What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Yeh but why is it ok to leak to a core group anyways. It shouldnt leave the club until the deal is done. I understand its completely different to telling a commentator but all it takes sometimes is telling one person and you have a media frenzy in a few days

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeh but why is it ok to leak to a core group anyways. It shouldnt leave the club until the deal is done. I understand its completely different to telling a commentator but all it takes sometimes is telling one person and you have a media frenzy in a few days

well I never said it was ok to leak to a core group, but people close to the club, also friends,family members or aquaintences who may here whispers about signings and whatnot but I can assure you for as long as i remember, it's been the most difficult year to get any tidbit or info and many things you do hear end up being false alarms anyway..I can probably ramble a futher half a dozen names that have been linked to the club incorrectly..

strider

Post Whore
Personally, think Sterlo acted in a relatively poor way. For a person supposedly loyal to the club, think it was an unnecessary remark. I can imagine people would expect Sterlo to be discreet, he is in the media, but I expected better.

You can imagine Sterlo bumps into Ossie , " we really need a centre", Response " have that covered, got a rep one for next year"

Should expect better from someone that is a legend oif the club, but loyalty to his employer took over, poor form in my eyes
yeah i agree - sterlo should have been a bit more sensitive to the situation

but i guess the point is this highlights exactly how all the leaks happen at our club - officials who have buddies in the media or know people in the media .... we all know a certain journo who seemed to be privy to all the goings on - yes you joshy! :nwave:

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
heaps hey????..I don't know if heaps knew about it but I do know that a core group knew about it around 3 weeks ago and there was never a post in here or the other site who took 3 months to try and guess the player in question..as soon as it hit the airwaves I must of got or text messages asking me who it was?? :lol:

Maybe not heaps. But you knew, and Planet knew. And you know how quick rumours can spread.

Anyway next time you hear something you know you can trust me. Just a quick pm will suffice thanks mate.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Maybe not heaps. But you knew, and Planet knew. And you know how quick rumours can spread.

Anyway next time you hear something you know you can trust me. Just a quick pm will suffice thanks mate.

well I knew, planet knew, delboy, jodeci and a maybe a couple of others, but it certainly didn't progress from there...honestly, the media got wind of it the moment Sterlo said something or else we would still be here asking each other whether or not there's going to b any more signings or not, seriously if it was difficult to get any info before last night it sure as hell will be this time after Osborne get's his arse reamed by SK or Spaggs :lol:..

I do know another thing and that is Ossie is ultra pissed at the situation and so he should be.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah i agree - sterlo should have been a bit more sensitive to the situation

but i guess the point is this highlights exactly how all the leaks happen at our club - officials who have buddies in the media or know people in the media .... we all know a certain journo who seemed to be privy to all the goings on - yes you joshy! :nwave:

well Josh appeared to have known jack before last night..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So if the Tonga rumour is true, is that the end of signings for the eels ? or is there possibility of a least one more top 17 player?

I don't think Josh even knew who the player was til the Mole from RLW got a tip off that it was Tonga. Then Josh tried to make out he knew all a long.

does anybody blame sterlo in this? i mean Ozzie may have told him as a ex-player at the club and then Sterlo who is in the media just blurted it out.

Gordy

Juniors
does anybody blame sterlo in this? i mean Ozzie may have told him as a ex-player at the club and then Sterlo who is in the media just blurted it out.

Depends on the circumstances I guess p-m. If Ozzie has said to Sterlo don't tell anyone mate but we have signed such-and-such and he blabbed yes. But if Ozzie has blurted it out as a done deal with no restrictions on who he can tell he should be void of any blame.

Eels Dude

Coach

I think it's moreso Kearney seemed surprised in the press conference when he was asked about it, and then seemed more surprised that the information had come from Osborne himself.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Everyone whinging about the Tautai signing should be watching tonight, he just scored a good try and has made ground with every hit up. If we picked him up cheap a good pick up IMO.

boxhead

First Grade
For those saying Tautai is a bad signing, watch tonight's Sharks game. He will definitely push for a spot next year in the forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts