What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
I see Capes as a set and forget 80min edge back rower.

I honestly think Martin’s future is in the middle, for mine, he starts on the bench but I believe he’ll be close to a starting front rower by mid-season. If not, it will only because he’s put enough pressure on Leota to keep his spot.

Just my thoughts really. I think that’s the only real decision Ivan has to make. The rest of the team is pretty set.
Ivan has openly said he views Martin's future in the middle but down the track once he loses some speed. Capewell is forcing him do it early.

murraymob

Coach
Latest now is fisher Harris is next on the list to extend .Less worried about him it would take a huge offer to move him.Getting the last lot will have that domino effect of players wanting to stay

Kilkenny

Coach
Ivan has openly said he views Martin's future in the middle but down the track once he loses some speed. Capewell is forcing him do it early.

Liam Martin is a youngster, he’s not going to lose any speed for some years. .

Liam Martin is a super talent, I thought he was really good last night.

Kilkenny

Coach
I watched the NSW cup trial last night and while Tanner and others had a dig, red hot go, I didn’t see NRL quality.

We have a real issue in the front row. If our main stays stay fit and healthy we can probably get by but if JFH gets injured we are in a world of hurt.

WestyLife

First Grade
I watched the NSW cup trial last night and while Tanner and others had a dig, red hot go, I didn’t see NRL quality.

We have a real issue in the front row. If our main stays stay fit and healthy we can probably get by but if JFH gets injured we are in a world of hurt.

Martin, Eisenhuth, Hopgood, Sorensen can fill out the prop rotation if injuries happen. If you become so desperate you can put Kikau there if it's worst case scenario.

Kilkenny

Coach
Never thought I would say this but after last night I kind of think maybe we should be more accomodating towards an exchange in letting Matt Burton leave early. We are seriously light on in the front row and much as I don’t rate Dylan Napa I just think his inclusion into our squad may offer more than Matt Burton who won’t play NRL unless Nathan or Jerome sustain injury. We are a big bopper short in the front row. Unless we address the issue it really has the potential to derail our season.

Yes 100% correct. We won’t win the comp with that front row rotation. Sorensen is Nsw cup standard at best. Lindsay Smith needs 18 months in NSW Cup.

Kilkenny

Coach
Lindsay Smith is another. Obviously, Ivan, and co, rate him considering Lindsay was elevated straight into the top side.

We all rate the kid, he may in time turn out to develop into an NRL front rower but it is obvious he is a year or two away.

Sugar coat our situation any way you like but we really our light on in the front row.

Girds89

Bench
Martin, Eisenhuth, Hopgood, Sorensen can fill out the prop rotation if injuries happen. If you become so desperate you can put Kikau there if it's worst case scenario.

Sorensen is a 2nd rower lock, yeah he plays direct but he is small. 100kgs.

Hopgood looked fantastic but see above. Quite small. One thing being fantastic in a trial, another taking hit ups into big packs.

Lindsay Smith has a lot of filling out to do and needs another full season on bulking up. Definitely not physically fully developed.

Martin and kikau are both fantastic on an edge not and a huge part of our attack. Not sure id be keen on moving either.

Eisenhuth is a plodder.

Penrith should have tried to get Ben Murdoch Masila back. He was up there with best players in super league last few seasons, is big,mobile, has a decent engine and good offload. One of warriors best in there trial too apparently.

Need to be in the market for a player that fits the above mould. Look to super league. Plenty of players of there who would be a good back up and looking for another chance.

We need another front rower cause if JfH does go down, unfortunately westys solution won't get us to a premiership or close. Its the one part of our roster that needs to be urgently addressed.

Girds89

Bench
Players like Sorensen, Eisenhuth etc can do a job a week here and there but if one of Leniu, leota or jfh goes down for a substantial period, we will need more than a fill in.

Jane Murray

Bench
We all rate the kid, he may in time turn out to develop into an NRL front rower but it is obvious he is a year or two away.

Sugar coat our situation any way you like but we really our light on in the front row.
I prefer to trust Ivan, and co, after all they know better than what we do. Also, it appears, that you are negative. We will be fine.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Never thought I would say this but after last night I kind of think maybe we should be more accomodating towards an exchange in letting Matt Burton leave early. We are seriously light on in the front row and much as I don’t rate Dylan Napa I just think his inclusion into our squad may offer more than Matt Burton who won’t play NRL unless Nathan or Jerome sustain injury. We are a big bopper short in the front row. Unless we address the issue it really has the potential to derail our season.
No reason to go early. Wait for the right deal. If a prop goes down we can still win the comp, if Nathan does its all over. Might not even make the finals without Nathan/ Burton

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe so, however, we have adequate coverage.

We will be fine.

Jane, we really won’t be fine and dandy. A major injury to JFH or Spencer or Moses and seriously we are In trouble.

Seriously, watching both trials, last week and last night I can see our Achilles heel. It is just so obvious it is rather sad.

It’s all fine to think Sorensen or Martin or Yeo or Kikau can step into a void but it is not ideal.

I had a conversation today over a Shiraz lunch, with a non Panther fan, who just basically confirmed what is obvious.

This guy is an astute judge and he expressed the view we are seriously lacking up front and at the end of the day it was hard to argue against him.

Jane Murray

Bench
Jane, we really won’t be fine and dandy. A major injury to JFH or Spencer or Moses and seriously we are In trouble.

Seriously, watching both trials, last week and last night I can see our Achilles heel. It is just so obvious it is rather sad.

It’s all fine to think Sorensen or Martin or Yeo or Kikau can step into a void but it is not ideal.

I had a conversation today over a Shiraz lunch, with a non Panther fan, who just basically confirmed what is obvious.

This guy is an astute judge and he expressed the view we are seriously lacking up front and at the end of the day it was hard to argue against him.
Enjoy being a Kevin. I have trust in the powers to be.

Latest posts