What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
FoxSports News have said Willie Tonga has signed with us.....apparently. Will update when I see the next show.

strider

Post Whore
boxy don't u understand by now that this is how hte media works - one media mob say one thing and all the others latch on a report it .... none of them know any more than the other they all just "report" the same thing

boxhead

First Grade
strider, Ozzy revealed to Sterlo we have sgned a quality outside back. Media speculation has flared up about Willie Tonga, and add to that that Staggs has said it is Willie Tonga.
Put two and two together...... :D
If that's our recruitment finished for 2012 - regarding the first-17 at least - then I am very happy.

strider

Post Whore
strider, Ozzy revealed to Sterlo we have sgned a quality outside back. Media speculation has flared up about Willie Tonga, and add to that that Staggs has said it is Willie Tonga.
Put two and two together...... :D
If that's our recruitment finished for 2012 - regarding the first-17 at least - then I am very happy.
i never said its not true - all i'm saying is that foxsports know nothing more than anyone else - they all just feed off eachother - so don't hang out for any sort of confirmation from foxtsports cos they are just reporting what everyone else is saying

CrazyEel

Bench
Tonga to join brother at Parramatta as Kearney bolsters back line

PARRAMATTA are set to announce the signing of Test centre Willie Tonga. The rumour mill was in overdrive at Parramatta Stadium last night after Channel Nine commentator Peter Sterling revealed the Eels were on the verge of a star acquisition following a conversation with Eels chief executive Paul Osborne.
''I spoke to Paul Osborne before kick-off … and he said he's signed an outside back today - and that it's a very good one,'' Sterling said during the broadcast.
''I said 'when will we know' and [he said] in a few weeks. But he told me before the game they had signed a quality centre.''
Advertisement: Story continues below
The Herald has learnt that North Queensland three-quarter Tonga is the player they were chasing.
Tonga's younger brother, Gold Coast centre Esikeli, has already committed to the blue and golds for the 2012 season.
The Eels made inquiries about Tonga at the end of last season following unconfirmed rumours he had fallen out with Cowboys coach Neil Henry. While he opted to stay put for this year, it's understood the Eels have finally got their man.
Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney is attempting to bolster key positions for next season and has already secured the services of South Sydney halfback Chris Sandow long term.
The news is a boost to the club, particularly given the lack of depth in the outside-back stocks following the loss of Timana Tahu and Eric Grothe before the season began.

Stagger eel

Staff member
whilst most of us are pretty hyped about the news we also need to take into consideration that Willie is still the preoperty of cowboys until his release becomes official so for the person who said that we're in the Barrett phase, he is absolutely right..few of us have known this for quite some time and was wondering when the hell it was ever going to come out but has Ossie gone off a little prematurely?????

by the way, we may not be done yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.