What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings for 2009

richies

Juniors
Rumour: Chris Ward > Bulldogs

Anyone care to give me some info on this kid?

would u please keep this quite !!!
his the ref and each time he refs our games he gives us penalties for $2,000 a penalty:lol::lol::lol:.....

na his a centre from penrith soso nothing flash

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Broncos have re-signed the following for two years.

Josh Hoffman
Jharal Yow Yeh
Will Tupou
Gerald Beale
Andrew McCullough
Ben Hunt
Josh McGuire

and they're in the process of re-signing...

Alex Glenn
Michael Spence

Troyden Watene, Josh McGuire, Josh Hoffman and Andrew McCullough will join the Top 25 next year.

Pumba

First Grade
Raiders re-sign Toyota Cup Captain

Canberra Raiders Toyota Cup Captain and hard working back rower Shaun Fensom will remain with a the club until at least the end of 2010, after he secured a new two year deal with the Green Machine today.

Fensom, 19, has been one of the stand-out players for the Raiders under 20's team this season, and his workmanlike performances have already drawn parallel to the Raiders NRL skipper Alan Tongue.

After moving to Canberra this year from Urunga on the Mid-North Coast of NSW, Fensom has proven himself on and off the field for the Raiders, with the club seeing him as a potential first grade player of the future.

An excited Fensom said signing the new deal with the Raiders was a great pressure relief heading into this years finals series, where the young Raiders are currently well entrenched in the top four.

"It's definitely a huge relief to put pen to paper, and it's great to have my future with the Raiders a bit more secure," Fensom said. "We have a real chance at going all the way this year in the Toyota Cup, and I can now concentrate on leading the team into the finals."

Fensom said he was looking forward to joining the Raiders senior squad next season, and said the Toyota Cup was proving itself to be a strong stepping stone into senior football.

"At this stage I will be training with the top squad during the pre-season, and hopefully I can get a spot in there at some stage," he said. "There's no doubt the Toyota Cup is a strong enough competition to grow future NRL players and hopefully I can be one of them."

Raiders Toyota Cup Coach Tony Adam said Fensom has all the right attributes to go on and play NRL football, and he had shown this year what a positive impact he has on his team.

"Shaun reminds me a lot of Alan Tongue as he's very similar in terms of Alan's professionalism and work ethic," Adam said. "He works hard on self improvement and he's very analytical. His work rate over 80 minutes last week was 40 tackles and 17 hit ups, and that's a typical Shaun Fensom game.

"On top of that he's very mature and professional for a young guy, and he just maximizes what he gets from himself, with a great attitude towards his football."

Raiders CEO Don Furner said Fensom's re-signing continued the clubs policy on developing their own talent, and looked forward to watching Shaun grow as a player for the club.

"Shaun is a talented and committed young player who we think has a strong future here at the Raiders," Furner said. "As always we look to reward the young players coming through who have proven themselves, and Shaun has certainly done that this year with strong leadership of the Raiders Toyota Cup team."

Link

Smiley

Bench
Ryan Hansen played for the Broncos U18s vs England.

Same Ryan Hansen that was with Melbourne Storm U/20s????

SOO

Juniors
Ryan Hansen played for the Broncos U18s vs England.

Same Ryan Hansen that was with Melbourne Storm U/20s????

Yeha mate it sure is he was getting home sick in melbourne and wasnt happy there so he got a release and he has now signed with the broncos for 2 years pretty good signing in my eyes.

SOO

Juniors
Matt Hand sydney Roosters to resign for 2009 good signing he will be in the halves next year for roosters 20s. Well done roosters.

Smiley

Bench
Rugby codes chase schoolboy star

THE Brisbane Broncos are hoping to win the race to sign impressive high school student Dane Gagai, who is also in the sights of the Queensland Reds and other NRL clubs.

Gagai's father, Ray, an electrifying winger from Mackay who represented Queensland country in the eighties, was recruited by the Broncos in 1989.

He never played a game because at the time Brisbane were blessed with wingers such as Michael Hancock, Joe Kilroy and Willie Carne.

Brisbane have interviewed the 17 year-old centre, a relative of Wendell Sailor who is captain of the first XV at Brisbane Boys' College.

It's understood he's also considering approaches from the Cowboys and the Reds and will make his decision by the end of the month.

link

SOO

Juniors
Yeah roosters were also after him at the begining of the year not a bad player but a touch over rated. I am pretty sure he will stay at cowboys as they offered him full time there nxt year but Reds have not offered him anything and i doubt they will. Good defence thats about it. Nothing special.

Pumba

First Grade
Titans re-sign boom youngster

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have secured the services of one of the hottest prospects in the NRL after re-signing local talent Jordan Rankin until the end of 2011.

Rankin, who is currently representing the Australian Schoolboys in a series against teams from Great Britain and France, has agreed to a new three-year deal with the club.

The Palm Beach Currumbin High School student has emerged as a potential star of the future this season after being brought through the Titans development system.

Playing well above his age, the 16-year-old captained the Titans’ SG Ball (under-18) side to a finals appearance in their first season in the junior competition earlier this year and has since stepped up to play with the Titans’ NYC (under-20) side.

The Burleigh junior, who was initially recruited as a fullback but is being groomed as a halfback, is rated as having the potential to play first grade within the next 12 months.

Jetstar Titans managing director Michael Searle said the signing of Rankin to a long-term deal was a coup for the club.

“Jordan is clearly a great talent and his decision to re-sign with the Titans for the next three seasons is a significant one,’’ said Searle.

“Although he is just 16, he has shown great maturity in stepping up to SG Ball and NYC level. He is showing signs that it won’t be long before he is playing first grade for the Titans.

“This is a another great example of our young players coming through our system and remaining with the club to represent the city in the National Rugby League.”

Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright said Rankin had the attributes to play first grade, provided his progress continued in the coming years.

“He’s definitely got the potential to play first grade down the track and it’s great news for the club that we’ve signed him up,’’ said Cartwright.

“He’s had a starring role with the Australian schoolboys, has been starring at Palm Beach Currumbin and has also played four or five games for our under-20s side and they haven’t lost a game while he’s been there either.’’

Rankin is still only in year 11 at Palm Beach Currumbin high school and said he had ambitions to break through in the NRL while he was still a student.

“It’s been a dream of mine to play for the Titans ever since they came into the competition,’’ said Rankin.

“I don’t think I was going to sign anywhere else even though other clubs had shown interest.

“One of my goals is to play NRL while I’m still at school.

“I feel there is the opportunity to do that with the Titans.’’

SOO

Juniors
Apparently playing 1st Grade this week left the australian schoolboys tour up north to come back to the gold coast to train with 1st grade to play on monday night.

SOO

Juniors
Dom Walsh to sign with the titans wat a great signing there. Turned down big money from Manly and turned down a top 25 position at the sharks. Also turned down an offer from the Brisbane broncos. Just wanted to get out of sydney apparently.

SOO

Juniors
David Hala also signed with the titans for next year another pretty good signing as the titans are struggling for proms atm good for dave as he apparently was missing home to much at roosters.

The Colonel

Immortal
Anyone know anything about Josh Murray from the Roosters? Has signed with Parramatta for next season.

SOO

Juniors
Anyone know anything about Josh Murray from the Roosters? Has signed with Parramatta for next season.

Yeah i have heard that. Is he signed with 20s sqaud or SG ball squad dou yo know. Not a good signing he is a an aragent little sh*t and is goinf no where there are alot better halves out ther then Josh Murray.

Gallus Gallus

Juniors
Yeah i have heard that. Is he signed with 20s sqaud or SG ball squad dou yo know. Not a good signing he is a an aragent little sh*t and is goinf no where there are alot better halves out ther then Josh Murray.
mate u seem to know alot..u remind me of a kid who used to go to my school up in QLD

wayne challis

Juniors
Roosters NYC

Gains:
Tu’u Maori (centre) – Cronulla NYC (mid-season)
Ulysess Fahina (winger) – Penrith SG Ball (mid-season-2010)
Boyd Cordner (backrow) – Newcastle HM (2009-2112)

Losses:
Brock Molan (released - mid-season - Souths NYC)
Baden Hall (released - mid-season - Tigers NYC)
Hermani Moala (released - mid-season - Parramatta NYC)
David Hala (released - mid-season - Redcliffe Qld Cup, Titans NYC 2009)
John Clayton (released - mid-season - Souths NYC)
James Tamou (Nth Qld Cowboys -2009)

richies

Juniors
canberra fullback josh dugan is still off contract

but has had a few off field disapline troubles
would be a good pick up if he can turn his troubles around

heard the commentators say this
but now remomber
think he resigned for 2-3 years

Last edited:

Latest posts