What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Why would Schneider get a release?
He is Nathan’s cover during injury and Origin absence. He filled in solidly earlier in the year.
Don't judge him on the Dragons game. He was rushed back too early and struggled.He will be back.
Don't forget we are losing Luai next year.
Laurie is a better fullback than half.
I would be keeping Schneider.

When Ivan uses a 14. Laurie is perfect for that role, Schneider is perfect for replacing either half that goes down

BxTom

Bench
It’s not just that he wants out but walking around the sheds after the game saying “I can’t wait to get out” is not a great, appears to a big talent though
I think that there is great dislike of Benji by the tigger's players. Cast your mind back 18 months to 2 years ago - there was a leak coming out of Wests. A couple of weeks later Benji was gotten rid of. I think Benji has been playing dirty politics at the club for some time to feather his own nest at the expense of anyone in his way. He is currently publicly blaming the players for their losses. Crawley is calling for his sacking. I agree, Benji isn't a coaches ahole. There again...

Just a matter of time. It there is a God, he'll be sacked in time for Parra to hire him.

Munky

Coach
The Tiger's are obsessed with the 2005 premiership and anyone involved in it.

Imagine if Penrith kept going to Gower or Priddis after they were moved on.

Once Benji is sacked they'll finally be able to cut ties in an operational sense to the 2005 team and coaches.

Their 20th anniversary celebrations next year could be very awkward though.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The Tiger's are obsessed with the 2005 premiership and anyone involved in it.

Imagine if Penrith kept going to Gower or Priddis after they were moved on.

Once Benji is sacked they'll finally be able to cut ties in an operational sense to the 2005 team and coaches.

Their 20th anniversary celebrations next year could be very awkward though.
Wobbie is real problem

Whino

Bench
Talk via Peter Lang on twitter than Daine Laurie is keen to stay. He like many has realised that home is where the heart is.

I believe he has a home here at 14. Can cover all the backs for injuries. Handled himself real well at fullback and is basically an asset. Can see him being 14 once Nathan is back.

Doesn't surprise me. I have heard numerous times from Chammas that Ivan Loves Daine Laurie.

Whino

Bench

NRL Market Watch: Panthers to sign Wests Tigers utility Asu Kepaoa as cover for Taylan May​

Penrith are set to capitalise on the upheaval at the Wests Tigers and secure extra insurance for the potential departure of Taylan May. NRL Market Watch.

Penrith are set to capitalise on the upheaval at the Wests Tigers and secure extra insurance for the potential departure of Taylan May by signing utility Asu Kepaoa with immediate effect.

This masthead understands that Kepaoa will undergo a medical with the Panthers and sign for the remainder of this season as well as next year with the defending premiers after being granted permission by the Tigers to explore the open market.
Kepaoa has made 42 appearances for the Tigers since making his debut four years ago, although only two of those games have been this year.
He played against St George Illawarra in round six off the interchange bench and then against the Dolphins in round 11 from the back row.
He has now become the latest departure as the Tigers undertake a cleanup of their roster in preparation for next season, when they hope to add to the big-name signings of Jarome Luai and Sunia Turuva.
Kepaoa has landed on his feet at the premiers. The 24-year-old will provide cover for both the back row and centres, the latter of particular importance to the Panthers as they prepare to sever ties with May.
The club held a board meeting on Tuesday afternoon where May was given the opportunity to respond to a breach notice he received last week in which the club outlined their plans to sack him over code of conduct concerns.
It is understood the breach notice had nothing to do with domestic violence charges which prompted the NRL to stand down the centre under their no-fault stand-down policy only weeks ago.
May has been in the hotseat multiple times during his short career, including earlier this year when he posted footage on his Instagram account from the passenger seat of a car he was travelling in that exceeded the speed limit in a school zone.

The Panthers had already sounded out the NRL about receiving salary cap dispensation for May should he be stood down for the remainder of the season.

That may not be necessary if they sack him. Kepaoa not only adds to their depth in the outside backs, but gives them additional power in the back row. He is the second Tigers player to join them in recent weeks - back rower Isaiah Papali’i will play for the Panthers next season after being granted an early release from his contract.

Bob

Juniors

NRL Market Watch: Panthers to sign Wests Tigers utility Asu Kepaoa as cover for Taylan May​

Penrith are set to capitalise on the upheaval at the Wests Tigers and secure extra insurance for the potential departure of Taylan May. NRL Market Watch.

Penrith are set to capitalise on the upheaval at the Wests Tigers and secure extra insurance for the potential departure of Taylan May by signing utility Asu Kepaoa with immediate effect.

This masthead understands that Kepaoa will undergo a medical with the Panthers and sign for the remainder of this season as well as next year with the defending premiers after being granted permission by the Tigers to explore the open market.
Kepaoa has made 42 appearances for the Tigers since making his debut four years ago, although only two of those games have been this year.
He played against St George Illawarra in round six off the interchange bench and then against the Dolphins in round 11 from the back row.
He has now become the latest departure as the Tigers undertake a cleanup of their roster in preparation for next season, when they hope to add to the big-name signings of Jarome Luai and Sunia Turuva.
Kepaoa has landed on his feet at the premiers. The 24-year-old will provide cover for both the back row and centres, the latter of particular importance to the Panthers as they prepare to sever ties with May.
The club held a board meeting on Tuesday afternoon where May was given the opportunity to respond to a breach notice he received last week in which the club outlined their plans to sack him over code of conduct concerns.
It is understood the breach notice had nothing to do with domestic violence charges which prompted the NRL to stand down the centre under their no-fault stand-down policy only weeks ago.
May has been in the hotseat multiple times during his short career, including earlier this year when he posted footage on his Instagram account from the passenger seat of a car he was travelling in that exceeded the speed limit in a school zone.

The Panthers had already sounded out the NRL about receiving salary cap dispensation for May should he be stood down for the remainder of the season.

That may not be necessary if they sack him. Kepaoa not only adds to their depth in the outside backs, but gives them additional power in the back row. He is the second Tigers player to join them in recent weeks - back rower Isaiah Papali’i will play for the Panthers next season after being granted an early release from his contract.
Bit of a worry when on the Tigers forum their nickname for him is flippers,

Latest posts