What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
God

335666-gary-ablett.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore

great God

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/28/1046407751931.html

Ablett told fan the heroin she was snorting was cocaine

By Steve Butcher
March 1 2003

Fallen AFL idol Gary Ablett offered heroin to an infatuated fan who died after a marathon drugs and alcohol binge but told her she was using cocaine.

Transcripts of a police interview have revealed Ablett's version of what happened inside room 1265 at the Park Hyatt Hotel in South Melbourne on the night of February 16, 2000.

Ablett said he prepared four or five lines and had rolled up a bank note to snort them when 20-year-old Alisha Horan came out of the bathroom.

They were already "wasted" from a day and night-long binge of alcohol and ecstasy.

"Basically she caught me with it," Ablett says of the heroin. "She asked what it was. I didn't really want her knowing that it was what it was.

"And I told her it was cocaine. And she wanted some."

He told police he was drunk, tired and not thinking straight, but that he didn't want Ms Horan to have heroin. "I only gave her a very tiny amount", he says.

She sat on the bed afterwards while he had six or eight times Ms Horan's amount. Hours later she would be dead.

Ablett's words are from a full confession volunteered to police last year in which he says he was prompted by his religion and a heavy heart to "reveal the facts as they happened".

Almost a year earlier, coroner Noreen Toohey found that Ms Horan died from a combination of heroin, ecstasy and amphetamines and that she had been "partying out of her league".

Ablett said in a statement read to the inquest that when he pulled back Ms Horan's eyelids her eyes had rolled back. He yelled and shook her and then called for an ambulance. She died about 8pm on February 18.

Ablett was charged after the admissions in the police interview with four drug offences. He pleaded guilty and was convicted and fined $1500 last November.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we know, seen it before

despite his off field incidents after he retired

freakish talent once in a generation player, natural strength and skill of Freddie and Joey combined

shame he was born south of the Murray, would have loved to see him in the No 6 for Eels

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So do we have to spend the $700k that we have up our sleeve?

It would seem crazy to come in so far under.

Hopefully we have a few big guns coming.

yy_cheng

Coach
So do we have to spend the $700k that we have up our sleeve?

It would seem crazy to come in so far under.

Hopefully we have a few big guns coming.

Question is Tahu is not signed yet right?

I assume he'll take up a chunk of that.

MAybe they'll wait until they see if JT comes. If JT doesn't and no Orford then resign Tahu on a front loaded deal.

However, that would be risky as tahu is not too stable right now.

mrpwnd

Bench
AFL must be easy if you can play so good while smoking up/snorting up/blazing up a few concoctions.
Maybe I should head over to the Adelaide crows with some premium Brazillian weed and Jamaican crack to keep me pumping through a whole season of quality AFL.

boxhead

First Grade
Guys, someone has reported that Thurston has "agreed to terms" with the Eels but waiting on Cowboys management to approve.
The same person also reported that Adam Blair is in the mix/wants to come.
He says he heard this off two board members.

Don't believe it till' the ink is dry and the deal is done guys, but I will say, the person who posted it definitely believes what he is writing. He isn't lying, or at least not intentionally telling the wrong information; you can tell it from the way he writes and his nature.

Take from that what you will......you would definitely think neither Blair or Thurston are coming, but honestly, with the way the Eels are at the moment, who the hell knows!?

eels81236

Bench
Guys, someone has reported that Thurston has "agreed to terms" with the Eels but waiting on Cowboys management to approve.
The same person also reported that Adam Blair is in the mix/wants to come.
He says he heard this off two board members

Don't believe it till' the ink is dry and the deal is done guys, but I will say, the person who posted it definitely believes what he is writing. He isn't lying, or at least not intentionally telling the wrong information; you can tell it from the way he writes and his nature.

Take from that what you will......you would definitely think neither Blair or Thurston are coming, but honestly, with the way the Eels are at the moment, who the hell knows!?

I don't believe it. Our board have a history of keeping things pretty close to their chest.

Stagger eel

Staff member
boxhead, our offer from me and uncle Avenger still stands...

if ANY of it comes to frutition you will coming on a little excusion with us to a high class establishment on us..

I for one won't be holding my breath..

Noise

Coach
boxhead, our offer from me and uncle Avenger still stands...

if ANY of it comes to frutition you will coming on a little excusion with us to a high class establishment on us..

I for one won't be holding my breath..[/QUOTE\

hahaha dam i wish posted this rumour. I have heard nothing but great things about those fine establishments in the east. if this comes true, Boxy u are in for a treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts