What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Haven't you people learnt not to believe what you read in the paper.........

the funny thing is, I believe the paper more than I believe the few nuffies speading crap on the other site.

the situation with a 7 for 2011 is quite simple, it's either Orford or whoever we already have.

i don't say i believe anything here or the other site ethier. But until i see a press conference with Ozzie and whoever we sign then we have Morts, Robo and young brad as our halves next year. Robo and Morts got us to a GF in 2009 so people should stop dipping them so much.

andrew057

First Grade
Robo and Morts got us to a GF in 2009 so people should stop dipping them so much.

Such a lie. Hayne and a team of firing players got Parra to the Grand Final, not Robson or Mortimer. They both however played a huge part in Parra not making the 8 this season.

Kornstar

Coach
I'm not too sure about Blair, I think we have enough depth in our pack without having to rely on the likes of Blair, who imo, flops in big games.

Is that the guy who scored a try in the GF against us? He was one of their best in the GF imo, deserved CC medal over Slater!!

Avenger

Immortal
Adam Blair is a top player. I would have him in a heartbeat. Is it just me or are we feeling all buoyant with the Kearney appointment ?

Adam Blair is a top player. I would have him in a heartbeat. Is it just me or are we feeling all buoyant with the Kearney appointment ?
I too am feeling that, maybe it's the culture of the club he came from or the way he talked when he was appointed. I feel a lot more confident for 2011 than I did a month ago.

Gronk

Staff member

Is it just me or are we feeling all buoyant with the pending Orford appointment ?

He'll make the world of difference. If he was with us in 09, Ando would still be here and we'd have dipped out somewhere towards the pointy end.

Happy to see how SK goes.

boxhead

First Grade
Originally Posted by boxhead

We are reportedly going to sign Karl Filiga on a new second tier contract, this would mean he will be part of our NSW Cup side and push for a first-grade spot. In fact it is being finalised as we speak.

OUR CONFIRMED COACH IS:

Stephen Kearney - Officially signed with the Parramatta Eels, article here;

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...h/default.aspx

Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Casey Mcguire - Catalans Dragons (Super League) Utility
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre -
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback - Update: Apparently offered a four-year contract? Unconfirmed.
Johnathon Thurston - Cowboys Halfback
Adam Blair - Storm 2nd row/Prop - Update: Apparently we have offered him a contract? Unconfirmed.
Matt Orford- Bradford Bulls Halfback
Craig Gower - Halfback

Close to being re-signed;

Timana Tahu - Rumoured 2-3 year contract. Update: Stephen Kearney wants to keep him, likely to re-sign very soon.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

Daniel Anderson is gone. Stephen Kearney is favourite to take his spot.
New potential signings to be announced along with the coach perhaps.....
Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

Looks like Karl Filiga will be training full-time now with the first-grade squad......

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Looks like Karl Filiga will be training full-time now with the first-grade squad......

You can't sign a second tier contract and be part of the top 25... that's the whole reason it's called "second" tier. That doesn't stop him from training with the first grade squad though.

boxhead

First Grade
You can't sign a second tier contract and be part of the top 25... that's the whole reason it's called "second" tier. That doesn't stop him from training with the first grade squad though.

Well whichever, sorry I'm still not a hundred percent knowledgeable with contracts and stuff..... Will change that so it isn't a mistake in the report :)

But yes I believe he will be pushing for a first-grade spot.

Eels Dude

Coach
Well whichever, sorry I'm still not a hundred percent knowledgeable with contracts and stuff..... Will change that so it isn't a mistake in the report :)

But yes I believe he will be pushing for a first-grade spot.

You're right Boxhead ;-)

The second tier is the group below the first tier, the first tier being the top 25. The second tier are part time footballers with second jobs, who recieve a salary well below the first grade minimum of 55k, and match payments.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors

that's correct. I was told that ages ago by other players in the Bundy team who are close to him - they talk him up so much..

When you talk about Hayne's skill they always say "wait til you see Karl.."

boxhead

First Grade
You're right Boxhead ;-)

The second tier is the group below the first tier, the first tier being the top 25. The second tier are part time footballers with second jobs, who recieve a salary well below the first grade minimum of 55k, and match payments.

Ah ok, thank you for explaining that.

What I've heard is that Kearney wants to get Filiga training hard and working hard to improve and push for a first-grade spot, it sounds like Kearney may actually want to try out Filiga in the trials if he has a really good off-season and trains hard. I think that may be a bit early to try him, maybe it's the best idea to keep him going in NSW Cup and see how he performs for about half of the season, then see (if he really pushes hard) if he can make the first-grade team?

Status
Not open for further replies.