What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
NOW Jeff Robson has signed a two-year deal with Cronulla, the halfback will have to look out for a new set of digs.
Robson already makes the trek from Dee Why to Parramatta each day. But the northern beaches to the shire could become a bit of a grind.
Robson was also keen to link with former Wenty halves partner Albert Kelly and also heard good things about young Chad Townsend.

A two-year deal rather than the one offered by the Eels was the clincher for Robson.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/blues-a-little-green/story-e6freye0-1226071996971

Gronk

Staff member
THE struggling Cronulla Sharks are on the verge of announcing four major signings for next season including boom Tigers forward Andrew Fifita.

Fifita's Tigers teammate Bryce Gibbs, Parramatta halfback Jeff Robson and Knights hooker Isaac De Gois are also headed for Shark Park.

The Daily Telegraph understands all four players have agreed to terms but the club is reluctant to be caught out with another "Kade Snowden" type announcement until all contracts have been signed.

The Sharks are using funds freed up from the departures of props Luke Douglas to the Titans and Snowden to Newcastle to rebuild their front-row with the two Wests Tigers players.

Fifita is a sensational prospect who played City-Country this year and who recently agreed to a 12-month contract extension at Leichhardt.

Salary cap pressure from signing Adam Blair has now forced coach Tim Sheens to release both players.

De Gois will be returning home to Cronulla after three years in Newcastle, where he was signed to replace local legend Danny Buderus.

He actually agreed to a new deal under the previous Knights management but the offer was withdrawn by the Nathan Tinkler Group.

He was part of the Sharks' 2008 team under Ricky Stuart which finished equal minor premiers with Melbourne Storm and eventual NRL champions Manly.

In a further boost for the Sharks, Newcastle Knights boom forward Mark Taufua has also agreed to a two-year deal.

Four of Cronulla's outstanding Toyota Cup prospects have also signed new contracts - Chad Townsend, Tyrone Peachey, Sione Masima and Tokerau Raru.

Local junior Townsend, who made his first grade debut on Friday night against the Broncos, has signed on for a further two years. He's such an outstanding prospect that Robson from Parramatta will be flat out getting the half-back jersey from him.

The Sharks have also not ruled out offering an early release to struggling back-rower Anthony Tupou, who is soaking up $400,000 of the salary cap.

He is under contract until the end of next season.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...g-four-big-names/story-e6frfgbo-1226072008887

boxhead

First Grade
I think Fifita would have been a good buy for us. Did we chase him?

Unless he plays second row I think we wouldn't have needed him. At all. When our props are doing this well and yet with Justin Poore to come back, and considering the good props we have playing Toyota Cup, I think it would be a waste of money unless we used him in a wide-running role.
Does he play second-row??

boxhead

First Grade
That part talking about a possible early release for Anthony Tupou is interesting.....I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Blue and Gold if he can consistently perform the way he did early in the season.

Gronk

Staff member
That part talking about a possible early release for Anthony Tupou is interesting.....I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Blue and Gold if he can consistently perform the way he did early in the season.
Yeah he'd be good value if the Sharks paid some of that $400k. Otherwise, no thanks !

boxhead

First Grade
Oh that's right, we'd have to pay that much wouldn't we.....
Scratch that then.
If we got him for 250-300K I would be happy.

Bigfella

Coach
Fifita would be awesome.

He could play up front or in the back row I reckon.

I wouldn't say we don't nee props either. I'm concerned about How much footy poore has left in him. Arthritic injuries can't improve. They also tend to cause other problems.

We looked pretty ordinary when mannah backed up after origin.

It's really only him and FYI we can count on so another bloke who can play there would ne great. And he is a power player who can break the line and offload. We could always use that

fanaticeel

Juniors
Yes...but he was too fast for your forwards..

Faster than the raider forwards too pete considering the respective positions on the table. And faster than the raider backs too. Actually faster than the whole raiders organisation..for the moment.

richies

Juniors

well frizzel from nyc is going great guns and possibly more potential than him tup's hasn't really done much for nulla so it would make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.