What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

eels81236

Bench
boxhead, our offer from me and uncle Avenger still stands...

if ANY of it comes to frutition you will coming on a little excusion with us to a high class establishment on us..

I for one won't be holding my breath

Considering the forementioned offer....in the end boxie will end up holding something and it is certainly isn't his breath.

Jason70

Juniors
Guys, someone has reported that Thurston has "agreed to terms" with the Eels but waiting on Cowboys management to approve.
The same person also reported that Adam Blair is in the mix/wants to come.
He says he heard this off two board members.

Don't believe it till' the ink is dry and the deal is done guys, but I will say, the person who posted it definitely believes what he is writing. He isn't lying, or at least not intentionally telling the wrong information; you can tell it from the way he writes and his nature.

Take from that what you will......you would definitely think neither Blair or Thurston are coming, but honestly, with the way the Eels are at the moment, who the hell knows!?

As a punter would love to have just $10 on the Thurston/Blair all-up. Estimate all up 200/1 and to sweeten it we would probably win the comp with those 2. Wishful thinking. Best half in the world(still) and best forward in the world along with Burgess and Ellis.

eels81236

Bench
As a punter would love to have just $10 on the Thurston/Blair all-up. Estimate all up 200/1 and to sweeten it we would probably win the comp with those 2. Wishful thinking. Best half in the world(still) and best forward in the world along with Burgess and Ellis.

Are there 2 Adam Blairs and I've never heard of one of them? ie: the best in the world one?

Noise

Coach
Considering the forementioned offer....in the end boxie will end up holding something and it is certainly isn't his breath.

A couple of possible future conversations:

"Jarryd, this is JT. JT, Jarryd - Now go tear the NRL a new arsehole"

"Boxy this is 'Candy'. Candy , Boxhead - Now go tear Boxy a new...."

boxhead

First Grade
Dudes, that's disgusting.

Back on-topic please.......
:)

Well, whether the rumours are true or not, again, just have to wait and see.

By the way Staggs, have you heard anything to suggest who the two new players Ossie was referencing are?

lewiscook

Juniors
Dudes, that's disgusting.

Back on-topic please.......
:)

Well, whether the rumours are true or not, again, just have to wait and see.

By the way Staggs, have you heard anything to suggest who the two new players Ossie was referencing are?

It is honestly too good to be true.
The cowboys would have to have rocks in there head to let Thurston go, he is the reason they haven't been wooden spooners in recent years.
And they would have to have gone mad to let Thurston go to a rival NRL club.

I can not see this happening but i could be wrong? stranger things have happened?

boxhead

First Grade
It is honestly too good to be true.
The cowboys would have to have rocks in there head to let Thurston go, he is the reason they haven't been wooden spooners in recent years.

I can not see this happening but i could be wrong? stranger things have happened?

Hey mate, yeah the theory is that Thurston has actually been a negative influence at the club; the roster they have capped off with the best halfback in the world as captain means they should be making the top four regularly, but they haven't succeeded at all since 2005.
The big rumour is that the Cowboys, and Thurston, both want to part ways as they feel they are not good for each-other; the Cowboys supposedly believe they won't achieve anything with Thurston as the leader, and Thurston apparently conversely wants to start fresh.

That's all just speculation though; I've heard it in many nooks and crannies, but it doesn't make it true; I honestly hope he stays at the Cowboys (they are one of my favourite teams) but if both parties believe they will both benefit from parting ways, then I fully support them :)

lewiscook

Juniors
Hey mate, yeah the theory is that Thurston has actually been a negative influence at the club; the roster they have capped off with the best halfback in the world as captain means they should be making the top four regularly, but they haven't succeeded at all since 2005.
The big rumour is that the Cowboys, and Thurston, both want to part ways as they feel they are not good for each-other; the Cowboys supposedly believe they won't achieve anything with Thurston as the leader, and Thurston apparently conversely wants to start fresh.

That's all just speculation though; I've heard it in many nooks and crannies, but it doesn't make it true; I honestly hope he stays at the Cowboys (they are one of my favourite teams) but if both parties believe they will both benefit from parting ways, then I fully support them :)

That does make some sense out of the hole situation but at the end of the day alot of sh*t must have gone down between Thurston Extending his deal at the Cowboys and now supposedly wonting out likewise with his club?
Hopefully more will come to light over the next couple of weeks!
Cheers Boxy for the update mate!

boxhead

First Grade
That does make some sense out of the hole situation but at the end of the day alot of sh*t must have gone down between Thurston Extending his deal at the Cowboys and now supposedly wonting out likewise with his club?

No worries mate :) The good thing is that we should know these signings before the end of next week, as pre-season starts in about a week and a half; I think we will know who the signings Ossie mentioned are in that time, so we don't have to wait long (hopefully)!!
:cool:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
boxhead, our offer from me and uncle Avenger still stands...

if ANY of it comes to frutition you will coming on a little excusion with us to a high class establishment on us..

I for one won't be holding my breath..

In the bordello, will he be on his knees praying to God while
images

parra pete

Referee

:sarcasm:

Eels Dude

Coach
No disrespect Boxy, but there is no way on earth Thurston will be coming here next year. There is probably some truth to the rumours that there a few issues between him and Cowboys management but those rumours have been running for years and he only re-signed 6 months ago. Good on you for posting your continued updates, but you come across as too nice a guy, too innocent, and therefore extremely gullible. It's best not reporting at all if it's a rumour so completely ludicrious that someone's just pulling it out of their arse. It's not that hard to sound sincere over the net even though you're telling fibs.

Eels Dude

Coach
No disrespect Boxy, but there is no way on earth Thurston will be coming here next year. There is probably some truth to the rumours that there a few issues between him and Cowboys management but those rumours have been running for years and he only re-signed 6 months ago. Good on you for posting your continued updates, but you come across as too nice a guy, too innocent, and therefore extremely gullible. It's best not reporting at all if it's a rumour so completely ludicrious that someone's just pulling it out of their arse. It's not that hard to sound sincere over the net even though you're telling fibs.

This is the same club that wanted Neil Henry over Wayne Bennet. 'Nuff said.

Not that I believe a word of these ridiculous rumours.

ROGUE

Juniors
Christ there's some naivety on the "other site" also as there's actually a large proportion who think it is thurston coming and are literally welcoming him. The dead give away for me that he's not coming is the fact 2 tight arses like staggs & veng were offering to shout boxie a ron coote in a high class establishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts