What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Stags do you know if they are planning spending the remander of the cap in anyway?
I think I'll hibinate in 2011 seems a lost cause already.

Yeah I'm over it. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the cricket. Oh, hold on ...

Gronk

Staff member
I cannot see them going into season 2011 with nearly a million under the cap.

x2 however I don't think that we are that much under the cap as a heap of the Quade Cooper offer was made up of 3rd party payments IIRC.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe we throw Riddell a lifeline? at least it's someone.

I know some would disagree but I agree and would offer him soemething. No use having money left over. Who knows come round 16 we could be fighting for a top four spot but due to injuries we have some serious depth issue in the hooker / backrow spot - wouldn't it be nice to able then to call on Riddell

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I know some would disagree but I agree and would offer him soemething. No use having money left over. Who knows come round 16 we could be fighting for a top four spot but due to injuries we have some serious depth issue in the hooker / backrow spot - wouldn't it be nice to able then to call on Riddell

Exactly.
I havent heard anything lately, but i don't think he got many offers, so i doubt it would cost much to get him back here and could be handy in the development of Mitchell....just have to hope Piggy does not take him out like he did with Timmy :roll:

spiderdan

Bench
I cannot see them going into season 2011 with nearly a million under the cap.
if we really are that far under then surely the club will have to spend up more, be it on a couple of signings for depth, upgrading contracts or a figment from the esl.

i was under the impression (and may be wrong) that each club had to spend all of the $ given to them by the nrl, which was around $3.7m/year, on top 25 salaries.

spiderdan

Bench
Police released his photo from security footage at the TAB to identify him, in regards to the betting scandal from the Cowboys v Bulldogs match.
apart from a slap on the wrist by the nrl in the form of a small fine i don't think he will have too much to answer for. i think the nrl set a precedent a few years back when dragons players were betting on themselves to win. murray wasn't even involved in this game.

unless he has outlaid a massive wad of cash on the outcome there wouldn't be too much from him placing a bet that suggests he was invovled in match fixing, especially seeing as that outcome didn't eventuate. for all we know he may have heard a rumour and thought it was worth the risk but i can't see how he can be tied to match fixing given the circumstances.

that said if evidence does show he has done something illegal then he should have his arse kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts