What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Nothing if Nathan stays fit but without him it will get very ugly imo.

Not sure having a 9 with no ballplaying ability and Dyl who's only just gotten to a passable level on that front is workable
Kenny offers plenty in attack, Cleary’s GF winning try set, was a Dummy master class.

I wouldn’t swap Kenny for any other hooker, he fits our system so well.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mate, I have used all of my ‘Get out of Hang-Over Free’ cards already in my life; I only need to look at a beer now to have a disrupted night’s sleep and a headache the next morning!

One questions why I would drink alcohol at all anymore, but it does quieten the voices for a few hours.
I’m starting to feel the same! Not that I get to hit the piss that much anymore.

Fangs

Coach
I’m starting to feel the same! Not that I get to hit the piss that much anymore.

That will change for many at the prelim in a fortnight.

Best way to avoid a hangover of course to abstain from drinking. Though I'd recommend charcoal tablets if you can't help yourself. That and hydralyte does a pretty good job IMO.

maple_69

Bench
With two senior guys moving on I think the last thing we can afford to do is screw around with Kenny. He is what he is, a great value hooker that plays his role well. He might not offer a stack more but I think it’s worth noting he has added to his game pretty steadily every year since he was converted into a hooker. This year he’s started running, sparingly but it’s a step. He’s a sharp dude and best mates with Nath. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was one of those guys like Edwards that we see just continue to improve year on year until suddenly he’s the best hooker in the game.

Iamback

Coach
The replacement will have to learn to fit the system it doesn't change for the players.

The system has changed though. Cleary plays both sides which he didn't do last year.

No one can do what Kiks did so we evolved.

We even tried Laurie on the wing for a games this year

We have to evolve again to fit Luai's replacement strength. If they can't kick as good then what?

Talagi for example played right side in juniors. Luai's left. Luai also is a left foot kicker

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The system has changed though. Cleary plays both sides which he didn't do last year.

No one can do what Kiks did so we evolved.

We even tried Laurie on the wing for a games this year

We have to evolve again to fit Luai's replacement strength. If they can't kick as good then what?

Talagi for example played right side in juniors. Luai's left. Luai also is a left foot kicker
We are talking about two different things.

What the halves do within our the attacking system is up to them.

Latest posts