What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
he led the charge giving it to danny weilder with both barrels at a press interview they showed on NRL 360 last night .... told him he wont answer any of his questions then told him where he could stick it and called him a grub at the end of it - lol

I'll have to record a re-run on Fox.

hindy111

Post Whore
One area we need to fix is " HOOKER "
If peats was to go down next year we would be in the same situation as now.If Kaysa isn't frist grade material we really need a back up.

If we look at our pack we will have Mannah-Lussick-Mossop-Jnr Paulo-Tanginoa-Allgood - Terepo for the front row.And possibly even Alvaro.Do we re-sign Gower?
There are probably 8 guys ready to go.And Gower as much as he does a job isn't exactly a second rower.So why sign him? Unless we can get rid of Allgood I say let him go.

So second row and lock -
Manu Mau,Pauli Pauli,KE, I will say potentially Tepai Maoera and Loko.But its quite thin - Smith-Seph wont be re-signed.IMO we need two second rowers.This is our weakest area.

Id be happy if we sign two quality second rowers and a back up hooker.
Whats everyones thoughts on Norman to play in the centres? If Matterson keeps improving he might be pushing for first grade sooner rather than later and I doubt Norman has cemented his spot..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Watmough is exactly the type of player we need. Our backs are good to win a comp but is our pack let's us down. We have a lot of talent and potentially in our pack but just lack a real pack leader, watmough would be perfect for this round. Much like what Kennedy provided to manly just before they became a genuine premiership contender again.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have Props.

Also Hollywood-The Duke of Penrith wants Tariq-Don't mess with the Duke ( he always wins )

slippy

Juniors
8. McGuire
9. Peats
10. Mannah
11. Watmough
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Edwards
15. Junior Paulo
16. Gower/Terepo
17. Pauli Pauli

Who am I missing in my excitement? I know there's a couple of forum favourites left out

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
8. McGuire
9. Peats
10. Mannah
11. Watmough
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Edwards
15. Junior Paulo
16. Gower/Terepo
17. Pauli Pauli

Who am I missing in my excitement? I know there's a couple of forum favourites left out

Doesn't Watmough play in the middle ? and Paulo is unlikely to play on the edge so I don't think they well start together

slippy

Juniors
Both have aggression and big game experience, something we lack (aggression appears from time to time) Watmough obviously a lot more experience at his age but surprisingly Mcguire is only 24.

Pazza

First Grade
We definately need a hard nose tight forward who can bring some intencity in defence with Peats.

I think our current group of props can do the job given we have a good completion rate and minimise our penalty rate.

Guy like Watmough or T Sims in the 13 would do great things for this pack.

Joely01

Bench
8. McGuire
9. Peats
10. Mannah
11. Watmough
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Edwards
15. Junior Paulo
16. Gower/Terepo
17. Pauli Pauli

I will be very surprised if Seffa is here next year

Craig Johnston

First Grade
8. McGuire
9. Peats
10. Mannah
11. Watmough
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Edwards
15. Junior Paulo
16. Gower/Terepo
17. Pauli Pauli

lussick

replace watmough with tariq sims and jopaulo with lussick (+mossop on the bench) and we would have one of the league's best packs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I will be very surprised if Seffa is here next year

He is the one I'm most interested in seeing where he ends up next year. There are rumours he will re-sign imminently. If true then Arthur's wants him at the club but on considerably less than Paulo believes he is worth.

Otherwise he would have re-signed already.

The fact is he is an integral part of our attack, however he doesn't need to be. It would be good to have another big body in the 13 for our defence, but the more 'props' on the field, the less people you have contributing in attack. There are only so many hit ups that can be made in a set, and realistically they can all be made by only two front rowers. The way we attack (shifting the ball early in the set) we can get away with only one genuine prop.

Every pro has a con.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts