What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Mmmm. Yesterday Souths up'd there offer (allegedly) due to Ross not taking up an option and therefore providing some room for them to increase Sandow's offer. Maybe given the press around Reddy, we have countered in a similar way? I can't imagine it would be 500K though - maybe 400K?
Whatever the case this is becoming an auction (if the reports are in any way true).

Burgess out for the season - cap compensation will increase Souths offer. What next from the Rabbits?

Suitman

Post Whore
Reported somewhere on here this morning that the Terrorgraph said Sandow had rejected our $2 million dollar offer. :roll:
It appears that at $500 k's a year, we must have reduced the offer.

Suity

caylo

Bench
Burgess out for the season - cap compensation will increase Souths offer. What next from the Rabbits?

you only get compensation if the player does not play at all that season (like gets injured in a trial). As soon as the player sets foot over the white line his contract is counted in the cap, Burgess has played this year so no concession just like we didn't get any for Shakeltons 17secs of footy.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
you only get compensation if the player does not play at all that season (like gets injured in a trial). As soon as the player sets foot over the white line his contract is counted in the cap, Burgess has played this year so no concession just like we didn't get any for Shakeltons 17secs of footy.

Are you 110% on this?

Delboy

First Grade
In all seriousness, you have to get the first one done. then you can work on the others, not sure of we will get him, but it's all about getting some traction.

Player Managers are followers too

Bigfella

Coach
Reported somewhere on here this morning that the Terrorgraph said Sandow had rejected our $2 million dollar offer. :roll:
It appears that at $500 k's a year, we must have reduced the offer.

Suity

I think ben Ross was paying souths to let him play.

When they punted him they had less for sandow so we dropped our offer too.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Wonder if someone is filming Rusty during this negotiating process?
Will be epic - an academy award in the offering I'd say!
Doco Reality television at its best.
Put the Osbournes to shame.

images

caylo

Bench
Are you 110% on this?

not 110% and not 100% but from recent memory that is how it works unless something has changed or i am just out right mistaken. They had arguments about it when J.Mannah got cancer at cronulla and they were told if they want to free the money then sack him.

born an eel

Bench
not 110% and not 100% but from recent memory that is how it works unless something has changed or i am just out right mistaken. They had arguments about it when J.Mannah got cancer at cronulla and they were told if they want to free the money then sack him.
we got compensation for Feleti missing in 2009, the old rules then were if they missed 13 games you get a reduction on the affect on the cap (i think 50% but not sure)

if we are offering Sandow that much I hope it is only 2 years with a third in our favour, otherwise we will be in trouble if he turns into another bob Lindner.

if you build it they will come.
We get an quality halfback and more quality players will sign. Needed to get halfback locked up first.

caylo

Bench

84 Baby

Referee
Who says the 500k offer is all cap money anyway? I've warmed to the idea of taking the punt

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Went into the dreamtime last-night and spoke with Sandow. Wondered if it worked. Kept sending indigenous images of tribal Parramatta with scenes of Parramatta River, Sandow with spear in hand spearing all other NRL clubs as they attempted to swim downstream. In the background was the NRL tribal trophy in the middle of a fire with Sandows clan sitting around the fire. They each held a long stick cooking an impaled NRL team over the fire, singing the song of life ($$$$)

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
A future spine of Ant Mitchell, Sandow and Hayne is a very satisfying base to build our club around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts