What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench

Kepaoa joins Panthers, Lisati departs​

Penrith Panthers can confirm that Asu ‘AJ’ Kepaoa will join the club, while Ativalu Lisati will depart the Panthers to take up an offer with another NRL club – both with immediate effect.

After being granted an immediate release from Wests Tigers, Kepaoa has signed with the Panthers until the end of the 2025 season.

24-year-old Kepaoa has played 42 NRL matches since making his first grade debut in 2020.

“We’re extremely pleased to welcome AJ to the club,” Panthers General Manager of Football Shane Elford said.

“AJ is a talented player who we believe will flourish in the Panthers system, and we have confidence this signing will have a positive impact on both him and our club.”

Meanwhile, 23-year-old forward Lisati will depart the Panthers after taking up an offer with another NRL club.

Lisati was a key member of the club’s NSW Cup team over the past three seasons and played an influential role in the side’s 2022 premiership victory.

“Valu has been a great player for our club over the past few years, and made a positive impact on those around him,” Panthers Rugby League CEO Matt Cameron said.

“On behalf of all at Panthers, I’d like to thank Valu for his service and wish him all the best for the future.”

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know why Ivan wants Kepaoa. A centre that plays backrow!

I reckon AJ goes alright, imo centre is his best position. Hes a big body who runs hard so Sheens tried him in the backrow but I always liked him at centre. Biggest issue is definitely his hands, been a bit better this year however still below standard for what you'd want in a first grader.

There's a lot of raw ability there though, hes aggressive and has surprisingly good footwork for a big guy. I have nothing against the bloke and hope he goes well for you.

M
I reckon AJ goes alright, imo centre is his best position. Hes a big body who runs hard so Sheens tried him in the backrow but I always liked him at centre. Biggest issue is definitely his hands, been a bit better this year however still below standard for what you'd want in a first grader.

There's a lot of raw ability there though, hes aggressive and has surprisingly good footwork for a big guy. I have nothing against the bloke and hope he goes well for you.

Some said that about Paul Alamoti

soc123_au

Staff member

How is he defensively? I remember being impressed by a few things he did with the ball when he first came through for you guys, it's hard to tell with the D though given the issues across the team. Haven't paid enough attention to him to see if he is one of the problems or just stuck in a poor system.

Iamback

Coach
How is he defensively? I remember being impressed by a few things he did with the ball when he first came through for you guys, it's hard to tell with the D though given the issues across the team. Haven't paid enough attention to him to see if he is one of the problems or just stuck in a poor system.

No juniors hurts these guys. He looked ok from what I remember seeing

Vic Mackey

Referee

He seemed to struggle more with D on the wing as opposed to centre, however as you say that might be the system. For instance Id rate him over Talau as a centre, who seems to be going ok at manly

He seemed to struggle more with D on the wing as opposed to centre, however as you say that might be the system. For instance Id rate him over Talau as a centre, who seems to be going ok at manly
A great comment attached. Tigers need to play all their games at Campbelltown and have an experience coach behind Benj if they want to persist with him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-12-14-46-47-345_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-12-14-46-47-345_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 30

soc123_au

Staff member
A great comment attached. Tigers need to play all their games at Campbelltown and have an experience coach behind Benj if they want to persist with him.
Brooks at Manly has been talked up way above what he has delivered imo. Still the same player, just now there is enough there that he isn't really the focus. Talau has improved though.

Latest posts