What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings for 2009

Godz Illa

Coach
Andrew Magee, Kawana (Sunshine Coast) to Saints

Coast hopeful to become dragon

12:00a.m. 16th October 2008
| By Peter Gardiner

sport_lead_t350.jpg
Andrew Magee, 17, has signed with St George rugby league. Photo: 178905

Time will tell the Broncos how costly the intervention of new St George-Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett was in securing the services of young Sunshine Coast hopeful Andrew Magee.
Not long after Magee, one of Rob Brough’s graduates of the Mountain Creek High’s rugby league school of excellence, turns 18 next Wednesday he will head to Wollongong to become a Dragon.
But there was every chance he would have been turning up for pre-season training with an eye to playing Toyota Cup next year at Brisbane’s Red Hill oval, if not for the influence of the former Broncos coach.
Magee, who played A grade for Kawana in Coast club football this year as well as under 18 for Queensland, was a year into a St George scholarship when the Broncos came calling.
“I was very close to signing with the Broncos, but then St George rang up and said they were exercising their option and they wanted me down there.
“Wayne Bennett was involved in it (the negotiations) over a few days.”
The Dragons had only to match the Broncos offer for the 88kg 188 cm lock to secure his services for under 20s.
“Hopefully one day I will have more to do with him (Bennett),” Magee said.
Magee said that the Cowboys had also shown an interest in signing him, while the Bulldogs contacted him but the club never followed through with a concrete offer.
His immediate goal is to settle in to his new playing environment and then play for the Dragons against a junior Fiji side who are preparing to take on their Great Britain counterparts.
Having played for Wide Bay and the Falcon rep sides, Magee’s biggest football moment to date came at Stockland Park at Kawana this year running out for the under 18 Maroons against New South Wales Country.
“I didn’t go too bad in that game – I had a pretty strong defensive game.”
Magee has been on the Coast all his life and played for Maroochydore before switching to Kawana.
“I moved there because he (Brough) is such an awesome coach.”
One person not complaining about Magee heading to the Dragons is his father John who reportedly is a lifelong St George supporter.
“But really in the end I was happy for him to play wherever he went,” his proud father said.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/oct/16/about--be-bronco-saved-benny/

richies

Juniors
for the dogs next year
Ben Shea forward (West Tigers),
Solomon Foster 5/8 (Knights),
Steve Azzi winger (Roosters),sg ball
Joey Matapuka forward (Souths)

i think marmin barba will play toyota cup? if not sg ball
anyone else know others in the dogs?

richies

Juniors
Only one i've heard so far is Constantine Mika will play NYC for the Knights next season after spending the rest of this season in the Newcastle comp or NSW cup side (a clause in his release from the warriors).

he could only play nyc for all 2008
but pretty sure he can be selected anywere in 2009

girvie

Staff member
for the dogs next year

Steve Azzi is a second rower.

Solomone Foster didn't play SG Ball for the Knights. He played Harold Matthews there in 2006 .

saint-colesy

Juniors
Andrew Magee, Kawana (Sunshine Coast) to Saints

Coast hopeful to become dragon

12:00a.m. 16th October 2008
| By Peter Gardiner

sport_lead_t350.jpg
Andrew Magee, 17, has signed with St George rugby league. Photo: 178905

Time will tell the Broncos how costly the intervention of new St George-Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett was in securing the services of young Sunshine Coast hopeful Andrew Magee.
Not long after Magee, one of Rob Brough’s graduates of the Mountain Creek High’s rugby league school of excellence, turns 18 next Wednesday he will head to Wollongong to become a Dragon.
But there was every chance he would have been turning up for pre-season training with an eye to playing Toyota Cup next year at Brisbane’s Red Hill oval, if not for the influence of the former Broncos coach.
Magee, who played A grade for Kawana in Coast club football this year as well as under 18 for Queensland, was a year into a St George scholarship when the Broncos came calling.
“I was very close to signing with the Broncos, but then St George rang up and said they were exercising their option and they wanted me down there.
“Wayne Bennett was involved in it (the negotiations) over a few days.”
The Dragons had only to match the Broncos offer for the 88kg 188 cm lock to secure his services for under 20s.
“Hopefully one day I will have more to do with him (Bennett),” Magee said.
Magee said that the Cowboys had also shown an interest in signing him, while the Bulldogs contacted him but the club never followed through with a concrete offer.
His immediate goal is to settle in to his new playing environment and then play for the Dragons against a junior Fiji side who are preparing to take on their Great Britain counterparts.
Having played for Wide Bay and the Falcon rep sides, Magee’s biggest football moment to date came at Stockland Park at Kawana this year running out for the under 18 Maroons against New South Wales Country.
“I didn’t go too bad in that game – I had a pretty strong defensive game.”
Magee has been on the Coast all his life and played for Maroochydore before switching to Kawana.
“I moved there because he (Brough) is such an awesome coach.”
One person not complaining about Magee heading to the Dragons is his father John who reportedly is a lifelong St George supporter.
“But really in the end I was happy for him to play wherever he went,” his proud father said.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/oct/16/about--be-bronco-saved-benny/

I think i played against this bloke this year at the rep carnival up this way.

charlie

Juniors
for the dogs next year

marmin won't play toyota cup in 2009 he is not strong enough yet, but will be a good buy for the dogs future. he will be better then ben for sure

Swainy87

Juniors
for the dogs next year

He's no good anyways....

Latest posts