What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
Napa isn't worth the 650k he is on. But he is a genuine NRL level prop. Atleast a bench prop. Or a starter in weaker sides. Silly to say he isn't.
Just turned 28 so not pass his best either.

If they said a straight swap it isnt a bad deal. But if they wanted Burton and say 200k then forget it. I have no doubt NAPA makes your top 17.

murraymob

Coach
First off Burton is a champion and has done everything asked off him by the club if anyone think he has anything to do with pushing for a release they are kidding.Sure if granted one he would go
.But since one has not been granted he has been training hard and getting ready if a opportunity arises
I said all along this Landry was trouble for the dogs .He will react badly when losing .Barrett being firmly in his sights.He wants Burton now and can’t believe the panthers are not giving giving in to him
For once our management are taking emotion out of dealings and saying what do we get in return .Well done panther board

Hooked

Juniors
Two wrongs don't make a right.
However, Next time I owe Arthur any money.I won't bother paying it back, because it doesn't suit me and its the fair thing to do by my perspective :p

betcats

Referee
I’d say the dogs are getting desperate cause the team is still not that good. Their forwards are not going to be good enough for that spine and the outside backs won’t really matter in that case. Flanno looks like a poor mans cleary to me and Marshal king is no hooker. I like the fullback but damn they are relying on a lot of young guys playing behind a middling pack at best.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’d say the dogs are getting desperate cause the team is still not that good. Their forwards are not going to be good enough for that spine and the outside backs won’t really matter in that case. Flanno looks like a poor mans cleary to me and Marshal king is no hooker. I like the fullback but damn they are relying on a lot of young guys playing behind a middling pack at best.

Yep they need Burto more than anything. It burns them that we aren't just giving them what they want straight up no questions. This idea that they are owed Burton and if not we are somehow lacking integrity on some level is a bit strange. NRL fans complain about the lack of respect for contracts.......

betcats

Referee
Yep they need Burto more than anything. It burns them that we aren't just giving them what they want straight up no questions. This idea that they are owed Burton and if not we are somehow lacking integrity on some level is a bit strange. NRL fans complain about the lack of respect for contracts.......

Yep nothing I’ve seen from any of their halves makes me think they are ready to be the dominant half In an nrl team. Burton had that look from his first game, but even with him they are lacking a hooker and still need to improve that forward pack and they would have to give someone up to get Burton possibly pay us money which may count in their cap.

All these signings are good but they have created a sense of hope, last season their attack was terrible just about worst in the league but their defence was equally woeful. If that sense of hope isn’t delivered upon next season things might get ugly given the way the board and management has been there in the last decade. It’s a long way up from where the team was last season.

BxTom

Bench
Marshall King would be great at training - as a tackling dummy.

MugaB

Coach
Yeah he forgets Cleary don't much care for contracts, Burton will renig.... im back it in now, TBaz say goodbye to your hair buddy you're in for a looooong year

Zampaa

Juniors
Why did you think Crichton scored so many easy tries where he was barely touched like he was playing wing? Things on a Rugby League don't happen in a vacuum. It happened so often because virtually every time Kikau got numbered up with a half the centres and wingers went oh shit and came in on Kikau creating numbers and space for the left edge. That doesn't happen nearly as often if Liam Martin is playing left second row. We have no one capable of replicating that effect. The only guys who could atm are Taumolo or maybe David Fifita. Maybe that huge second rower/centre the Sharks have.

That huge sharks second rower / centre that we had. Letting talakai go was a mistake.

Yeah he forgets Cleary don't much care for contracts, Burton will renig.... im back it in now, TBaz say goodbye to your hair buddy you're in for a looooong year
You can not renege anymore. Both sides must now agree to terminate the contract, which of course The Dogs never will. How does Canterbury have so much money, they just can’t stop spending!

Original Name

Juniors
That huge sharks second rower / centre that we had. Letting talakai go was a mistake.
Ehh, it's taken him awhile to come good. These things are partly just luck regarding who picks up those kinda guys maturing at the right time. The Sharks picking him up is different from say the Raiders sticking with Wighton through the times when he was shit.

Besides we can't keep a guy like that and Kikau for long. One of our second rowers needs to be a bit more workman like instead of having the most flashy highlights real. That'd cost too much to have both our second rowers like that.