What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel01s

Bench
I didn't say that - I clearly said he can't be held accountable for the 2011 squad. He is accountable for things like structure, fitness, attitude etc.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I didn't say that - I clearly said he can't be held accountable for the 2011 squad. He is accountable for things like structure, fitness, attitude etc.

don't worry about sparty he gets a little jumpy when we mention coach's, i know exactly what you meant and you're 100% correct.

SK has put structures in place that were never there last year, in fact we probably have everything we need in a squad without the vital ingrediant and that's the cattle..

MrT

Juniors
Can we use this thread for it's intended purpose please. I get excited everytime I see a new post but learn it has nothing to do with potential recruitment lol

Gronk

Staff member
Deja vu. So SK can't be held accountable because he adopted DA's mess. Didn't DA adopt Hage's mess ?

So who's fckn fault is it ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Deja vu. So SK can't be held accountable because he adopted DA's mess. Didn't DA adopt Hage's mess ?

So who's fckn fault is it ?

well it certainly not Brian Smiths :lol:

bare in mind that Hagan walked away from an effectively incomplete assignment and apart from that magic 9 week period in 09, we've been attrocious since 07.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I can't fault our attitude, fitness and structure so far this season. But it's early days.

funny thing if we win next week we will be 2 from 4 and I bet including myself would have been happy with this start to season if it was mentioned in the off season

Eels Dude

Coach
Kearney was the one who decided to sign up Walker, Hicks, and Fats was he not? And let Tahu and Grothe go. Rejected Orford. Not saying they were bad decisions, but he definately had some say in recruitment and retention for 2011 and he did have a say in how our 2011 squad looks.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Kearney was the one who decided to sign up Walker, Hicks, and Fats was he not? And let Tahu and Grothe go. Rejected Orford. Not saying they were bad decisions, but he definately had some say in recruitment and retention for 2011 and he did have a say in how our 2011 squad looks.

Grothe retired

Scorer

Juniors
The team is what it is. SP needs to have a good look at the halves and backline now. It's will be too late if he leaves it for a few more weeks. We are going no where fast. The new signings Walker and Fatts are waste. Walker cannot pass the ball. Need to give Jordan Atkins a go as well whilst Loco although young should be thrown in at the deep end. The Storm do it with their NYC players. I watch Loco last night and he was a cut above the rest.

Chipmunk

Coach

Two decisions relating to recruitment and retention:
1. The decision not to pursue Orford given the game plan Kearney wanted to play
2. The decision that Matt Keating is the first player you re-sign for two more seasons

Are two decisions that I find totally ridiculous

Noise

Coach
2. The decision that Matt Keating is the first player you re-sign for two more seasons

and:

3. Why were neither inglis or champion not chased when we are clearly thin on centres?

El Diablo

Post Whore

Manna and Keating were both re-signed at the same time so he wasn't the first

Orford is a bit old. we need to sign a younger halfback

Stagger eel

Staff member
and:

3. Why were neither inglis or champion not chased when we are clearly thin on centres?

both were chased!!..

I personaly spoke to Alan Gainey myself and he said the interest by SK on GI was genuine and very strong until Mundine and Crowe stepped in and put a stop to it.

Chanpion was offered to us and SK baulked at the figure which was apparently more then 300K to come over.

Chipmunk

Coach
Manna and Keating were both re-signed at the same time so he wasn't the first

Orford is a bit old. we need to sign a younger halfback

Ok, fair call, equal first re-signing then...

Orford might be old, but for at least this season and possibly the next, he is a better option than all the talents combined at the Club at present.

btw - which unsigned for 2012 and beyond younger half-back do you believe is the better option than Orford?

MrT

Juniors
Harry Seijka - Penrith NYC half and Aust school boys.

we're supposedly talking to this kid.
was hoping to watch this kid now on Fox but I think he's injured.
Anymore news on this, we need a good young half so bad.

Bruest - I need to see more of
Wehbe - tries to better than he is

Chipmunk

Coach
both were chased!!..

I personaly spoke to Alan Gainey myself and he said the interest by SK on GI was genuine and very strong until Mundine and Crowe stepped in and put a stop to it.

Chanpion was offered to us and SK baulked at the figure which was apparently more then 300K to come over.

Not fussed on Inglis myself, he's good, but probably not worth the money on offer.

On Champion - He's probably worth $350k....realisticaly the circumstances the Club found itself in, he is probably worth $400k a year to the Club. So if he is a $1.2 million signing over 3 years and we have $600k to spend this year....why not give him $600k this season and and $300k for the next 2 years?? That way after this year he becomes a $300k a year player!

Can you give me a better centre that is going to be available from 2012 and beyond who is likely to leave the Club they're currently at??? That sort of calibre of player only really comes on offer when bizarre circumstances like the Inglis issue occurs...

Stagger eel

Staff member
was hoping to watch this kid now on Fox but I think he's injured.
Anymore news on this, we need a good young half so bad.

Bruest - I need to see more of
Wehbe - tries to better than he is

nah mate not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts