What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Stagger is there any reason why we didn't resign Reddy? is he asking to much? not the style of player Kearney wants to build a side around? or Reddy just wanted to leave?

Tony Bongo

Bench
Stagger is there any reason why we didn't resign Reddy? is he asking to much? not the style of player Kearney wants to build a side around? or Reddy just wanted to leave?

There is no way that Reddy simply wanted to leave. I would say he didn't get an offer equal to his worth since we are bringing in centres from elsewhere and already have the likes of Morgan, Loko and O'Hanlon who are much younger and showing promise.
I personally would have loved to have seen him stay but not to watch him playing for Wenty.
I hope Willie Tonga can get over being as injury prone as he has been of late or we may have just let go of one of our most loyal players for nothing.
They have both had a bad run of late so it will be interesting to see which one bounces back next year.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There is no way that Reddy simply wanted to leave. I would say he didn't get an offer equal to his worth since we are bringing in centres from elsewhere and already have the likes of Morgan, Loko and O'Hanlon who are much younger and showing promise.
I personally would have loved to have seen him stay but not to watch him playing for Wenty.
I hope Willie Tonga can get over being as injury prone as he has been of late or we have just let go of one of our most loyal players for nothing.

Yeah I would have liked to keep him, and think he would have still been in the top 17 in front of Loco who is only young plus has that terrible injury. I think he would really suit our style of attack on the wing with a backline like this;

Burt
Tonga
Tonga
Reddy

I can see why Kearney may not want him as a centre but surely on the wing he would be vaulable for the eels.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
1st Game 2012 Squad

1.Luke Burt
2. Esi Tonga
3. Willie Tonga
4. Jacob Loko (when back to his best) - Ben Roberts (will be a better center or Fullback than a 6) - Ryan Morgan with another 5-kilos on his frame
5. Ryan Morgan or Ken Sio (or blooding another junior) see ****
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Reni Matuia
14. Pat O'Hanlon
15. Justin Poore
16. Justin Horo
17. Carl Webb - If he stays injury free and gets a good off season will be our interchange with Fui Fui.

Daniel Mortimer
Casey McGuire
Mitchell Allgood
Taniela Lasalo
Shane Shackleton
Rory Brien
Ben Roberts - a utility in the making - useless as a reliable long-term 6
Ken Sio
Vai Toutai **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Daniel Tupou **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Chris Ulugia **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Jordan Atkins
Etu Uaisele

Pazza

First Grade
1st Game 2012 Squad

1.Luke Burt
2. Esi Tonga
3. Willie Tonga
4. Jacob Loko (when back to his best) - Ben Roberts (will be a better center or Fullback than a 6) - Ryan Morgan with another 5-kilos on his frame
5. Ryan Morgan or Ken Sio (or blooding another junior) see ****
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Reni Matuia
14. Pat O'Hanlon
15. Justin Poore
16. Justin Horo
17. Carl Webb - If he stays injury free and gets a good off season will be our interchange with Fui Fui.

Daniel Mortimer
Casey McGuire
Mitchell Allgood
Taniela Lasalo
Shane Shackleton
Rory Brien
Ben Roberts - a utility in the making - useless as a reliable long-term 6
Ken Sio
Vai Toutai **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Daniel Tupou **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Chris Ulugia **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Jordan Atkins
Etu Uaisele

Any chance of Jacob Gagan going close to FG next season!

boxhead

First Grade
That article with the Cowboys publicly giving him the option to look elsewhere is all but confirmation of the deal in my eyes.
A re-cap of events;
FRIDAY - Sterlo announces on live television that Paul Osbourne told him the Eels have signed a quality centre.
SATURDAY - the rumour pops up all over the sports media, as well as insiders here such as Staggs and others revealing it, that Willie Tonga is the player.
SUNDAY - the Cowboys publicly express that Willie Tonga has been given leeway to seek out options for next year, citing personal issues (he hasn't settled in at Townsville).

To me it also means that Ossie's outburst has merely made the Cowboys go public about Tonga potentially leaving, although I would imagine all three parties; the Eels, the Cowboys, and Tonga's management, would have still kept it under tabs until it was fully worked out.

Also, has anyone noticed the subtle similarity here; Ossie said to Sterlo that the signing would be announced in a couple of weeks (presumably 2), whereas the Cowboys have given Tonga two weeks to sort his future out? Coincidence?

Hopefully it means the parties can work out the transfer agreement.
This is all just speculation on my part and should in no way be taken as fact. But to me the signs point to the fact that the deal is done and hopefully it will indeed pull through.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hopefully it means the parties can work out the transfer agreement.
This is all just speculation on my part and should in no way be taken as fact. But to me the signs point to the fact that the deal is done and hopefully it will indeed pull through.

On the plus side it also means the club can officially negotiate with him, without this going behind the Cowboy club's back kind of stuff, avoiding a situation the Dragons and Tigers got into over Tim Moltzen.

Status
Not open for further replies.