What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
No disrespect Boxy, but there is no way on earth Thurston will be coming here next year. There is probably some truth to the rumours that there a few issues between him and Cowboys management but those rumours have been running for years and he only re-signed 6 months ago. Good on you for posting your continued updates, but you come across as too nice a guy, too innocent, and therefore extremely gullible. It's best not reporting at all if it's a rumour so completely ludicrious that someone's just pulling it out of their arse. It's not that hard to sound sincere over the net even though you're telling fibs.

:) Look, I won't hold my breath to see what happens, but I am genuinely interested in who these two new players are. Whoever they are, I will be proud to see them wear the blue and gold, so whether they are world class players like Thurston or not, doesn't really bother me I guess. I am a bit gullible, yes.
For me, the big thing about getting Thurston is not that he is the best halfback in the world, but I genuinely like the guy.

Christ there's some naivety on the "other site" also as there's actually a large proportion who think it is thurston coming and are literally welcoming him. The dead give away for me that he's not coming is the fact 2 tight arses like staggs & veng were offering to shout boxie a ron coote in a high class establishment.

On that thought, can we please stop these "discussions".....they quite frankly disgust me :eek:
We don't have to wait for long for who these new signings Ossie mentioned are, we would assume they would be announced before pre-season starts. It should be announced before the end of next week, hopefully even over the weekend. Not long at all!! :D

SDM

First Grade
Christ there's some naivety on the "other site" also as there's actually a large proportion who think it is thurston coming and are literally welcoming him. The dead give away for me that he's not coming is the fact 2 tight arses like staggs & veng were offering to shout boxie a ron coote in a high class establishment.

Ron Coote >> Eels??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
:) Look, I won't hold my breath to see what happens, but I am genuinely interested in who these two new players are. Whoever they are, I will be proud to see them wear the blue and gold, so whether they are world class players like Thurston or not, doesn't really bother me I guess. I am a bit gullible, yes.
For me, the big thing about getting Thurston is not that he is the best halfback in the world, but I genuinely like the guy.

Well mate, my mail is that he's already signed, sealed and delivered and it'll be announced as soon as the Four Nations is over.

Of course, I don't believe a word of it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
:) Look, I won't hold my breath to see what happens, but I am genuinely interested in who these two new players are. Whoever they are,

I'll tell you something really funny Box, it wouldn't surprise me if Osborne doesn't even know who they are, read his words carefuly! he is hopeful to announce 1 maybe 2 signings shortly..

hopeful being the operative word...

boxhead

First Grade
I'll tell you something really funny Box, it wouldn't surprise me if Osborne doesn't even know who they are, read his words carefuly! he is hopeful to announce 1 maybe 2 signings shortly..

Ngawww.....c'mon Uncle Staggs, surely Mr Osbourne wouldn't make such bold claims without *some* form of certainty, would he? :cool:

so who are we signing today ?

must be another good rumour about

I'll have to find one for you, wait a few minutes.

boxhead

First Grade
Well mate, my mail is that he's already signed, sealed and delivered and it'll be announced as soon as the Four Nations is over.

Of course, I don't believe a word of it.

Hey, you remind me of my friends elsewhere :) They all say he wants to sign but waiting on the Cowboys to say "yes" or "NO".
Difference being, you don't believe it and they do :)

Just have to wait 'n see.

born an eel

Bench

he better be careful, if he doesn't have a 1 year, 3 year and 5 year plan of who he wants to sign his job may be in jeopardy :crazy:

hold on, ozzies not involved in recruitment, it's the coaches job, ozzie just signs the contracts :sarcasm:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its also Ossie's job to make the announcements even if he doesn't do the recruiting

boxhead

First Grade
well if he annoumces tahu then he is not lying is he?

Ossie mentioned Tahu separately in the e-mail as one of our signed players, I'm certain that the two new signings he mentioned are two new players. Hell, we don't even know if we have been linked to them before, so it's a bit up in the air at the moment.

@born an eel

Kearney said that once he took over the job he needed a full guarantee that he would control recruitment, I believe that he would thus be responsible for telling the board the players he wants. That is likely why these two signings are happening after Kearney signed and not earlier in the season, they are more than likely players Kearney wants.

boxhead

First Grade
its also Ossie's job to make the announcements even if he doesn't do the recruiting

Yes exactly.

Hey, a question to anyone in the know, have we actually confirmed the signing of Casey Mcguire yet?? The Eels didn't themselves confirm it I think but it has been confirmed in the papers, much like some of our other signings this year. Just curious; someone asked the question on the other forum if Casey might be one of the announcements (I strongly doubt it though).

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Someone here mentioned a while back that they were not concerned about lack of signings because that had spoken to people at the club who said to be patient as all will be sweet in good time.

So I am not worried. Just waiting to see who we are signing.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Someone here mentioned a while back that they were not concerned about lack of signings because that had spoken to people at the club who said to be patient as all will be sweet in good time.

That was Stagger i believe.

Gronk

Staff member
As much as I'd like to see Boxy get some pricey pussy, I'm thinking that our team has been finalized.

born an eel

Bench
you can only sign who ever comes on the market, so not a lot they can do. We are/have already tried to lure a few on contract but most of the time your hands are tied.

I would prefer not to sign people just for the sake of it, and leave room in the cap for an unexpected opportunity if one arises e.g. Gasnier's situation.

boxhead

First Grade

Yeah same here mate :)

HEY TWIZZLE!!!!

I found you a rumour!

I've heard on the grape vine that 67 days after broncos announced Inglis had signed he is still not a bronco. Both the storm and broncos are refusing to comment publicly as to why this is the case. I have heard it is due to other players wanting to leave storm and storm about to bow to their requests. There have been many boardroom meetings regarding this and storm do not want to release Inglis until situation is clear.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.