What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
that is just for this year though, realistically who could get released this season that is better than Alamoti

betcats

Referee
If the police see any evidence of his Mrs face, I can't see how May will get off his charges..

Sure if he gets sacked we can buy whoever but the cap relief is for a player who is stood down until the case. So it seems until he either gets sacked or gets off we can only spend relief an outside back we can bring in this year, from my understanding anyway

Makes it very hard to plan when we don't know how long the case will go for?

His case shouldn't go for as long as Jack's, but in the future some cases can take as long as a contract is for.

NRL should change it's stand down policy and wipe the whole contract and it found not guilty he returns to the club and if the club has signed someone else in the mean time and there is no cap space left he should be released.

Iamback

Coach

His case shouldn't go for as long as Jack's, but in the future some cases can take as long as a contract is for.

NRL should change it's stand down policy and wipe the whole contract and it found not guilty he returns to the club and if the club has signed someone else in the mean time and there is no cap space left he should be released.

Yep. He won't be sacked before next year

WestyLife

First Grade

You can't do that it'd be weighted against potentially innocent players too much basically costing them their entire employment.

betcats

Referee
He might plead guilty, unlikely i suppose, especially if he is innocent lol but if he did i assume it would all be wrapped up pretty quickly

Hairy Hamburger

Juniors
Well Turuva GONE. This young guy made a great debut on the weekend in a pressure position of Fullback and handled it very well and also got on the scoresheet. Handles the Wing just as well with good speed.
Confident this guy will be First grade material.
GET TO IT PANTHERS. Sign this guy now. Available for 2025 and beyond. These are the value signings we need with huge upside if coached the Panther's way.
@Blade23 Any chance Panthers looking at David ARMSTRONG at the Knights. Been rapping this guy for a while now and he keeps delivering more each game. Hat trick last week. Speed to burn. Would not break the budget also. Huge upside. Country Kid.

Blade23

Juniors
Not sure about Casey contract but Jesse and Mav are both on the books for next year already so iof we lost taylan we free up the full amount we are paying him next year and whatever he is owed for the this season from when he got stood down.

Casey is locked up at least till the end of 2026. He is getting fast tracked. Will either be in the top 30 next year or dev contract. How quick he progresses over the next few months will determine which.

I think blade said we get cap relief for Taylan for this year cause he is stood down. I wonder if we could sneak someone in before the cutoff? Papi for example, if hes on 550k this year and has been paid for half the year already we could potentially sneak him if he took a small cut.

Has to be a back.