What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I'd still love to see Fui Fui running a bit wider ... get another prop and maybe we could see 12. Moi Moi on day.

MrT

Juniors
I'd still love to see Fui Fui running a bit wider ... get another prop and maybe we could see 12. Moi Moi on day.

That's not a bad idea at all. He's a lot fitter now and he could cause carnage out wide but he'd need to develop a good offload

Eels Dude

Coach

Disagree. Fui is so damaging smashing it up the middle at the start of every set of six and gives us such incredible go forward. Why would you change that?

Gronk

Staff member
His name is Daniel Penese

00082749_Image.jpg

Daniel Penese
Date of Birth : 1 January, 1989
Position : Second-Row, Lock
Junior Clubs : St Mary's League
Previous Clubs : Penrith Panthers (2008-09)
FG Debut : Penrith Panthers v New Zealand Warriors, Mt Smart Stadium, 31/8//08 (Rd 25)
http://www.dragons.com.au/default.a...nrl&id=3568&player=daniel-penese&team=Dragons

According to the Rugby League Project, he's only played 2 FG games. They were for Penrith in 2008.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/daniel-penese/summary.html

Born January 1, 1989 (age 22) Height 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in) Weight 97 kg (15 st 4 lb)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Penese

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
This is a FoxSports Article about him in Feb 2011

For two new St George Illawarra recruits, Sunday's Charity Shield clash against South Sydney will provide an opportunity for NRL redemption.

Former Manly and Cronulla backrower Adam Cuthbertson has earned much of the attention this off-season due to a change in attitude and fortunes, but there is another young forward who could have just as big an impact.

Penrith junior Daniel Penese, 22, is very much in the mould of another ex-Panthers player, new Canterbury-Bankstown recruit Frank Pritchard, but after playing just twice in two years under Matt Elliott, the youngster sought a change of scenery.

And he won't get a better opportunity to impress master coach Wayne Bennett than in the Charity Shield, which Penese has always kept an eye on as the traditional precursor to the NRL season.

Is Adam Cuthbertson worth a gamble for your Fantasy NRL team? Sign up now!

"I'm looking forward to playing some footy and especially the Charity Shield," Penese said ahead of Sunday night's clash with South Sydney.

"I've seen a lot of the clashes growing up so hopefully I will experience some first-hand.

"The boys here have been extraordinary and have welcomed me into the group with open arms. "I see it as an honour to put on the Red V as it's been around for quite a while and has a lot of history - hopefully I can become a part of that."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...nst-south-sydney/story-e6frf3ou-1226004965688

THE Dragons have began covering for their impending losses in the back-row, agreeing to terms with young Panther Daniel Penese this week.
St George Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett hopes Penese can step up to replace Neville Costigan, Jeremy Smith and Ricky Thorby.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rls-looniest-fan/story-e6frexnr-1225910099819

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
He is a fringe first grader. Got a couple of games for Penrith simply they had a massive injury toll at the time. The Dragons signed him for depth, he's not part of their top 25 and if we have signed him it'd be the same here.

Gronk

Staff member
It would have been a bum season for him as STG don't have a feeder team in NSW I think. He must be playing for Group 7 or something.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is a fringe first grader. Got a couple of games for Penrith simply they had a massive injury toll at the time. The Dragons signed him for depth, he's not part of their top 25 and if we have signed him it'd be the same here.

Bullshit.

11. SBW
12. Penese
13. Gallen

Don't you ever say a new signing won't walk straight into our first grade side. boxy's an impressionable young man.

spiderdan

Bench
Read into it whatever you will but junior sau is training in canberra at southern cross gym right now. Interesting.

Note- him unless it's a doppleganger.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well he's a canberra junior so he's probably there to see some family, he just re-signed with Newcastle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts