What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Eels chief executive Paul Osborne yesterday maintained no deal had been done and refused to comment on the mounting speculation.

"I've got no comment to make about any of it," Osborne said.

Eels coach Stephen Kearney has also denied Tonga will join the club next year.

The Queensland centre, who played 60 minutes in Origin I with a dislocated shoulder, is set to face the Knights in Newcastle tomorrow night.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226091348770

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Eels chief executive Paul Osborne yesterday maintained no deal had been done and refused to comment on the mounting speculation.

"I've got no comment to make about any of it," Osborne said.

Eels coach Stephen Kearney has also denied Tonga will join the club next year.

The Queensland centre, who played 60 minutes in Origin I with a dislocated shoulder, is set to face the Knights in Newcastle tomorrow night.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226091348770
That line is a bt misleading. If you hear kearneys comments he doesnt deny tonga will join the club. He denies a deal had been done.

Jason70

Juniors
If there's any money left in the cap, the purchase of a good hooker would top the signings off nicely. 1.Burt 6.Hayne7.Sandow14.Roberts, along with a good nine would mean a potentially top 4 side, i stress the word potentially. We could do worse than resign Casey for another year btw.

Eels Dude

Coach
That line is a bt misleading. If you hear kearneys comments he doesnt deny tonga will join the club. He denies a deal had been done.

Also At the press conference it hadn't even been revealed the player in question was Tonga so how can he have denied Tonga will join the club.

CrazyEel

Bench
Well, as we are now back to discussing rumours, I just heard not only Tonga but part of the Ant Mitchell deal with the roosters was us getting Kane Linnett.

Eels Dude

Coach
If there's any money left in the cap, the purchase of a good hooker would top the signings off nicely. 1.Burt 6.Hayne7.Sandow14.Roberts, along with a good nine would mean a potentially top 4 side, i stress the word potentially. We could do worse than resign Casey for another year btw.

SK already re-signed Matt Keating earlier this year so I think he sees him as first choice number 9. We could do with a backup now Mitchell is left and Casey's future is uncertain. You really need 3 players in your top squad who can play hooker.

Forty20

First Grade
Well, as we are now back to discussing rumours, I just heard not only Tonga but part of the Ant Mitchell deal with the roosters was us getting Kane Linnett.

Interesting Crazy, as I'm fairly certain someone in the Sharkies sub-forum has claimed that Linnett is on his way to the Shire.

Wouldn't mind him at Parra though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd love to have Linnet if possible!

another name that's been mentioned to me on more than 1 occasion is Tim Lafai, however I'm lead to believe that he's still under lock and key with the dogs, can't see that happening.

CrazyEel

Bench
I too would like Linnett but the problem I have with the story I was told is how on earth it could possibly be tied to Ant Mitchell deal. Linnett is off contract this year anyway so the goosters would have no influence in where he goes. Oh, well, it is just a rumour.

Eels Dude

Coach
I too would like Linnett but the problem I have with the story I was told is how on earth it could possibly be tied to Ant Mitchell deal. Linnett is off contract this year anyway so the goosters would have no influence in where he goes. Oh, well, it is just a rumour.

Yeah if there was a deal it would have been a straight mid season swap.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd love to have Linnet if possible!

another name that's been mentioned to me on more than 1 occasion is Tim Lafai, however I'm lead to believe that he's still under lock and key with the dogs, can't see that happening.
You'd think the Dogs would have locked him up tight after they lost Jugs.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Any chance of Jacob Gagan going close to FG next season!

He is another impressive player on the rise.
He is probably 2 to three years away from NRL.
Ideally, we need a 190+cm 98kg to 102kg winger with speed.

Jacob Gagan
Date of Birth : 25 March, 1993
Height : 185 cm
Weight : 93 kg
Position : Fullback / Wing
Rep. Honours : NSW Under-18s 2010, Australian Schoolboys 2010
Junior Clubs : Cabramatta
00086418_Image.jpg

dazeely

First Grade
1st Game 2012 Squad

1.Luke Burt
2. Esi Tonga
3. Willie Tonga
4. Jacob Loko (when back to his best) - Ben Roberts (will be a better center or Fullback than a 6) - Ryan Morgan with another 5-kilos on his frame
5. Ryan Morgan or Ken Sio (or blooding another junior) see ****
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Reni Matuia
14. Pat O'Hanlon
15. Justin Poore
16. Justin Horo
17. Carl Webb - If he stays injury free and gets a good off season will be our interchange with Fui Fui.

Daniel Mortimer
Casey McGuire
Mitchell Allgood
Taniela Lasalo
Shane Shackleton
Rory Brien
Ben Roberts - a utility in the making - useless as a reliable long-term 6
Ken Sio
Vai Toutai **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Daniel Tupou **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Chris Ulugia **** Black Horse Bolter for a wing spot
Jordan Atkins
Etu Uaisele

Is this a gee up. How can you have named Webb over allgood or the shack. Webb's done and dusted.

Sorry but can't believe it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Is this a gee up. How can you have named Webb over allgood or the shack. Webb's done and dusted.

Sorry but can't believe it.

From another post: Agree about Allgood, if he puts on another 5 kilos this will help. Still think we need a match fit Charlie Webb to provide offloads in traffic to give Sandow & Hayne a variety of attacking options with jagged defensive lines in front of them. We don't have many forwards who can offload in traffic. They can't be all bash and barge and nothing else. We need a bit of flair which Fui and Webb will bring to our pack. We know Hindy can offload as well but he rarely does it these days, whether because of the strict game plan or defense is finding it easier to contain him. We need someone to replace off-loaders like Cayless and ideally someone else to replace Mateo which Reni could provide to a lesser and more safer/reliable level. With two brilliant and destructive attackers in Sandow & Hayne we always need at least two offloading forwards on the field who can bend the line, who draw in two, three or four defenders and still create an offload. To win next years GF, our attacking options need to improve dramatically on what has been dished up so far this year and yes play safe inside our 40 and start flexing our arms when we get past that marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.