What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior was coming along well in 2007 / 2008 but then had a few injury setbacks. He has the size and the skill maybe it's his attitude.

Gronk

Staff member
Why would Lafai go from the Dogs where after losing Idris, he'd be a shoe in for a NRL gig. To a club that would have Tonga x 2, Loko and himself battling for a start ?

unclekane

Juniors
Pretty sure it is Joseph and not Junior that we have signed.
As for Lafai i don't think he is coming to us.
I think we have signed or are close to signing a forward and from what i have been told on other sites it is a realy good 1st grade siging.

hybrideel

Bench
Why would Lafai go from the Dogs where after losing Idris, he'd be a shoe in for a NRL gig. To a club that would have Tonga x 2, Loko and himself battling for a start ?

Add the rumour about Kane Linnett and that is a lot of competition for centre spots

Bigfella

Coach
I'm pretty sure that when junior paolo was being named in panther junior rep teams there was a thread on here asking if it was the same guy who used to play for us and someone posted that it was another player, same name?

Agee with Jake re shacks. He hasn't been going great andbos one of our highest paid forwards. But he was strong on fri.

The more outside backs the merrier. We are so light on there it's not funny.

boxhead

First Grade
Pretty sure it is Joseph and not Junior that we have signed.
As for Lafai i don't think he is coming to us.
I think we have signed or are close to signing a forward and from what i have been told on other sites it is a realy good 1st grade siging.

We have signed Joseph, but this is a rumour saying we will sign his brother mate, and that we will also sign Lafai.

My reasoning with Lafai if we signed him would be that we offered him good money and a spot in the top-grade......perhaps he is being brought in as cover for Loko as well?
He will get more of an opportunity if Burt is at fullback;

1. Burt
2. Loko
3. Lafai
4. W. Tonga
5. E. Tonga

If we manage to pull off signing Lafai, we are going to go from having terrible outside back depth to having perhaps the best in the competition.

Parra Pride

Referee
We have signed Joseph, but this is a rumour saying we will sign his brother mate, and that we will also sign Lafai.

My reasoning with Lafai if we signed him would be that we offered him good money and a spot in the top-grade......perhaps he is being brought in as cover for Loko as well?
He will get more of an opportunity if Burt is at fullback;

1. Burt
2. Loko
3. Lafai
4. W. Tonga
5. E. Tonga

Weren't you the one who kept on complaining about people suggesting Loko get moved onto the wing?

boxhead

First Grade
Weren't you the one who kept on complaining about people suggesting Loko get moved onto the wing?

No, I wasn't complaining about Loko moving to the wing at all. I however did question how well he would adapt there, as I honestly have no idea how he performs in the wing position.

If we get Lafai, Loko would definitely move on the wing (or Lafai would), which would mean he'd be amongst the biggest in the NRL. It's a healthy situation to be in though, at east providing we sign W.Tonga and Lafai.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

I think the plan is to have fast powerful excellent lateral moving backrowers who can play center or visa versa

boxhead

First Grade
I think the plan is to have fast powerful excellent lateral moving backrowers who can play center or visa versa

From what I can gather, Esi and Willie will be our left wing and left centre, respectively. That means either Loko has to develop his right-side running game (amongst other things) or he can be used as an impact second-rower, much like Tony Williams (that is if we sign Willie). If we sign Tim Lafai - which would be a massive signing - he would definitely play right centre, with either Loko or one of our other wingers (Atkins, Toutai, Sio, Morgan, etc) playing at right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts