What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
that's correct. I was told that ages ago by other players in the Bundy team who are close to him - they talk him up so much..

When you talk about Hayne's skill they always say "wait til you see Karl.."

Yeah I do remember you posting that earlier, now that I think about it.
I've heard he is an awesome talent and has great potential, if he is as good as they say he is, then it is great that Kearney really wants to get him training hard and working for a first-grade position.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Yeah I do remember you posting that earlier, now that I think about it.
I've heard he is an awesome talent and has great potential, if he is as good as they say he is, then it is great that Kearney really wants to get him training hard and working for a first-grade position.

Karl has had alot of family problems and personal issues throughout this year. If he can get himself training hard and concentrating on footy, he could well cement a spot for himself in the team somewhere.

I hope we see alot of Karl in our trial games next year.

p.s. where did you hear the news boxhead?

The Colonel

Immortal
Karl Filiga is an awesome talent. That much is true. As for being able to cement a position in the first grade squad, regardless of the off field issues he has had with the detah of his younger brother prior to that he was unable to cement a position. If he was ever going to he would have ages ago......

Djay

Juniors
Karl Filiga is an awesome talent. That much is true. As for being able to cement a position in the first grade squad, regardless of the off field issues he has had with the detah of his younger brother prior to that he was unable to cement a position. If he was ever going to he would have ages ago......
Ok, you seem to have seen alot of him. He is in a different situation as Loko so I say why not give him a go if he was ready a while ago. Nothing to lose plus I hear he can attack something Reddy cannot.

Eels Dude

Coach
Ok, you seem to have seen alot of him. He is in a different situation as Loko so I say why not give him a go if he was ready a while ago. Nothing to lose plus I hear he can attack something Reddy cannot.

What have you got against Reddy? He can score a try from close range he's pretty quick and strong. Filiga is more of a backrower anyway, and it's still unsure at this stage if he can hack it at top grade. He only got into Wenty's NSW cup side due to injuries, otherwise he would have been playing in the Bundy Reds still.

Djay

Juniors
What have you got against Reddy? He can score a try from close range he's pretty quick and strong. Filiga is more of a backrower anyway, and it's still unsure at this stage if he can hack it at top grade. He only got into Wenty's NSW cup side due to injuries, otherwise he would have been playing in the Bundy Reds still.
I do not rate him at all TBH, he cannot attack and his supposed to be a great defender yet he struggles at times to do that.

caylo

Bench

Disagree, after 2-3 rounds of bundy cup he foreced his way into the NSW cup and was outplaying guys like Wright and Etu before taking extended leave for his personal reasons which is now clear it was his brothers illness.
I think had he not taken time off he would have been in the NRL this year and I was hearing that Anderson was intrested in his progress very early in the preseason.
I think with Reddys injury over the offseason Filinga may very well take his starting spot in the centres. I still believe that we will start the season or a after a few weeks end up with the following backline

1 Hayne
2 Burt
3 Filinga
4 Tahu
5 Grothe

Eelementary

Post Whore
My brain is so incredible that I don't even need to go lectures, I only go to compulsory tutes :p

While I'd love to have Cronk here, I have a feeling it's not happening, at least not for 2011. Orford is good enough and I really hope we get him . Maybe we should go put some money on parra at $17 before our odds shorten after we hopefully sign an experienced half back .

Oh and someone mentioned it earlier, but what is an android phone ? And what's galaxy s ?

Android is the next big thing in terms of mobile technology. It's the platform for the newest and baddest phones on the planet - and it's programmer-friendly, so the possibilities are endless...

Galaxy S is Samsung's new phone - I believe it runs on Android.

I had a 3G S before it went "walkabout" and it was seriously the best phone I've ever had.

sarahk

Juniors
Android is the next big thing in terms of mobile technology. It's the platform for the newest and baddest phones on the planet - and it's programmer-friendly, so the possibilities are endless...

Galaxy S is Samsung's new phone - I believe it runs on Android.

I had a 3G S before it went "walkabout" and it was seriously the best phone I've ever had.

Thanks eelememtary :) I think I'll stick to my easy to use iPhone for now !!

mrpwnd

Bench
I'm a pretty big fan of Reddy so there's a lot of bias when I say this, but last year he was just as excellent in attack as he was in defense, good work ethic, consistent and somewhere along the lines of a Hindy-esque player in the centres.
Heck, he still looks more dangerous than Tahu has ever been this year and if not for that injury he's apparently been carrying all year i'm sure he could've had way more impact than this year, which was dissapointing by his standards.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Karl will make it if given the opportunity. The only reason he didn't make it at the sharks was because of ricky stuart, we all know ricky is one to destroy a players career.

Karl was at the bulldogs before signing with the sharks and was rated so highly by all the players there, the likes of mason, sbw, ryan, asotasi etc they all rated him as the next superstar, unfortunately though he got injured and it set him back.

He was close to getting a game this season, i heard he was about to start training with the team mid way through the season but this is when his brother became sick and he had to leave.

I think parramatta have got a good signing in karl. Didn't pay massive $$$ for him and with a good pre-season and hopefully getting a run in a trial game he could be the bolter of this season.

84 Baby

Referee
I think parramatta have got a good signing in karl. Didn't pay massive $$$ for him and with a good pre-season and hopefully getting a run in a trial game he could be the bolter of this season.
Correct me if I'm wrong but by not paying massive $$$ for him, you mean Parra didn't pay anything for him. He's a Wenty player and not contracted to the Eels in any way?

Noise

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong but by not paying massive $$$ for him, you mean Parra didn't pay anything for him. He's a Wenty player and not contracted to the Eels in any way?

No, he's in our 2nd tier squad. Parra pay for those contracts. Obviously they are a lot less than our top 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts