What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
not us

and how the f**k are the Dogs signing every man and his dog and staying under the cap :?

EXACTLY what I thought, when I heard the news on Pritchard on the BSB this morning.

They have to be over the cap. They are buying just about anyone that comes on the market!!!

Forty20

First Grade
RENI THE EEL
Parramatta are the new favourites to sign former Bulldog and Shark Reni Maitua. Up to half a dozen clubs have expressed interest in Maitua but the Eels are quietly confident they will get their man. The 28-year old won't be able to return to the NRL until a two-year drug ban is completed in May, however.

FORGET QUADE
He won't admit it but Eels coach Daniel Anderson has told the club's board he doesn't think Wallabies star Quade cooper is worth the hype or the money. But that isn't likely to stop the Eels from making a massive bid to entice Cooper to switch codes in 2011 in another slap in the face to the besieged coach.

MUSICAL COACHES
So why did the Eels approach Stephen Kearney to sound him out about replacing Daniel Anderson for 2011? Bizarrely, it all goes back a few months ago when Ivan Cleary was on thin ice at the Warriors. Eels officials were worried the Warriors would make a move to sign Anderson - who coached them to a grand final in 2002 - setting in motion the chain of events that saw Eels boss Paul Osbourne fly to Melbourne to meet up with Kearney recently.

The Mole Pg 6, RLW, August 25

JUSTIN POORE, WHO LINES UP FOR HIS 150th game this Friday against Souths, is set to be a captaincy candidate for the Perth Reds' proposed NRL return in 2013. Poore has played three times for NSW but is originally a Sandgroper, having been born on Australia Day, 1985.. The Reds are keen to tempt players with WA roots like Daniel Holdsworth and Kevin Proctor back to the west. Meanwhile, off-contract winger Eric Grothe has had 'a couple of nibbles' from other clubs, according to his manager. And Eel Dominic Nasso has made the Italian squad for this year's internationals against Wales and Lebanon.

-Steve Mascord, From The Sheds, RLW, August 25

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
FORGET QUADE
He won't admit it but Eels coach Daniel Anderson has told the club's board he doesn't think Wallabies star Quade cooper is worth the hype or the money. But that isn't likely to stop the Eels from

interesting

not good if true. the coach should be running the show although i'm not too sold on him either

eel01s

Bench
Geez we are a joke at the moment. At least that is how it currently appears to everyone. I hope that the grand plan (ie. Spags imploring people to be patient to see what unfolds) is worth all this crap.

Parraren

Bench
Geez it's frustrating when you read today that the dogs have signed Aiden Tolman, Trent Hodkinson, Kris Keating, Frank Pritchard & apparently Greg Eastwood isn't too far away either. FFS do these pricks have a salary cap?

Geez it's frustrating when you read today that the dogs have signed Aiden Tolman, Trent Hodkinson, Kris Keating, Frank Pritchard & apparently Greg Eastwood isn't too far away either. FFS do these pricks have a salary cap?
Plus they re-signed Ryan Tandy.
They are losing Kimmorely, Patten and Hannant. but surely they have spent more then what they have lost.

Suitman

Post Whore
Meanwhile Frank Pritchard has signed with the dogs.

$64 question: which club is kicking the goals in recruitment ATM ...

not us

and how the f**k are the Dogs signing every man and his dog and staying under the cap :?

more importantly to Eels fans

how come we are apparently cashed up for next year and cant sign anyone ?

EXACTLY what I thought, when I heard the news on Pritchard on the BSB this morning.

They have to be over the cap. They are buying just about anyone that comes on the market!!!

we can't even keep players!!

Plus they re-signed Ryan Tandy.
They are losing Kimmorely, Patten and Hannant. but surely they have spent more then what they have lost.

I would actually trust that Todd Greenberg has his finger on the pulse with regards to the salary cap.

I also think that Ozzie does. I'm not stressing yet.
One signature, if it is forthcoming, could win us a comp.

Suity

Forty20

First Grade
I would actually trust that Todd Greenberg has his finger on the pulse with regards to the salary cap.

I also think that Ozzie does. I'm not stressing yet.
One signature, if it is forthcoming, could win us a comp.

Suity

Eternal optimism is the hallmark of any good Eels supporter isn't it, Suity? :D

Even without Quade or Cronk inking a deal with us (as fantastic as that would be) I honestly don't think we are as bad off for next year as some people are making out.

I mean let me put this in perspective, in the absolute worst case scenario of no big signing and thus we have Brad Murray partnering with Mortimer/Humble/Robson/Mannah...it would still surely be better then what we had this year (that is no joke).

Hell if we had him this year we probably win against the SharksX2/Knights/Broncos/Tigers and then we are competing for the minor premiership and everyone is pumped for a premiership in 2010.

But to quote Ben Cousins' belly, 'Such is life'.

Gronk

Staff member
Haha, the Dogs over the cap ? Nooo, they just have hired Brian Waldron as consultant.

Elsewhere, League Week reveals how the Canterbury is on the verge of reviving the career of Parramatta winger Eric Grothe. The Bulldogs have also made a big play for Penrith's Kiwi international Frank Pritchard.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I mean let me put this in perspective, in the absolute worst case scenario of no big signing and thus we have Brad Murray partnering with Mortimer/Humble/Robson/Mannah...it would still surely be better then what we had this year (that is no joke).

Hell if we had him this year we probably win against the SharksX2/Knights/Broncos/Tigers and then we are competing for the minor premiership and everyone is pumped for a premiership in 2010.

Even if we only won 3 of those 5 games we'd be chasing a spot in the top 4.

You're right - we cannot underestimate how woeful the halfback position has been for us this year. We've tried to manufacture a halfback by using 5/8s there - but it clearly isn't working. No disrespect to Robson, but the guy is not a top grade halfback.

Having someone who naturally does the halfback things will be massive for us next year! And if we happen to hit the jackpot and get someone even better than Murray - fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.