What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

chrisD

Coach
I don't think Luke is really a hooker, he's got some utility value and we're just using that in a way that suits our needs. With the obvious ball skill level he has I don't know how hard it can be to learn how to pass out of dummy half in a way that doesn't f**k momentum, but obviously it's harder than it seems because good dummy half service isn't a foregone conclusion in about half the teams.

Iamback

Coach
No but I am confident there will be, given we are a feeder club for our rivals.

Most positions we are a couple depth in depth wise.

Take Fullback

Edwards
Turuva
Iongi

Why would guys further down stay?

Especially with Flegg having other options too

Exsilium

First Grade
Luke won't ever be a top tier hooker. It would be ideal for our cap and strategy but I just don't see it. Especially with how he is used by IC.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Luke won't ever be a top tier hooker. It would be ideal for our cap and strategy but I just don't see it. Especially with how he is used by IC.
Mitch Kenney isn't a top tier hooker..I'm glad Soni is saying least now we can try find a good Kenney replacement

age.s

First Grade
Don't see the problem with the Luke resigning. He hasn't been what we hoped this year (though he hasn't been as poor as some suggest), but there's unquestionably talent there. He's obviously not going to break the bank so won't stand in the way of a quality signing if one becomes available. The idea that there's no chance he steps up is crazy. People are quick to quote his age, but from a game perspective he's still a rookie. Adjusting to the pace of the NRL is always going to take time, just like it did for many of the other great players in this squad. His defense has been better than feared and he's not broken down physically. But most importantly we're playing with house money given he's likely coming in very cheap.

The panic around this position has honestly been pretty laughable. It's obviously not a strength atm but the calls to emergency bring in average players like Simpkins is exactly how you unbalance an incredibly successful squad, both from a cap and interpersonal perspective. The club has put together one of the most dominant eras in NRL history, they absolutely deserve the benefit of the doubt in how the details are managed in areas like this.

Latest posts