What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Why was he re-signed for 2 more years.

I’ll tell you why…. He’s tracking very nicely.

I personally can’t wait to dine out on this when his game time increases and he starts racking up Man of the match performances..
I'll be pretty happy to eat humble pie if you're right. But I don't see it happening.

Iamback

Coach
So do I. Unless the club brings someone in. I think Luke is just a filler till a Sommerton, Mason or Smith comes of age.
Happy to be proven wrong.

It may not even be a hooker.

The games Luke has missed

Peachey
Cogger
4 forwards

replaced him

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Crazy talk.
The only way Luke will be better than Api next year is if Api suffers a serious injury. He is in a completely different league to Luke.
Api is a 3 time premiership winning hooker, and up until that idiot broke his jaw; he was the current NSW hooker.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Crazy talk.
The only way Luke will be better than Api next year is if Api suffers a serious injury. He is in a completely different league to Luke.
Api is a 3 time premiership winning hooker, and up until that idiot broke his jaw; he was the current NSW hooker.
They are Api’s achievements….. that’s not what’s being spoken about.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
They are his achievements because he is top of his class. Luke is nowhere near that and never will be!
Yeah, everyone keeps saying that, yet, no is able to say why they think that. Everyone is just going off what they think they have seen this year.

it’s honestly becoming boring to read.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Numbers don't lie. Api is top 3 in most Stat categories he is still an elite hooker
He was top 3 in his first year in an NRL squad…. That’s impressive…. Certainly wouldn’t have thought so, given the way he played… but you’d know..

age.s

First Grade
Age is the big one. 28 next year is the age when speed starts to go.

Speed is his biggest atribute
Age is a different metric when the player makes grade later. The cumulative wear and tear of hundreds of NRL games is as big a factor on the age related decline of a player. Flash was a good example of a guy who played younger on the field than he did on paper.

Iamback

Coach
He was top 3 in his first year in an NRL squad…. That’s impressive…. Certainly wouldn’t have thought so, given the way he played… but you’d know..

Oh I thought you meant. Soni to current Api.

Nrl.com.

Go into Api's profile and right at the bottom has his stats for every year in FG.

They aren't even close in any category

Iamback

Coach
Age is a different metric when the player makes grade later. The cumulative wear and tear of hundreds of NRL games is as big a factor on the age related decline of a player. Flash was a good example of a guy who played younger on the field than he did on paper.

That is a tough one. He has been in squads but always was injured.

No science behind it but it seems like that would cancel that out

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Oh I thought you meant. Soni to current Api.

Nrl.com.

Go into Api's profile and right at the bottom has his stats for every year in FG.

They aren't even close in any category
I don’t need to look at stats. I’ve watched them both come through the grades.

You of course are entitled to your opinion, if reading stats is how you come to conclusions that’s fine.

I prefer to judge a player by his ability.