What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Eh, we aren't like teams of the past like the Storm though. Edwards isn't on rockstar superstar money. Out of all the established good hookers in the League Kenny is probably down the bottom in terms of pay. Fish and Martin are no dobut being paid elite money for their positions but is just for their positions.

No but Outside of their big 3 or 4, They didn't have guys on much.

The average Wage is $415k.

I'd put Kenny up to that next deal,
Probably our next 5/8th too.

Edwards while not on huge money is on double that.

I did my estimations on the last page. I had the top 8 guys on about $4m.

That leaves roughly $8m for the last 22 in the squad. Or $360k average. If you are adding $400k for Kenny.
The same for the 6

You are probably looking at paying guys like Lindsay Smith and Spencer's replacement that.

That is why I don't see us paying May and Tago both in that $450k level

Chins get the wins

First Grade

That leaves roughly $8m for the last 22 in the squad. Or $360k average. If you are adding $400k for Kenny.
The same for the 6

You are probably looking at paying guys like Lindsay Smith and Spencer's replacement that.

We have our core and May types aren't a apart of that. We will continue to rotate through outside backs for Nathan Cleary's career

Iamback

Coach
We have our core and May types aren't a apart of that. We will continue to rotate through outside backs for Nathan Cleary's career

Yep. To'o under normal circumstances wouldn't be here given his pay but we need big kick returns to play our style

We have a few guys on $200-$250k, Those types like Garner will rotate in and out with rookies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

The same for the 6

Have you included the cap rise your detailed financial analysis of our squad?

John Hamblin

Juniors
I think the question marks over Taylan are fair. The injury, a position he never played at the nrl level and didn’t play much of in cup. Remember he was playing hooker in sg ball and hm, so his centre experience over the last 5 years in minimal. After that the next couple years we’re covid years so not a lot of footy played. There is a good 'he goes well because he’s talented and we have a great system but still i think insisting he’s going to kill it is just a bit of wishful thinking at this point.

As others have said Taylan is a beast and we ALL hope he comes back well. I remember an article or two about him working out in the gym and putting on muscle. Can't wait to see him on the field.

maple_69

Bench
Here’s my estimations for the 2025 cap.

This assumes we re-sign Turuva, Kenny & Sommerton. Cole gets the 5/8 gig while May, Peach, Laurie & Alamoti walk. May/Turuva are interchangeable here and so is Laurie/Cole really.

Core
Cleary - $1.4M (best player in the game)
Edwards - $850K (top 3 fullback)
Yeo - $850K(best forward in the game)
Fish - $850K (best prop in the game)
Martin - $750K (best edge in the game)
To’o - $650K (best winger of his generation)
Leota - $600K(top 5 prop)
=$5.95M

Other First 17 Signed for 2025
Sorenson - $400K
Tago - $350K
Smith - $300K
Henry - $200K
McLean - $200K
Cole - $200K
Hassett - $150K (or Geyer)
=$1.8M

Must Sign for 2025
Kenny - $400K
Turuva - $400K
Sommerton - $200K
=$1M

Depth Above Minimum
Schneider - $275K
Iongi - $175K
Luke - $175K
Geyer - $175K
Price - $175K
=$975K

League Minumum
=$1.2M

=$10.9M

From there I think you’d need to top up Cole/whoever we back for 5/8 to $400K. We’d no doubt sign a number of experienced vets/projects on around $200k a piece ala Peach, Laurie, Eisenhuth, Garner & Alamoti who we have on the books for 2024. So that’s $600K more gone.
=$11.5M

That leaves you with $500K. You could either resign May or upgrade Hassett (or whoever we back for 17), McLean, Tago and potentially retain Garner.

Feels like if we can bring in another 5/8 with success we are pretty well set for the next 3-4 years as our core guys are basically at their peak salaries and it will then be a matter of replacing them.

Iamback

Coach
Here’s my estimations for the 2025 cap.

This assumes we re-sign Turuva, Kenny & Sommerton. Cole gets the 5/8 gig while May, Peach, Laurie & Alamoti walk. May/Turuva are interchangeable here and so is Laurie/Cole really.

Core
Cleary - $1.4M (best player in the game)
Edwards - $850K (top 3 fullback)
Yeo - $850K(best forward in the game)
Fish - $850K (best prop in the game)
Martin - $750K (best edge in the game)
To’o - $650K (best winger of his generation)
Leota - $600K(top 5 prop)
=$5.95M

Other First 17 Signed for 2025
Sorenson - $400K
Tago - $350K
Smith - $300K
Henry - $200K
McLean - $200K
Cole - $200K
Hassett - $150K (or Geyer)
=$1.8M

Must Sign for 2025
Kenny - $400K
Turuva - $400K
Sommerton - $200K
=$1M

Depth Above Minimum
Schneider - $275K
Iongi - $175K
Luke - $175K
Geyer - $175K
Price - $175K
=$975K

League Minumum
=$1.2M

=$10.9M

From there I think you’d need to top up Cole/whoever we back for 5/8 to $400K. We’d no doubt sign a number of experienced vets/projects on around $200k a piece ala Peach, Laurie, Eisenhuth, Garner & Alamoti who we have on the books for 2024. So that’s $600K more gone.
=$11.5M

That leaves you with $500K. You could either resign May or upgrade Hassett (or whoever we back for 17), McLean, Tago and potentially retain Garner.

Feels like if we can bring in another 5/8 with success we are pretty well set for the next 3-4 years as our core guys are basically at their peak salaries and it will then be a matter of replacing them.

Good post. You just laid out where we sit well.

McLean
Cole
Henry

are locked up until 2026, If they can win the vacant spots that really allows us to get better depth

betcats

Referee
As others have said Taylan is a beast and we ALL hope he comes back well. I remember an article or two about him working out in the gym and putting on muscle. Can't wait to see him on the field.

Of course we hope he comes back strong but it’s not unheard of for people to take some time after an acl injury to get back their confidence etc. Defending at centre his lateral movement will be important and after an acl lateral movement can be one of those areas that take some time to be confident in.

betcats

Referee
Minimum wage goes up too though

Yep and some players have pay rises written in to their contracts in the event of cap raises. Cap raises aren’t designed to give clubs more money to spend, they are to give a pay raise to all players. When cap goes up it doesn’t mean clubs have more money to go out and buy better players or spend more to retain their in demand players.

Iamback

Coach
Yep and some players have pay rises written in to their contracts in the event of cap raises. Cap raises aren’t designed to give clubs more money to spend, they are to give a pay raise to all players. When cap goes up it doesn’t mean clubs have more money to go out and buy better players or spend more to retain their in demand players.

The cap rise is great if you have guys coming off contract into space, We don't have that and likely have deal for our 8 top guys that have a ratchet clause.

That said we have elite guys looked up and the 2nd youngest squad in the NRL so we are in a great place

Iamback

Coach
Yeah I understand that.

That’s why I think you are undervaluing Taylans value.

I think he’s worth more in the new cap.

Doesn't mean we can afford it though

If we have say a 5% ratchet clause in guys on contracts deal.

We are looking at an $800k deal turning into $850k

Cleary goes from $1.3m to $1.4m

And so on.

If have we have 5 guys on minimum wage. It costs $100k extra for them.

Say $400k on ratchet clauses.

There is 25% of the salary cap increase gone right there

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep and just as shit... is there any insight from the panthers squad you you like to talk about, or are we going to hear more about pawwa players

Listen I was just saying he come back from day dot just ast fast and strong which suprised me. Guys on here are saying players don't. This is not true. Some do and some don't. Sivo is just an example

MugaB

Coach
Listen I was just saying he come back from day dot just ast fast and strong which suprised me. Guys on here are saying players don't. This is not true. Some do and some don't. Sivo is just an example
Really, coz he really hasn't run over as many people, as he used to in his first few seasons, he usually averaged a try per game from pure steam rolling of rival winger, since his return, they seem to wrap him up fairly easily.. either way who cares if he is pawwa he is wasted on effort and conversation

Latest posts