What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Our club will pay overs for a dud.
I was banging on about segyaroo before duke got him.And austin and graheme who went for cheap. Ow why arent we going for moss or jennings brothers.ffs.

Just because we are after them doesn't mean we'll get them. The clubs that those players went to could have initially paid massive overs to get them there.

Chipmunk

Coach
Chad Townsend anyone?

Rival clubs Cronulla, Manly, Parramatta and Canterbury are in the running to secure his services.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11432037

I know its a difficult situation, but why would any of those paticular clubs want Chad Townsend this year? Surely he's not going to leave the Warriors NRL team to play NSW Cup.

You'd have to think Souths, on a short term deal, would be his best option. Realistically he could play for them until Reynolds gets back.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
5 weeks for throwing a stationary attacker on his head, with no interference from anyone else, with carry over points, and an almost identical prior offence only a few games before from which he learned nothing.

Agreed Barry. However the victim brigade don't want to even try to be objective about how our club is treated.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know its a difficult situation, but why would any of those paticular clubs want Chad Townsend this year? Surely he's not going to leave the Warriors NRL team to play NSW Cup.

You'd have to think Souths, on a short term deal, would be his best option. Realistically he could play for them until Reynolds gets back.

He is contracted to the Warriors this year and in their top 17. No way will they release him. The article is about his contract status for next year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is Townsend better than Norman?

I reckon it all comes down to whether Johnson signs with us or not:

- we probably want to move Hoppa back to centre for next year
- we want Johnson to play fullback for back next year but have a plan b which is to move Norman to 1.
- if Norman goes to fullback we need another half, with the most obviously option is Sandow but may be is asking to much. So we are looking at Townsend as a option.

Plenty of what ifs. Must be a nightmare putting an balanced NRL squad together with all the variables.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Left at the moment. The same side as Norman and Foran.

But obviously players can adapt (some better than others) - Townsend plays on the left with Johnson on the right. But when Maloney was at the Warriors he played right with Johnson on the left. And now Maloney plays on the left for the Chooks.

Bigfella

Coach

In our case I would presume it would be to play Norman at fullback move Hopoate to the centres and play Townsend in the halves.

It wouldn't so much be gaining another half pou we would be adding a fullback and a centre - two positions we are desperately short of.

verticalsmile

Juniors
Look i know we are all bagging out Hooper but he is not a fullback that much we all know.

If Hayne was up front and said he was leaving the club, i felt we should have load the players contacts up front (like the east did) we could have build for the future.....

What do you guys think of James Maloney

i know he's not the greatest tackler but he can play and kick goals.....Better then Chris AKA Mabo can . and we all know there a shortage of half backs or do we go for Todd Carney ????????????????????

As Fantaicmatta has had a problem with a number 7 for over 10 years now....
https://www.google.com.au/search?ne...a=X&ei=z2MsVa2yM8S1mwX1xoC4BA&ved=0CBoQvwUoAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts