What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Yes he was there last season. They are in a rebuild. Ours took years. The original point though is about their desperation which is true and for good reason.

Thompson in to partner Hetherington, Napa out, Burton at 6 is much better than what they have and will win them some games this year. The desperation is understandable is all I'm saying. We were once.

That's a big possibility.

Every team should be desperate to improve tbh. Being so desperate to bring in a rookie half is just not a good sign for them imo. They aren't getting him from us without giving up something that will weaken them in any case, I mean we want a middle and they are already thin there. Getting Burton might end up sending them backwards if they give up one of their middle forwards.

Jane Murray

Bench
Every team should be desperate to improve tbh. Being so desperate to bring in a rookie half is just not a good sign for them imo. They aren't getting him from us without giving up something that will weaken them in any case, I mean we want a middle and they are already thin there. Getting Burton might end up sending them backwards if they give up one of their middle forwards.
Factor in that their public pleading is also not a good look. It makes them appear desperate, and they are, and it will not be good for morale within their players.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
They went hard for Spencer and pushed his price up.
We owe them nothing.
I understand they are going through a rebuild. But a rookie half won't help now when you have a bunch of shirt grabbers and no hooker.

Yep probably a big reason we lost Tetevano. Their rebuild has only just started since they only just managed to free some cap space to buy players for this year and going forward. They need to look at their player development and start trying to improve that because they have been terrible in that area for years. All the top sides this season have a lot of players that came through their lower grades, you arent going to be a consistently competitive club unless you can turn young talent into good NRL players.

Jane Murray

Bench
The only thing I dislike is the emotional appeals in regards to doing right by the player. They don't want that either that just want to fix the roster.

Yep, there's nothing like an attempted guilt trip.

Yep probably a big reason we lost Tetevano. Their rebuild has only just started since they only just managed to free some cap space to buy players for this year and going forward. They need to look at their player development and start trying to improve that because they have been terrible in that area for years. All the top sides this season have a lot of players that came through their lower grades, you arent going to be a consistently competitive club unless you can turn young talent into good NRL players.

Our side on Saturday, only three players were non juniors.

Hooked

Juniors
I don't like 5 year deals. Too much risk. One serious injury early on and you could be in trouble.
I prefer 2-3 year deals. If anything happens you are not tired down long-term. Plus it keeps the player hungry if he has to play for a new deal every few years.

BxTom

Bench
I don't like 5 year deals. Too much risk. One serious injury early on and you could be in trouble.
I prefer 2-3 year deals. If anything happens you are not tired down long-term. Plus it keeps the player hungry if he has to play for a new deal every few years.
Added to that is that if we get a young rookie come through who can produce the goods at a lot less pay gives us room in the cap...

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm not normally a fan of 5 year deals. Nathan's one is panning out fine so far. The others I think are worth the punt on a long term deal are Fish & Yeo. Both are pure pros the way they go about their business.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not normally a fan of 5 year deals. Nathan's one is panning out fine so far. The others I think are worth the punt on a long term deal are Fish & Yeo. Both are pure pros the way they go about their business.

Yeo is probably a bit risky due to his head knocks but you add all things up and that is correct

Latest posts