What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

verticalsmile

Juniors
Sandow aka MABO can only play when he has no pressure on him....

He is crap and we paid big $$$$$$$$$ for him ....

Crapamatta great buy of 2012.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Does any one know when Brett contract finishes....

Can we swap Sandow AKA Marbo for him.....:sarcasm:

What do you mean about "we".

I didn't think you were a fan with all your crapamatta talk.

Methinks you're a sheep in wolf's clothing merkin.

sheep_in_wolf_clothes-wr.jpg

natheel

Coach
If this news about hop being looked at by raiders is serious then I'd be looking at replacing him with a centre like Simona or a young bloke like Laumape and that way for Hops money we could sign a decent forward too or even a decent back up half

Chipmunk

Coach
If this news about hop being looked at by raiders is serious then I'd be looking at replacing him with a centre like Simona or a young bloke like Laumape and that way for Hops money we could sign a decent forward too or even a decent back up half

I've also heard Pauli Pauli possibly to the Raiders.

On the Beau Scott potential signing, are we any chance of getting him this year? I note the family issue and the release is on compassion grounds.

Bazal

Post Whore
To be honest at this stage I'd let Hoppa go. I do rate him as a centre, and I think he'll be a very good player...but it would free up money to target guys like Simona, Johnston, or whoever else is on the market. Hoppa seems to have hit a lull in his development, these guys are on the up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Pauli is a keeper, he could be a beast in a few years time, the big blokes seem to take longer to mature.

I guess it just depends on whether some one else wants him more.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wouldn't be letting Hoppa go unless he is asking for stupid money. He is a pretty good centre, it's always harder to sign a new player rather then sign an existing one.

Bazal

Post Whore
I also think Simona is a better player than Hoppa, to be perfectly honest. And would likely come cheaper anyway as Hoppa can still claim Origin experience.

Gronk

Staff member
I think Pauli is a keeper, he could be a beast in a few years time, the big blokes seem to take longer to mature.

I guess it just depends on whether some one else wants him more.

PP had a good game for Wenty on Sat.

#beast

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I also think Simona is a better player than Hoppa, to be perfectly honest. And would likely come cheaper anyway as Hoppa can still claim Origin experience.

If Simona is objectively better than Hopoate then he won't be cheaper when they both sign their next contracts.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'll be pretty pissed if we let Pauli Pauli go, from all reports from guys like 40 and OA he had hit the ground running before his injury. He was way to good for the opposition in his first game back from injury. He should have been under lock and key a while ago, maybe he doesn't give up his chair either?????

Bazal

Post Whore
I'll be pretty pissed if we let Pauli Pauli go, from all reports from guys like 40 and OA he had hit the ground running before his injury. He was way to good for the opposition in his first game back from injury. He should have been under lock and key a while ago, maybe he doesn't give up his chair either?????

And if Manly (for eg) offer him 450k a season, should we match it? Why does everyone seem to think keeping a player is black and white?

FTR I think Pauli should be a priority. But I wouldn't endorse paying overs for him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And if Manly (for eg) offer him 450k a season, should we match it? Why does everyone seem to think keeping a player is black and white?

FTR I think Pauli should be a priority. But I wouldn't endorse paying overs for him.
You'd hope he is a priority, but considering he still hasn't been locked up yet while others have it does make you wonder. We wouldn't have to pay overs to keep him if we had extended him earlier with a top up after playing nearly 20 games at just 19 last year.

hindy111

Post Whore
You'd hope he is a priority, but considering he still hasn't been locked up yet while others have it does make you wonder. We wouldn't have to pay overs to keep him if we had extended him earlier with a top up after playing nearly 20 games at just 19 last year.

This is exactly what i have been barking on about. If BA thought he was good enough at 19 to play first grade for 16 games he must think he is a top prospect.
He would be better this year as well. But he should of been re-signed by about round 10 last year.For another 3 years.Just like KE and MANU where.

This is a young kid on the rise. He will only get better. Much prefer taking a gamble like this then one where only talent is coming into the equation, rather than on Watmough or Scott. Your paying them HUGE $$$ to hopefully play at 80% of there best footy with an aging old body that is slowing down every week.
SPORTS SCIENCE.

RULES - Never sign a guy over the age of 30 for longer then 2 yrs.
- Never sign a coach for more than 3 yrs or any player bar a superstar.

We have broken this twice now. People ramble on about the risk of Pauli yet want to keep Sandow and Hoppa. And also where excited about getting Watmough and Scott, raving on he has signed for his leadership.Well news for you all-Tim Mannah is captain so if he aint a leader then why is he captain.
As i said before Merrin would of been a better signing.Cost the same or simmilar to watmough/scott and is about to play his best 3 years of footy.Anyone not thinking we took a massive gamble on these two old guys are off there head.
Sports science.Watch how quickly a guy can go from great to bust in 12mths after 30yld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts