What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would imagine we have shown some interest in McGuire, our current props lack a abit of maturity, with the exception of Mannah, and we need some depth.

spiderdan

Bench
on foxsports last night they were saying twatmough had a torn bicep and opted against surgery. dumb move by him and could lead to worse more permanent injury. hope the club doesn't go after him for sure now.

Joely01

Bench
He is the one I'm most interested in seeing where he ends up next year. There are rumours he will re-sign imminently. If true then Arthur's wants him at the club but on considerably less than Paulo believes he is worth.

Otherwise he would have re-signed already.

The fact is he is an integral part of our attack, however he doesn't need to be. It would be good to have another big body in the 13 for our defence, but the more 'props' on the field, the less people you have contributing in attack. There are only so many hit ups that can be made in a set, and realistically they can all be made by only two front rowers. The way we attack (shifting the ball early in the set) we can get away with only one genuine prop.

Every pro has a con.

I'd rather a more direct Lock, i don't think we need another ball playing player.

Fathead

Bench
Josh Mc Guire is very very close to his father. His father is a very very die hard parra supporter.
When his father was away with the army he had parra games taped for him.
As a consequence Josh grew up in a parra household and as a fan.
All things being equal and considering Corey is now with the eels - the eels are in with a great shot if they want him.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'd rather a more direct Lock, i don't think we need another ball playing player.

Same.

Give me Tariq Sims.

Gower played Seffas role in the shift plays rather well in the 2nd half last week. Plenty of the Dogs forwards do the same. I would rather a bruiser in D than a slightly superior shifter.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Parramatta Eels safeguard their future after re-signing Manu Ma’u, Kenny Edwards and Vai Toutai

David Riccio
The Daily Telegraph
June 05, 2014 2:32PM

ITS not only this year that NRL surprise packets Parramatta are focused on, they’re also preparing for the future with forwards Manu Ma’u, Kenny Edwards and centre Vai Toutai all re-signing with the club until 2017.

In a significant boost ahead of the club’s clash with North Queensland tomorrow night, the trio’s retention comes just 24 hours after boom winger Semi Radrada also extended his future at the club.

The re-signing of the club’s hottest young talent, under Eels coach Brad Arthur, suggests that for the first time in a long time, stability finally exists at the Eels.

“The good thing about it is their best years are ahead of them,’’ Arthur said of all three new re-signings.

“They’re only new to the NRL and they’re realising that they do have potential and an opportunity in life to make something of it.

“It’s about setting up their future and setting up our future as a club and really creating some stability with the staff that we’ve got here and the playing group.

“The pleasing for me is that these boys want to play for this club.’’
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...s-and-vai-toutai/story-fni3ga7r-1226944524182

Pazza

First Grade
Ma'u re signed till 2015, this looks like another extension. He has been hugely impressive.

Gronk

Staff member
Great news on Kenny & The Chairman. Vai is no doubt solid and cheap.

andrew057

First Grade
Fantastic re-signings.

I know its a long way off, but with all these great kids coming through needing to be upgrading contract wise. What are the chances Parra can keep both Hayne and Hoppa at the end of next season? Hayne would command possibly the biggest contract in the NRL.

Chipmunk

Coach
8. McGuire
9. Peats
10. Mannah
11. Watmough
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Edwards
15. Junior Paulo
16. Gower/Terepo
17. Pauli Pauli

Who am I missing in my excitement? I know there's a couple of forum favourites left out

You're taking the P#4s if you think the likes of Terepo and Gower will get a run ahead of Lussick and Mossop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts