What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

panthersam

Juniors
Before I get blasted for it, I simply make the point the betting odds are meaningless, not saying we can’t win the GF or make the top four just saying whatever odds we are don’t mean anything in the overall scheme of things.

You are right the betting odds are completely meaningless, only designed for betting companies to make money and journalists to have something to talk about/criticise when the odds don’t match up to what actually happens.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is a tough comp. 5% down and the other top 6 teams will take you. Gotta be ruthless and consistent.

And you know I copped a lot of flack for my assessment of our off season.

I have to suck that up, all I ever tried to convey was our off season has been one of considerable pain. A lot of out goings to bring our salary cap into order, releasing players from there contracts early, good loyal servants, or in some instances huge talents going forward.

It was never my intention to portray our situation as being a negative one, I fully understand the dynamics of the salary cap, I was always about we should have done our business better, sooner and have our overall roster settled. I’m just not persuaded it has been our best off season ever as has been alluded too.

Despite what some may suggest I am so looking forward to 2021 even if I remain guarded about our prospects. It is a tough competition. Take nothing for granted.

Smug Panther

First Grade

I have to suck that up, all I ever tried to convey was our off season has been one of considerable pain. A lot of out goings to bring our salary cap into order, releasing players from there contracts early, good loyal servants, or in some instances huge talents going forward.

It was never my intention to portray our situation as being a negative one, I fully understand the dynamics of the salary cap, I was always about we should have done our business better, sooner and have our overall roster settled. I’m just not persuaded it has been our best off season ever as has been alluded too.

Despite what some may suggest I am so looking forward to 2021 even if I remain guarded about our prospects. It is a tough competition. Take nothing for granted.
Even when i think you're wrong I always enjoy your posts here

Kilkenny

Coach
Even when i think you're wrong I always enjoy your posts here

Well your one of the few. Thanks. Your support keeps me going.

I should also say I don’t mind being wrong, or others thinking I am wrong. That is what’s forums such as these are all about. Opinions. I never, ever would suggest I am right and others wrong I only ever post my opinions.

panthersam

Juniors
Well your one of the few. Thanks. Your support keeps me going.

I should also say I don’t mind being wrong, or others thinking I am wrong. That is what’s forums such as these are all about. Opinions. I never, ever would suggest I am right and others wrong I only ever post my opinions.

Last few posts have been great champ! Regardless of whether anyone, everyone or no one agrees with you, the reasoning in/behind these posts will probably get you a lot more support going forward :thumbsup:

WestyLife

First Grade

If you've got an opinion put it out there. We won't always agree but if I wanted my opinion I'd talk to myself instead of come on here.

Kilkenny

Coach
Last few posts have been great champ! Regardless of whether anyone, everyone or no one agrees with you, the reasoning in/behind these posts will probably get you a lot more support going forward :thumbsup:

I turn 60 in July, was present when Manly beat us 70-7 in 1970 whenever it was I love the club, when I pass on I have said to the wife just scatter my ashes on our stadium.

Don’t ever interpret anything I say on here as negative, I am not negative, just trying to be objective even if it doesn’t always come across that way.

It’s all good.

Kilkenny

Coach
If you've got an opinion put it out there. We won't always agree but if I wanted my opinion I'd talk to myself instead of come on here.

Not sure how to address this.

I made a number of posts in which I suggested an opinion that perhaps this hasn’t been our best off season in terms of recruitment and retention.

I suggested we had endured a lot of pain in order to re-sign the likes Chrichton, Luai, Staines, Lenui & Yeo.

I don’t shy away from that.

I still believe we could have done our business better, with less cost and with more dignity.

Given your responses to my posts it is fair to say I was not the most popular person on here and was heavily criticised.

I did get limited support support so thanks to BX Tom and one or two others who went into bat for me.

Other than a major disagreement with Alice over our differences of opinion around Josh Mansour’s exit I have never sought to ever question anyone’s opinions it is not my go.

Still not sure what your asking of me.

GongPanther

Referee
Wanting to keep Mansour over Staines is astounding to me. I see so many more positives for Staines going forward as opposed to a player like Mansour, especially at the respective stages of both careers.

Forget the strike rate of tries he has already produced, the try assist in his debut showed me more than Mansour has in about 5 years. The speed for the initial break, the ability to control his pace perfectly for the support player to catch up to him and then the perfect pass to finish it all off. Compare that to the forward pass from Mansour in the preliminary final lol
I'm making the pilgrimage to the foot of the holy mountain for the clash V Cows. My reason is to witness Stains in his debut game at Penrith Park, and see and hear the crowds reaction when he puts on the afterburners.

This side we have has speed to burn, and I want to be there when they are running hot.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm making the pilgrimage to the foot of the holy mountain for the clash V Cows. My reason is to witness Stains in his debut game at Penrith Park, and see and hear the crowds reaction when he puts on the afterburners.

This side we have has speed to burn, and I want to be there when they are running hot.

where are you coming down from again. Or up from.

Fangs

Coach

Great point. He hasn't had a home game.

Some great memories of guys like Beckett sitting on the corner of the field. Lewis/Rooney under the high ball. Even guys like Rieck, Hicks and Howland.

I'll say that Staines is probably the most exciting winger we have had since Amos Roberts. Wonder how long he will stay on the wing for.

GongPanther

Referee
We offered Tamou an extension. He wanted more than just the single season.

Medium to long term Leinu is a better option. That is the way footy works
Tamou cut off his nose to spite his face, and in doing so, shut the window to a potential premiership.

I can't understand the logic of him not playing for us for another year. It's not like someone wouldn't have picked him up next season. Maybe his manager saw the smaller picture.

panthersam

Juniors

I hadn’t even thought about the fact that he hadn’t played a game at Panthers Stadium yet, the crowd is going to go absolutely mental every time this young man crosses the try line!

I’ll be at the game, I’m hoping we can see and cheer for him for scoring multiple tries like his mates were all lucky enough to do in his debut :clap:

panthersam

Juniors
Great point. He hasn't had a home game.

Some great memories of guys like Beckett sitting on the corner of the field. Lewis/Rooney under the high ball. Even guys like Rieck, Hicks and Howland.

I'll say that Staines is probably the most exciting winger we have had since Amos Roberts. Wonder how long he will stay on the wing for.

The most exciting part besides the fact that it seems he will be able to match if not better the speed of all those players mentioned, is that his skills with ball in hand will probably be higher than all of them too - definitely think he will end up as our fullback probably sooner than later