What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
Wouldn't there need to be a team wanting to actually sign him for that to happen?

Given nobodies like Sam Obst and Mick Dobson are full time first graders overe there, I don't think Robbo would have an issue. Hell, his interview would be easy as piss.

Coach-So Robbo, what can you bring to this club?
Robbo-Well, I average 26 tackles a ga...
Coach interrupts-Will 300k do?

hindy111

Post Whore
Big mistake was re-signing robson at the same time Kingston was unsigned...I remember it was around rnd 22...
Oh well...

boxhead

First Grade
Big mistake was re-signing robson at the same time Kingston was unsigned...I remember it was around rnd 22...
Oh well...

Mate, we could not re-sign Kingston, no matter who we signed. I'll update the list by the way, thanks.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Oh well...

We didn't re-sign Robson until the season finished.

Kingston we were forbidden to sign by the NRL.

Sucks - but what can you do? There was originally a better method of signing him that we could've used that would've then allowed us to keep him - but you can't re-write history and change to the better method just because you sacked the old coach...

boxhead

First Grade
We didn't re-sign Robson until the season finished.

Kingston we were forbidden to sign by the NRL.

Sucks - but what can you do? There was originally a better method of signing him that we could've used that would've then allowed us to keep him - but you can't re-write history and change to the better method just because you sacked the old coach...

Perfectly agree; Robbo had come off a purple patch of form just like Mortimer, Eels had every right to think the pair could do it again I guess. Sucks about Kingston, but hey, we've got Anthony Mitchell now, who in his first 2 games even though under serious pressure has been great for us.

Djay

Juniors
Perfectly agree; Robbo had come off a purple patch of form just like Mortimer, Eels had every right to think the pair could do it again I guess. Sucks about Kingston, but hey, we've got Anthony Mitchell now, who in his first 2 games even though under serious pressure has been great for us.
Hooker is not a problem as much now, Mitchell is our future hooker.

gustarny

Juniors
Kimmorley back on the radar.I say grab him play him at 7 and play brad murray at 6 that will give us plenty of options on both sides of the ruck Mitchel at 9 and mortz 14 id be happy with that.With quade to come in 2012

caylo

Bench
Kimmorley back on the radar.I say grab him play him at 7 and play brad murray at 6 that will give us plenty of options on both sides of the ruck Mitchel at 9 and mortz 14 id be happy with that.With quade to come in 2012

How about Kimmorley for a year, Quade from 2010, Murray at 14 and Mitchell at 9. Murray can come on a play 30min of hooker and get used to the pressure of NRL then when Kimmorley retires he can take the 7. If Quade doent come till 2012 i would play humble or barba over mortz who needs a good stint in wenty before he is promoted again IMO.

Djay

Juniors
Not a bad idea.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah it's lookinh more likely that Quade is now an option for 2012..

get Noddy in there now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Venge, I thonk I know what the answer is going to be, him and Canterbury have a gentlemens agreement where he'll join the bulldogs coaching staff...

that will be the official word from him my friend.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Surely the dogs would be asking why he hasnt announced his retirement. I think its obvious he wants to go round again.

Status
Not open for further replies.