What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Luai would be a massive loss who would be extremely hard to replace.

He’s a must sign in my book.
The hardest part to replace would be off field imo. He is a great player, but I think replaceable enough in our system, the chemistry part could potentially be impossible to replicate. I think if what is reported is true regarding our ceiling on his salary, then the club is doing the right thing. I hope he stays, but respect his decision either way.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The hardest part to replace would be off field imo. He is a great player, but I think replaceable enough in our system, the chemistry part could potentially be impossible to replicate. I think if what is reported is true regarding our ceiling on his salary, then the club is doing the right thing. I hope he stays, but respect his decision either way.
I don’t think he’s easy to replace on the field at all.
His defence is so underrated, in my opinion, he is the best defensive 5/8 in the game.
Other 5/8’s may be better tacklers, but his reads are unbelievable at times.

Personally I’d be going hard to keep him.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don’t think he’s easy to replace on the field at all.
His defence is so underrated, in my opinion, he is the best defensive 5/8 in the game.
Other 5/8’s may be better tacklers, but his reads are unbelievable at times.

Personally I’d be going hard to keep him.
He is great in defence, not much goes through him. Obviously he can tackle and read the attack, but I imagine part of it would be a system thing. I'm happy to back the club on whichever way it goes on this one.

Pomoz

Bench
That game where Cook was centre, even Wally Lewis in his prime couldn't have saved NSW. That was a bad brain fart by Freddie. He virtually signed Luai up as the scapegoat.

When all is said and done, QLD had a better pack. Tino, Carrigan, Flegler and Collins gave them grit. The biggest compliment I can give those players is that they would fit in at Penrith. The only player in our team with any mongrel was Martin and they stuck him on the bench. Maybe Young and Frizell have a bit of go in them.

Haas is a great athlete, but if you ask any player in the game who they would rather be tackled by Haas, or Martin, they would all say Haas. Leota, JFH, Flegler, Tino or Haas? They would reply Haas. Paulo is a good ball player. Mitch Kenny straightened him out. Saifiti? Which one. The lazy one barely sighted, or the good one that can dominate? Depends what mood he is in.

Flegler, Martin, Collins, Tino, they always want to smash your face in. Every game. Welcome to Pain Town, have a nice day.

NSW had lots of skill, great athletes, grit, not so much. Freddie lost sight of what's important in SOO and it ain't skill. You have to win the war first.

The Grand Final is as clear an example of that there is. The Broncos are faster and more skilful than us. We won the game because of grit. We were like QLD, win the game at the death because the other team is hanging on after being belted for 80 minutes.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That game where Cook was centre, even Wally Lewis in his prime couldn't have saved NSW. That was a bad brain fart by Freddie. He virtually signed Luai up as the scapegoat.

When all is said and done, QLD had a better pack. Tino, Carrigan, Flegler and Collins gave them grit. The biggest compliment I can give those players is that they would fit in at Penrith. The only player in our team with any mongrel was Martin and they stuck him on the bench. Maybe Young and Frizell have a bit of go in them.

Haas is a great athlete, but if you ask any player in the game who they would rather be tackled by Haas, or Martin, they would all say Haas. Leota, JFH, Flegler, Tino or Haas? They would reply Haas. Paulo is a good ball player. Mitch Kenny straightened him out. Saifiti? Which one. The lazy one barely sighted, or the good one that can dominate? Depends what mood he is in.

Flegler, Martin, Collins, Tino, they always want to smash your face in. Every game. Welcome to Pain Town, have a nice day.

NSW had lots of skill, great athletes, grit, not so much. Freddie lost sight of what's important in SOO and it ain't skill. You have to win the war first.

The Grand Final is as clear an example of that there is. The Broncos are faster and more skilful than us. We won the game because of grit. We were like QLD, win the game at the death because the other team is hanging on after being belted for 80 minutes.
100% agree with all of this.

Luai is an easy target. He puts himself out there.

He’s one of those players that’s worth every cent you pay him.

Agree with this. Luai did nothing wrong in either game and got scapegoated.

As an aside, the broader point is why, when NSW gets a coach that gets origin, Kenny will get a game.

#kennyfororigin2025

Goonji

Juniors

Exactly. This is what I have been saying to friends the past two years. People pay out on Cleary and Luai for NSW losing but our props and some other forwards were soft. Halves can’t perform when the forwards are being dominated.

Beginning of the year I said Luai chokes the attack. Now I feel 800k can go well spreaded to upgrade and keep some players particularly May, Tago, Turuva and Kenny. If Leota is really on 400k he deserves more. Last year it didnt phase me to lose Crichton, but I do now, there is something Special about him and he seems to be there when the club needed him.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Beginning of the year I said Luai chokes the attack. Now I feel 800k can go well spreaded to upgrade and keep some players particularly May, Tago, Turuva and Kenny. If Leota is really on 400k he deserves more. Last year it didnt phase me to lose Crichton, but I do now, there is something Special about him and he seems to be there when the club needed him.
What does “Chokes the attack” mean?

betcats

Referee
Romey just needs to find the right balance between playing direct at the line and doing his thing with his footwork. Munster at his best does both really well, Romey could be as good but this year has been at times a bit to sideways.

Munky

Coach
Is there anyone in the lower grade who can play like Wade Graham?

That is can ball play and short kick like a five eighth.

The problem with the current set-up is that if Jerome swings out to the right it's easily defended since the opposition knows a play is on. With the creative left sided second rower it can keep the defence honest knowing they have to stay in position.

Iamback

Coach

Cleary was also sideways when he played 6, That is the style we play

soc123_au

Staff member

The problem with the current set-up is that if Jerome swings out to the right it's easily defended since the opposition knows a play is on. With the creative left sided second rower it can keep the defence honest knowing they have to stay in position.
Maybe Alamoti if the plan for him is back row. I havent really paid much attention to to him, but I assume being a centre he has some level of ball skills.

Iamback

Coach

That is part of the reason why I want Tago in the backrow, He adds something we don't have

Latest posts