What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
How would you structure this contract so the player is happy??

Same with the NFL. Built in performance standards.
Ask Jarryd Hayne, he could send us some samples of how such a contract looks.

x amount Line Break Assists = $$$
x amount Line Breaks = $$$$
x amount of meters run from red zone relieving pressure = $$$
x amount of tackles = saving tries, etc = $$$$
x amount of tries scored = $$$$
x amount of try assists = $$$
x amount of not dropping the ball from bombs, kick throughs, etc... = $$$$
etc
etc

SIMPLE

Now it just needs a mathematician and intellectual genius skilled in Sun Tzu's Art Of War to formulate a performance contract always set in the clubs favour. This means we need someone capable of being sinister to apply it as a workable contract that fools both the manager/s and the player. Enter Poo Poo.

Packaging Gobbledygook into a working formula that has managers and players yes-nodding without having any idea what the f**k is really going on is required.

"Sounds Good, where do we sign". :thumb

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
Kurt Mann would be the player I would look at. Can play fullback, centre, half and five eight. I think he can make the fullback role his. Is off contract. Has the passing skills and running game.

Noise

Coach
Kurt Mann would be the player I would look at. Can play fullback, centre, half and five eight. I think he can make the fullback role his. Is off contract. Has the passing skills and running game.

If he is off contract I'd actually prefer him to Johnston. Anyone even know if we are talking to him?

lafai

Bench
Saw Mann last year and thought he was something special. Munster is probably Billy's replacement so I'd go for him.

Chipmunk

Coach
What are peoples thoughts on Clinton Gutherson from Manly?

I'm always sceptical about Storm players away from the Storm system, but I would definitely consider both Mann and Munster has options. They've at worst been educated on the basics of how to be an NRL player by Bellyache.

Parra47

Juniors
Gutherson - 1, 2, 3
Mann - 1, 3, 6
Munster - 1, 6

I'd be very happy if we got one or two of the above. All three would add much to our back line. Quality young players.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our club will pay overs for a dud.
I was banging on about segyaroo before duke got him.And austin and graheme who went for cheap. Ow why arent we going for moss or jennings brothers.ffs.

oldmancraigy

Coach
And RTS and Minichiello did it last year a bit I think. But I meant fullback and half, although I don't see why that would be any less feasible.

My half thought comments. It wouldnt work!
Fullback does the defensive tall and organises the line. THEN fullback needs to take the first or 2nd hitup after a kick. Halves do the attacking talk, organise the troops, which they need to be doing from early in the count. It might just work in the typical grind sets, with an exceptionally fit player who can make the mental switch every set. But I dont see it working well on quick turnover etc - which is really the time you want your halves stepping up.

Fullback wing switch is far easier - both back for kicks etc etc

Gronk

Staff member
telegraph_sport ‏@telegraph_sport 9m9 minutes ago
22,000 mins of NRL since last player was dismissed from footy field. So what does one need to do to get sent off? http://bit.ly/1yoNgaH

Good question from the Telecrap. Refs don't use the yellow or red card nearly enough. I know that some merkins will groan at my comparing our game to RU, but we need to revert back to calling teams by generic terms (black, blue, red etc), no more players first names and yellow card (5 or 10 mins in bin) merkins for contact to the head penalties. Red cards for serious offences.

emjaycee

Coach
Agreed Gronk.

And a club needs to fine any player that is deemed "too friendly" towards an opponent at the end of the game. Be mates later, us fans want to see that you 'hate' the opposition at least while on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts