What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not fussed on Inglis myself, he's good, but probably not worth the money on offer.

On Champion - He's probably worth $350k....realisticaly the circumstances the Club found itself in, he is probably worth $400k a year to the Club. So if he is a $1.2 million signing over 3 years and we have $600k to spend this year....why not give him $600k this season and and $300k for the next 2 years?? That way after this year he becomes a $300k a year player!

Can you give me a better centre that is going to be available from 2012 and beyond who is likely to leave the Club they're currently at??? That sort of calibre of player only really comes on offer when bizarre circumstances like the Inglis issue occurs...

Junior Sau is a good start.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I really hope we get him, he's a beast. I'd pay $300k for him
If Tinkler gets the nod, we're no chance

yep definitely, the clincher is Idris..

if Jamaal jumps ship and heads to the F3 than I think we're a genuine shot at Sau.

Chipmunk

Coach
I recall some talk in the paper he was trying to get out of his deal with the Cowboys for this year....He would be pretty handy

Eels Dude

Coach
I recall some talk in the paper he was trying to get out of his deal with the Cowboys for this year....He would be pretty handy

I think that was before Brent Tate got injured though... The Cowboys would probably have released him if Tate didn't hurt himself so badly.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think that was before Brent Tate got injured though... The Cowboys would probably have released him if Tate didn't hurt himself so badly.

it was actually a done deal prior to Tate's injury, i just can't remember if that was pror to Champions approach to the club or after that.

Eels Dude

Coach
it was actually a done deal prior to Tate's injury, i just can't remember if that was pror to Champions approach to the club or after that.

Yeah I heard something similar too. But the injury too Tate meant resulted in the Cowboys refusing to release him alltogether simply because they didn't want to be down another centre.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Does anyone know what go with Tahu was. I understanding Kearney didn't want to give him until February off, so we let him go. However about 6 weeks ago it was reported in the Herald the Eels wanted to sit down with Tahu about a possible return. Then there was all this talk abut him going back to Newcastle because his partner moved back there. Then all of sudden he went to Penrith, you would think he would have been happy to return back to the eels consider it is only around the corner from Parramatta. Is there some real bad blood between the eels and Tahu?

jono

Juniors
Does anyone know what go with Tahu was. I understanding Kearney didn't want to give him until February off, so we let him go. However about 6 weeks ago it was reported in the Herald the Eels wanted to sit down with Tahu about a possible return. Then there was all this talk abut him going back to Newcastle because his partner moved back there. Then all of sudden he went to Penrith, you would think he would have been happy to return back to the eels consider it is only around the corner from Parramatta. Is there some real bad blood between the eels and Tahu?
But what the hell difference does it make now ? He's out there at Centerlink Stadium getting the runaround by some nuffie sharks centres.
It's a bit like when someone leaves your employ , you're supposed to give 'em an exit interview so they can clue you in as to why they left , but 9 times out of ten you either get a useless and/or less that truthful answer , or no answer at all . Build a bridge , Tahu's gone

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
But what the hell difference does it make now ? He's out there at Centerlink Stadium getting the runaround by some nuffie sharks centres.
It's a bit like when someone leaves your employ , you're supposed to give 'em an exit interview so they can clue you in as to why they left , but 9 times out of ten you either get a useless and/or less that truthful answer , or no answer at all . Build a bridge , Tahu's gone

Mate settle down. It was only a question. I don't really care if Tahu stays or goes, just a bit strange he signed with Penrith considering he wanted to move to Newcastle.

Eels Dude

Coach

Well I believe he did move back there for those couple of months... but he still had to get a job and that's probably why he's now playing with Penrith. I doubt there'd be bad blood, but our club probably just decided it was best for him to move on. I don't know if he'll turn out to be a great buy to Penrith, but a lot of Penrith supporters are unhappy they signed him just because they're worried he'll be a distraction like he was to our club last year.

attamarrap

Juniors
are we any chance of getting idris, stagger? are we even being mentioned? we've got plenty of cash apparently lets use it on a star player in a position we need help in!! does that make sense to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts