What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
Alamoti is living at home while playing with us to save money.

Players won't have the family support over there, So not sure any player with options is taking that contract.

Cows, Canberra etc have the same issues
When you're a foreigner with some potential, and getting paid double what your worth, I'm sure they'll make it work

maple_69

Bench
Cleary is a defence first coach and Laurie will be a liability in the line. He’s deputised Edwards admirably but even in those couple games, he did not organise our defence nearly as well as Dyl. Great bloke and love him as a back up or option off the bench to bring some spark (hopefully more than just injury cover also) but it would be a huge departure for Ivan.

I reckon if Tago can’t show improvement this week, Nath comes back, Tago is dropped and Cole takes the centre spot for a few weeks to see what happens. If Tago can earn it back great, if not he has a shoot out with the next Critta for his jumper next year.

Girds89

Bench
He’s an excellent winger also

What?? Lol. Whens the last time he played wing?

All his games in the top flight hsve been 1 or 6 or 14.

Virtually all his nsw cup games have been the same.

He was always a 1 coming through.

Not sure how anyway can say hes an excellent winger when he has barely played there ever in his career and none in the top flight.

Hed be the smallest winger in the comp.

Hes a 1 or 6. No two ways about it to suggest hes an excellent winger is a crazy statement.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Not sure how anyway can say hes an excellent winger when he has barely played there ever in his career and none in the top flight.

Hes a 1 or 6. No two ways about it to suggest hes an excellent winger is a crazy statement.
Luke gets to watch a fair bit of the lower grades so I didn't push back but yeah I can only see Laurie getting monstered out wide.

Girds89

Bench
Its why i was super vocal at the time when we let him leave and kept staines.

Yourself and others wanted staines because you thought he was a better ball playing fb then dyl.

He never was better at ball playing then laurie. And laurie was just as quick as him. I believe bsck in flegg they used to run the 100m and finish neck and neck. Laurie is proper evasive though and has great footwork. A decent short kicking game. He had sooo much more going for him the staines.

It took charlie several years of baulking up before he stopped getting dominated on the wing. Now hes 91kgs and hes more confident there but hes hardly killing it. Hell likely go to sl at some point id say.

Laurie is 83kgs right now.... Even if he was to play wing itd take a good 2 or 3 years of adding bulk to get to 90 odd plus kilos.

But again, hes never played wing. 99% of his games in flegg cup and nrl have been 1 or 6

Girds89

Bench
You can be a bit lighter at fb.

You can use your speed and evasiveness against bigger middles who are less mobile and fatigued.

Bringing kicks back on the wing or taking the first hit up of the set after a kick your running it back into a set line and usually bringing it back off the sideline so youre running at other wingers, centres 2nd rowers etc.

Its completely different.

Yes hed been fine catching etc but id argue defending on the wing would be even harder for him then defending at 6. At least at 6 you have a bloke either side of you to help.

Imagine him trying to stop a flying 100kg+ winger one on one.

Honestly if he was 14 and too or turuva went off mid game injured id move dyl to the wing and put him fb.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Well you need to watch more footy by the sounds of it.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Yourself and others wanted staines because you thought he was a better ball playing fb then dyl.

He never was better at ball playing then laurie. And laurie was just as quick as him. I believe bsck in flegg they used to run the 100m and finish neck and neck. Laurie is proper evasive though and has great footwork. A decent short kicking game. He had sooo much more going for him the staines.

It took charlie several years of baulking up before he stopped getting dominated on the wing. Now hes 91kgs and hes more confident there but hes hardly killing it. Hell likely go to sl at some point id say.

Laurie is 83kgs right now.... Even if he was to play wing itd take a good 2 or 3 years of adding bulk to get to 90 odd plus kilos.

But again, hes never played wing. 99% of his games in flegg cup and nrl have been 1 or 6
The club agreed with me 😉 haha. We both got that wrong

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Laurie is heavier than 83kg.

where did you get that from?? Wikipedia ?

This is why we kept Staines over him, though Laurie was always a better talent. He is also wasted at 14 if he is only been given 5 mins a game if that.

Latest posts