What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrT

Juniors
True but he is twice as good a Morts and Robo and these are dark days for the blue and gold. No point having cash in the bank if you can't spend it anyway....

Exactly, if we don't get Sandow, who will we get for next year or even the year after?

natheel

Coach
Apparently by reports on twitter we have upped out offer not over yet...god it would be good to rub it in marios face!!

spartan2153

Juniors
jimmyhooper James Hooper

Hearing Eels have upped Chris Sandow's offer to $500K a season ... Decision on Bunnies or blue and golds this arvo

from twitter, james is a writer for the Telecrap.

If that is true then kearney & arthurs need to be shot. While sandow is a good player he is not in the league of the top 5 halfs who earn close to that.

Plus he is not the type of player who will attract other players to the club. LOL seriously our clubs deserves whatever they get after the way we sacked ando & how unprofessional osbourne has been since he came on board.

$500 k for sandow & a reported 275 for mortimer. Oh god wallace & locky woiuldnt be on that combined lol. Kearney i think has forgotten that salary cap counts for everyclub except melbourne

natheel

Coach
Well I didn't see pm updated already sorry bit behind the punch sitting here in hospital haha

Cocidius

Juniors
Apparently by reports on twitter we have upped out offer not over yet...god it would be good to rub it in marios face!!

IMO to parra he is worth max 450k. Is he worth that on the open market? No; but we need him!

I got a feeling our last offer would of been around 300k and with Ross not signing on, souths inreased their offer to something near that; close enough to sway sandow's decision.
Manager has come back and we have gone back with an imporved offer...as an analyst, i would say 350k plus 3rd parties...making it max 400k!

But then again i have NFI hhahaha

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
images

images

images

oldmancraigy

Coach
IMO to parra he is worth max 450k. Is he worth that on the open market? No; but we need him!

I got a feeling our last offer would of been around 300k and with Ross not signing on, souths inreased their offer to something near that; close enough to sway sandow's decision.
Manager has come back and we have gone back with an imporved offer...as an analyst, i would say 350k plus 3rd parties...making it max 400k!

You're spot on here.

We need him.

The next best option for halfback next year is playing park football. If we don't make a move on Sandow, then we're in for another drab year next year simply because we won't have a halfback worth a crap.

Anyone who thinks Hagan didn't screw the club by getting rid of all the young halfbacks we had is kidding themselves. Without an on-field "driver" a team will just flat out score no points these days.

Robson's incompetence has been somewhat concealed by Hayne's brilliance the last few years - but imagine having a real halfback (even one who is simply 'good enough'). It'd be awesome.

eel01s

Bench
surely $500k cannot be true

We didn't want to pay that for Blair, and he is a better player than Sandow.

natheel

Coach

Love ur analysis there all to concede u got no clue.

None of us do mate only the player does and it's all on sandow atm I hope he comes we need him tbh

I voted no but these are desperate times....

He and hayne can become a great partnership

Gronk

Staff member
As long as he doesn't go off the rails, maybe he is a $500k signing and maybe in 18 months he'll be as good as Cronk and the rest of the top 7's (not Thurston).

LOL at Rusty having to punt another player to fit Sandow in due to our offer. I hear that he's getting Tonya Harding to fly over with her baseball bat. Roy Asotasi might want to be ready for a visit.

Cocidius

Juniors
Love ur analysis there all to concede u got no clue.

None of us do mate only the player does and it's all on sandow atm I hope he comes we need him tbh

I voted no but these are desperate times....

He and hayne can become a great partnership

Yeah, like i said thats what i believe happened but without the facts i have NFI!

But as far as paper or journos writing contract amounts....i usually take about 50-100k off the mark and thats what i believe the go is...

Gronk

Staff member
Relax, Jerry on twitter says it's a done deal.

jerryatrick1 Jerry

My mail from a source close to Sandow, is that he has decided to join Parramatta. Announcement this arvo. Offer was too good to knock back.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'd never pay $500k for Sandow, max $400k, ideally $350k.
He starts getting $500k when he helped to win us the premiership.

caylo

Bench
Well Sandow is not worth 500K, is he worth 500K to parramatta? that is arguable but we do need a halfback.

Kearney has identified a player he want and they are going hard, we can not question our management if they are being proactive about recruitment even if we don't agree.

In the scheme of things if we sign Sandow on 300K compared to 500K we are loosing a 250K player. That could mean signing a couple of untested jnr (like L.Kelly) instead of a Widdop or it could mean dropping out of the race for big name (like Blair) and going for a mid range player (Dwyer) - on a side note the names I am using are only examples.

At the moment our pack (esp front row) is very good, we have great depth there. Our backrow is full of inexperience apart from hindy and most players could go either way (Lasalo, Horo and Benny). Our backs are thin, esp if we loose reddy but we do have some exciting juniors who could do well after some experience.

No one knows exactly how much $$ we have left, it was suggested this year we had over 1-1.5million in our cap. With the expected loss of Reddy plus a host of other players (Walker, Hicks etc) then we may have 2mil and if Kearney can build a good squad around Sandow and Hayne with the money then its worth it. If we are going to have a backline of 32 year old farts who can't tackle and need a wheel chair to get the ball over the line then no thanks.

Tony Bongo

Bench
It's not about what he's worth it's all about supply and demand. There's not much of a supply in the market for halves but there is a hell of a lot of demand from Parra fans for one.

peddles

Juniors
Mmmm. Yesterday Souths up'd there offer (allegedly) due to Ross not taking up an option and therefore providing some room for them to increase Sandow's offer. Maybe given the press around Reddy, we have countered in a similar way? I can't imagine it would be 500K though - maybe 400K?
Whatever the case this is becoming an auction (if the reports are in any way true).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts