What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Earlier in the year many people commented that our roster was shit and our players were not up to. They wouldn't get a run in any other side etc.

Now the feeling seems to be that we should resign them. Maybe they aren't that bad afterall.

strider

Post Whore
Earlier in the year many people commented that our roster was shit and our players were not up to. They wouldn't get a run in any other side etc.

Now the feeling seems to be that we should resign them. Maybe they aren't that bad afterall.
its ok - we'll lose next weekend and they'll all need to be released again

Bigfella

Coach
Yes the flood of threads to resign robson Mortimer walker hicks uisele and those guys is overwhelming.

Or was it actually just one bloke suggesting he would like to keep lassalo and a few others questioning his development?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

The young ones should be re-signed because they can all still improve. The old ones are obviously getting worse every week.

The main reason our team is shit though is because we're rubbish at two of the most important positions - the halves. Nobody wants Robson or Mortimer re-signed.

As for guys like Lasalo, I think he's good for depth right now, but the fact he starts at all shows how weak we are for edge back-rowers.

Anyway, I'm sure Reni's not far away from taking the left side starting spot, which will push Lasalo to the bench. As long as we have so few options in the centres we'll be using a back-rower (probably Horo) there. And if Hayne stays at 6 for the rest of the year (likely unless Burt costs us a game at the back) he'll be able to defend at left centre allowing Horo to defend at 6 (just like last week). Because Horo's not quick enough to defend at centre, though he is fine attacking there.

When Reni is fully fit he's got to be starting. It's a no brainer really. He's got this determined look about that he just wants to make up for lost time and make the most for the rest of his time in the game. That attitude is priceless!!

forward pass

Coach
http://nrl.com.au/tonga-plays-down-eels-link/tabid/10874/newsid/63741/default.aspx
North Queensland centre Willie Tonga has denied he's agreed to sign for Parramatta, but admits it's unlikely he'll be a Cowboy next year.

The Queensland centre returned from a shoulder injury, picked up in the State of Origin opener in May, to play in Monday's 22-12 win over Newcastle.

But failed to emerge for the second half after picking up a corked thigh.

Eels officials refused to acknowledge they had agreed to sign the former Test star last week, despite reports the 27-year-old will return to the club where he began his career in 2012.

Tonga has been given permission to look elsewhere but played down speculation there was an issue between him and the Cowboys coaching staff.

"I have seen the reports and there is no truth to them, I don't know where they have come from," Tonga told AAP.

"I am contracted for next year, but have been told I can look around, I am not saying I definitely won't be in Townsville next year, but I am seeing what's out there, but Parramatta have not spoken to me.

"I will know in the next few weeks what is happening, but it is important that I keep my options open.

"I need to make sure at this stage of my career I get the right deal for me financially and I just need to see who is interested before I make decision on what I will do."

Initial reports claimed Tonga had injured his sternum, but he said he is hopeful of being fit for Saturday's clash with the Wests Tigers in Townsville.

"I just couldn't run, which was disappointing, but the good thing is the shoulder and the biceps are OK, and I should hopefully be right for Saturday," he said.

hmmmm....

So if Tonga is not signed, why did Ozzy tell Sterlo that we had signed a player. Is Ozzy full of crap or just premature or did Sterlo misunderstand what he said?

All quite strange really......:?

Cocidius

Juniors
hmmmm....

So if Tonga is not signed, why did Ozzy tell Sterlo that we had signed a player. Is Ozzy full of crap or just premature or did Sterlo misunderstand what he said?

From the reports that are coming out, i got a feeling there has been a misunderstanding!
What i think will happen is the Bulldogs will sign Tonga, allowing us to sign Lafai (Of course Ozzy is going to call any player signing we do as a great signing).
This is why we are waiting a couple of weeks for it to happen; just waiting for the dogs to formalise things! Could be completely wrong, just got a hunch!

Kornstar

Coach
When Reni is fully fit he's got to be starting. It's a no brainer really. He's got this determined look about that he just wants to make up for lost time and make the most for the rest of his time in the game. That attitude is priceless!!

He has been outstanding! Glad we got him!

eels81236

Bench
hmmmm....

Ozzie has been 100% honest with everything he's done at the joint so far, why would he stop now?

boxhead

First Grade
From the reports that are coming out, i got a feeling there has been a misunderstanding!
What i think will happen is the Bulldogs will sign Tonga, allowing us to sign Lafai (Of course Ozzy is going to call any player signing we do as a great signing).
This is why we are waiting a couple of weeks for it to happen; just waiting for the dogs to formalise things! Could be completely wrong, just got a hunch!

No.........

Status
Not open for further replies.