What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Maybe Pauli or his manager wanted to take a gamble on his value going up and decided to wait and test the market. Even if we want to extend our juniors, we can't force them to sign.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Hindy, Merrin would seem like a good signing on the surface, but who's to say he wouldn't turn out to be another Justin Poore. The Watmough, Foran & Scott signings are about creating the sort of culture for a Merrin-style signing to thrive in.

And if Manly (for eg) offer him 450k a season, should we match it? Why does everyone seem to think keeping a player is black and white?

FTR I think Pauli should be a priority. But I wouldn't endorse paying overs for him.

That's right, and people suggesting that he should simply have been locked up ages ago might be forgetting that it takes both sides to agree to a contract. If the player believes in himself, and has a smart manager, there is very little incentive to re-sign early.

forward pass

Coach
The concern with Pauli might be whether he can handle the amount of minutes he will need to produce under the new interchange rules next year.

The Colonel

Immortal
The concern with Pauli might be whether he can handle the amount of minutes he will need to produce under the new interchange rules next year.

Great point. Players like Scott and Watmough have shown time and again they can play full games. Pauli, as good as he can be potentially, has yet to show that. We have other explosive players. Alioai and Twal may well fill that role.

hindy111

Post Whore
They wont drop interchange from 10 to 6.They might go to 8 then to 6.
Pauli played a few 80 min games for us last year. I would imagine he would get fitter.Sure he played 80 or close too for wenty. Why does he need too play 80 anyhows? Wouldnt 60 mins be enough?

IFR33K

Coach
They wont drop interchange from 10 to 6.They might go to 8 then to 6.
Pauli played a few 80 min games for us last year. I would imagine he would get fitter.Sure he played 80 or close too for wenty. Why does he need too play 80 anyhows? Wouldnt 60 mins be enough?

Why asking us. Why not ask the duke???? 😜😜😜😜

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate the dukes teams done for year.They should look at a wooden spoon TBH. I expect them to be fighting it out with us.
They have lost there starting halves. Idris done for season-There lock maybe for season or there abouts.

I know we bark on about injuries but other then SEMI who is on the wing, most have been bench players or guys who have been replaced by equal quality like wicks/Jnr Paulo. Our spine has been fit.

verticalsmile

Juniors
Me a wolf don't think so....

Why would it be more easier on the eyes if i were to write Supermatta or Fantasicmatta. PLEASE

I cant help it that im a realist and I just call it like it is.....

And are you throwing racial variation remarks at me because your the dog and trying to drop the sent off ones self.

I find this very concerning. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

In fact I don't have a inbred child :sarcasm: who looks like a Gronk an called a Gronk wearing Canberra colors as my Avatar....:crazy:

hahahahahahahhahahahahaah:lol:

I cant help it that im a realist and I just call it like it is.....

And are you throwing racial variation remarks at me because your the dog and trying to drop the sent off ones self.

I find this very concerning. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

In fact I

Can we have an interpreter? Who got sent off? Why? Who got dropped?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
No. I reckon we'd be right buying another experienced forward (Beau Scott). From what I've seen of Bevan French I think he can be a good fullback in the NRL, give him another 12 months and I reckon he could debut in first grade.

Forty20

First Grade
Regardless of the argument that replacement bench players have proven to be equal or superior to their predecessors the biggest issue for mine is that the suspension to Junior, injuries to Edwards and Pauli and delayed clearance to Fa'aoso have deprived us of options.

Brad Arthur may very well have played Isaac De Gois and Joseph Paulo every round this year even if Junior, Edwards, Pauli and Fa'aoso (Josh Aloiai also deserves a mention IMO) were available but right up until this coming round we simply had no options beyond the forwards currently enlisted in first grade and that is a significant hindrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts