What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I reckon our top 25 for next year might be already sorted for next year.

We've currently got contracted for next year Atkins, Burt, Hayne, Hindy, Horo, Keating, Lasalo, Mannah, Fui, Morts, Poore, Shacks, Smith, Etu, and Webb, Maitua. Add to that the recruiting of Esi Tonga, Sandow, Roberts, Tautai, Paulo and possibly Willie Tonga. Then you've got Allgood, Loko, Morgan and O'Hanlon who are not in our top 25 this year but will be next year.

That's 26 players just there.
RLW said that Etu has been told there won't be room for him and that he has had nibbles from other clubs.

Just think - next year we are going to have a pretty damn good team. A better kicking game, and a few tight wins, we are top 8.

Then, when we have freed up the Poore / Mortimer money, we will have a bucketload more to spend.

I hate to say this to the haters / complainers etc etc, but 2013 will be even better than 2012. It's a process.

Even Gus (before he was working for Penrith) said we are two offseasons from being proper contenders.

:-k

Eels Dude

Coach
Excessive but he will be worth that eventually, especially considering he can play centre pretty effectively. Again, not worth it now but definitely worth it in the future.
And what else can we really improve in our squad aside from a quality second rower or hooker? FFS Sandow is on 400K and he is still inconsistent, Yow Yeh on 300K would not be a terrible investment, he would be worth his weight in gold and our back-line would be the best in the NRL bar-none.

He won't be worth it. He could very well command it and there will probably be one club stupid enough to pay that cash and hopefully it's not ours. Look at the Wests Tigers. They forked big bucks out for a winger in Lote Tuquri and now they're having to offload players left right and centre to stay under the salary cap. As great a winger is Lote Tuquri is, he's not worth losing 3 or 4 other players for.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon our top 25 for next year might be already sorted for next year.

We've currently got contracted for next year Atkins, Burt, Hayne, Hindy, Horo, Keating, Lasalo, Mannah, Fui, Morts, Poore, Shacks, Smith, Etu, and Webb, Maitua. Add to that the recruiting of Esi Tonga, Sandow, Roberts, Tautai, Paulo and possibly Willie Tonga. Then you've got Allgood, Loko, Morgan and O'Hanlon who are not in our top 25 this year but will be next year.

That's 26 players just there.

good bye Atkins - great with the high ball, just don't know why a player of his size is such a soft runner of the ball.

Eels Dude

Coach
good bye Atkins - great with the high ball, just don't know why a player of his size is such a soft runner of the ball.

Atkins is a fringe first grader. The only reason he's playing first grade this year is we don't have better options. He's worth keeping for depth. Every club uses 25-30 players in first grade each year because injuries occur. But you're right he wouldn't make too many club's first 17.

MrT

Juniors
Atkins is on minimum wage. So he does a job for what he's on. Looking forward to seeing Jacob Gagan make grade in the near future. He's a strong runner of the ball

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
On the plus side Stagger's leaving means that we now have off topic threads which make sense to everyone. As opposed to Casper's conspiracy rambling posts and people talking in Star Wars language. Now we have an off topic discussion everyone can understand which is a major boost for this thread.

If you want a long-term happy marriage, put some serious spice in your life. My wife laughs heaps each day and yes, each month the occasional ggrrrrrr and tears comes as well. I drive her batty but she will tell you that having some spontaneous innocent madness in our daily lives helps greatly in dealing with the same grinding mundane routines day after day, particularly when raising children.

It is unfortunate that the powers that be have got at your brain before I did Eels Dude. The concrete has been set hard. :D

I respect your views Eels Dude and I read all your posts as I come across them but gees, you come across as someone too serious, someone who needs variety and spice in your life, someone who needs to loosen up... occasionally will do. This is just my opinion and I could be right off the mark. I do look forward to meeting you one day and having a bite to eat together. Maybe there is more to you than the impression you give me over the net.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
When I first heard the news that Stagger won't be around anymore I was shocked/dismayed/saddened.

But I find myself now finally coming to terms with it. Life goes on.

I hope everyone else is managing.

Gronk

Staff member
Well I'm worried. What if this is not a self imposed exile ? What if there has been a home invasion and he's been tied up on the living room floor ?

5071755_Cowboy-bound-Hogtied-Cowboy--jpg

boxhead

First Grade
I remember that Staggs said we had made an offer to Tony Williams or were at least looking at him for next year? Maybe we are offloading Morts to free up enough cash for T-Rex? I still don't think Willie would have gotten a release unless he knew where he was going.

Gronk

Staff member
Love Bear Grills. My fav episode was when he was on a deserted island near equador. With no fresh water, he found a pool of rain water rancid with bird droppings. With that, he fashioned a makeshift enema bag a poured the manky bird dropping water into his arse to hydrate himself. I hope you're reading this Stagger. Just in case your wandering alone in the desert.

jk13

First Grade
i tend to agree with the tied up in the basement scenario, similar to the pulp fiction scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts