What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazeely

First Grade
Piggy is not one whom I would have targeted to resign but in the current situation we find ourselves why the f**k not. Depth in the back row and hookers role. Especially considering he appears to have signed a 1 year contract only. Would have suited us. Maybe we are saving up for one hell of a Xmas party in 2011.

Gronk

Staff member
Bulls hold up Ox's return with demand for $200,000

Brad Walter

December 8, 2010
Matt-Orford-420x0.jpg
Making a break ... Bradford Bulls playmaker Matt Orford is keen to return to Australia and the NRL. Photo: Getty Images

DEMANDS for a transfer fee of up to $200,000 from Bradford are understood to be holding up former Manly captain Matt Orford's move to Canberra next season.
Speculation suggesting Orford and the Raiders had agreed on a deal prompted TAB Sportsbet to issue a press release on the club's premiership odds yesterday, but Canberra insisted the move had not been finalised and the agency retracted the release. While the Bulls announced in October that Orford's request for a release from the remaining two years of his contract would be granted, the English Super League club wants compensation for the loss of their chief playmaker and are seeking up to £125,000 ($198,442).
The Herald has been told Bradford owe Orford a similar amount but he is not prepared to forfeit that sort of money and the Raiders do not want to pay it, leaving him in limbo. Parramatta, who had also been interested in Orford, have pulled out of negotiations and are concentrating on finding a centre to replace Timana Tahu.

New Eels coach Stephen Kearney is understood to have contacted Greg Inglis, whom he knows well from their time in Melbourne, but the star centre hopes to honour a deal with Souths :roll: once NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert hands down his assessment of the three-year contract.
A bid for former Storm and Australian centre Matt King has also failed, with Warrington refusing to release him from the final year of his deal.
Tahu, who had asked to take leave until February to deal with personal issues, will be formally released from the contract he agreed to several weeks ago but Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne would not close the door completely on the NSW representative playing for the club again. ''He'll sever ties with us and if he wants to sit down and talk to us in February it would be a completely different scenario,'' Osborne said. ''We're have already started looking elsewhere.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rn-with-demand-for-200000-20101207-18od1.html

strider

Post Whore
While the Bulls announced in October that Orford's request for a release from the remaining two years of his contract would be granted, the English Super League club wants compensation for the loss of their chief playmaker and are seeking up to £125,000 ($198,442).
The Herald has been told Bradford owe Orford a similar amount but he is not prepared to forfeit that sort of money and the Raiders do not want to pay it

i'm confused - do they mean owe him from time he's already spent there (which seems an aweful lot to be behind) or owe him going forward? .... does orford expect to get money from bradford for the contract he is leaving? - and then still get paid by canberra? .... fmd I'd like to change contracts that way!

84 Baby

Referee
I'm glad we haven't got all these players we tried to sign while they were under contract. We'll be ridiculed this year for failing to sign them but I'd prefer that to being known as the club who gets players to break contracts

Noise

Coach
After the great halfback seach of 2010 i am psyched for the great centre search of 2010/2011. Bring it on!

eel01s

Bench
I'm glad we haven't got all these players we tried to sign while they were under contract. We'll be ridiculed this year for failing to sign them but I'd prefer that to being known as the club who gets players to break contracts

I know, but, Parra are not known as a club who can target and then actually sign a player.

Eels Dude

Coach
i'm confused - do they mean owe him from time he's already spent there (which seems an aweful lot to be behind) or owe him going forward? .... does orford expect to get money from bradford for the contract he is leaving? - and then still get paid by canberra? .... fmd I'd like to change contracts that way!

Yeah that line made no sense to me either :?

New Eels coach Stephen Kearney is understood to have contacted Greg Inglis, whom he knows well from their time in Melbourne, but the star centre hopes to honour a deal with Souths :roll: once NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert hands down his assessment of the three-year contract.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rn-with-demand-for-200000-20101207-18od1.html

As I said in the GI thread...if everything at Souths falls down then look for us to swoop. We are the only Club that can afford him and will be losing Tahu soon so will a) have the money to afford him and b) be looking for a centre.

Suitman

Post Whore
Biggest collection of Superstars ever assembled in bush Rugby League...

That's really sad pete that it's taken Country Rugby League over 100 years to assemble an average lineup like that. What have they been doing for the past century?
Best of luck anyway. Hope the day is a success.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts