What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m sorry I just don’t understand the whole narrative around talking our plays down. I really don’t get it, I’ll leave it there otherwise I’ll get my self in trouble.

The Realist

Juniors
Worth seeing if the peach wants to come back for 2 seasons at 200k a year?

Hes not getting much interest. Could be a cheap pick up.

Given we might be a tad light on in the backrow next year it would be an ok signing at a cheap price.

Always lived the peach and whikst hes best days are behind him i think hed still have a fair bit to offer playing behind a dominat side..

If we could get him for 200 for a year with an option for a 2nd it might be enough to entince him to come back and win a comp before retiring.

Hes remanined largely serious injury free so body should be in good shape and he hasnt lost to much speed.

I like Peachey as well and was sad to see him leave but he is completely unsuited to our current team structure. To me he is a 13, a 14 or nothing. If May were to leave I would take him, replacing one Tyrone with another :D

Otherwise I would have May, because even though he is not as dynamic as Peachey is - he doesn't have problems with defence. Peachey is a very slack defender and our team has very little room for a player like that.

Kilkenny

Coach
I like Peachey as well and was sad to see him leave but he is completely unsuited to our current team structure. To me he is a 13, a 14 or nothing. If May were to leave I would take him, replacing one Tyrone with another :D

Otherwise I would have May, because even though he is not as dynamic as Peachey is - he doesn't have problems with defence. Peachey is a very slack defender and our team has very little room for a player like that.
May has been re-signed for one season as I thought I read somewhere sometime back.

For all the hate Tyrone May gets on here, week in week out, as a utility he just does the job asked of him. Again on the weekend according to the Panthers website he made 24 tackles with no misses. He seems to have a tackle efficiency of 100% most weeks.

I know most don’t agree but I think he has been invaluable for us post SOO with the injuries to Jerome and Nathan.

I understand the situation around the sex tape situation but he was punished, banished from the game for an extended period and since his return has done everything asked of him From our team’s perspective.

It is clear he is going to be our utility number 14 going into the play offs so we need to back him and so hope he delivers. I think he will he is a natural footy player.

Girds89

Bench
Crichton will take Burton's spot

Crichton will take Burton's spot Momo will stay on the right.

Cordner and Martin aren't like for like, Cordner is taller and lighter for starters. However the biggest difference is Tedesco played in all the sides Cordner did, We have a right side that is for the most part useless. They do score but it is off a kick or someone doing something special, Like Momo's kicks in.

We very likely lose Kikau, then have no forwards that can do anything. So as I see it, We need to find an edge forward or 2 that can offer something or some lean years will follow.

There will be cheapies to come onto the market from elsewhere but from the guys without a deal Jack Gowieski is closest to fitting the edge role.
Martins 4cm shorter and 1kg heavier than cordner was. Hes 25 start of next year so is fully grown.

They are extremley similar. If anything martin probably has a bit more leg speed.

Our right side has cleary. Who has become arguably the best player in the world.

Im sure we will start to see the right click next year.

With the depth we have in the front row and the lack of in the 2nd, he will be there all year.

TheRiff

Juniors
I’m sorry I just don’t understand the whole narrative around talking our plays down. I really don’t get it, I’ll leave it there otherwise I’ll get my self in trouble.

It isn't talking a player down, different players are better at different roles

TheRiff

Juniors
Martins 4cm shorter and 1kg heavier than cordner was. Hes 25 start of next year so is fully grown.

They are extremley similar. If anything martin probably has a bit more leg speed.

Our right side has cleary. Who has become arguably the best player in the world.

Im sure we will start to see the right click next year.

With the depth we have in the front row and the lack of in the 2nd, he will be there all year.
Cleary has always been on the Right, Right has been the issue for a while. 2019 Ivan split up the Kikau/Blake partnership that worked well, Last season May ended up on the Right. This season various different combinations have been tried and still not sorted.

I wish it was as easy as just clicking

snickers007

Juniors
Cleary has always been on the Right, Right has been the issue for a while. 2019 Ivan split up the Kikau/Blake partnership that worked well, Last season May ended up on the Right. This season various different combinations have been tried and still not sorted.

I wish it was as easy as just clicking

You've convinced me. Cleary's gotta go, dude is a trash footballer. Put the 7 on TMay's back again. :p

Kev07

Juniors
May has been re-signed for one season as I thought I read somewhere sometime back.

For all the hate Tyrone May gets on here, week in week out, as a utility he just does the job asked of him. Again on the weekend according to the Panthers website he made 24 tackles with no misses. He seems to have a tackle efficiency of 100% most weeks.

I know most don’t agree but I think he has been invaluable for us post SOO with the injuries to Jerome and Nathan.

I understand the situation around the sex tape situation but he was punished, banished from the game for an extended period and since his return has done everything asked of him From our team’s perspective.

It is clear he is going to be our utility number 14 going into the play offs so we need to back him and so hope he delivers. I think he will he is a natural footy player.
He might be out this week and rest of season as he has reinjured his knee.

BxTom

Bench

I could see Peachey at Wests. They don't have any drawing power...

The Realist

Juniors
I could see Peachey at Wests. They don't have any drawing power...

A team like that needs a player that has some 'spark', that can create something out of nothing so that their offense is at least a little unpredictable. The halves and hooker that they currently have on their books just don't have any of that in them, and their structured play is no better.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Peach was a great fit for our squad pre-2020. The arrival of Korisau and the massive improvement from Cleary and others has us playing a style of football I have never seen Penrith play before (Not well at least. We were 'structured' under Elliott, we were just absolutely dogshit in that system).

He'd be a good acquisition if he can keep it simple and play by the rules. Similar to what TPJ is doing for us at the moment. Not trying to win the game by himself, just doing a job. He'd also be accepting less cash

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Well said Kilkenny May Like it or not is a good utility for our team. Can play most positions on the footy field. Perhaps even front rower at a pinch.

He works well within our team structure. I'm sick of the continual reference to the sex tape scandal. In many respects May took a dive for a team thing. He's had his day in court, had his sentence passed down. Did the time.

Peachy is not a fit for the team in 2021-2022. Too expensive, Tago will fit into Capewell's place, or it will be someone other journeyman from the bargain basket outside the shop when rugby league players are sold.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well said Kilkenny May Like it or not is a good utility for our team. Can play most positions on the footy field. Perhaps even front rower at a pinch.

He works well within our team structure. I'm sick of the continual reference to the sex tape scandal. In many respects May took a dive for a team thing. He's had his day in court, had his sentence passed down. Did the time.

Peachy is not a fit for the team in 2021-2022. Too expensive, Tago will fit into Capewell's place, or it will be someone other journeyman from the bargain basket outside the shop when rugby league players are sold.
Tyrone owns the recording of the sex tape scandal and he has been punished accordingly, rightfully so.

The person who chose to further distribute the tape has never been made known, if indeed it is known. Shame, because that person should have been held to account. It’s not going to happen now sadly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tyrone owns the recording of the sex tape scandal and he has been punished accordingly, rightfully so.

The person who chose to further distribute the tape has never been made known, if indeed it is known. Shame, because that person should have been held to account. It’s not going to happen now sadly.

Exactly.

I believe the sex tape was recorded on Tyrone's phone. Hence him front and centre.

The loser who thought it 'amusing' to distribute the tapes, as bad as those who particiaped in it. I hope someday he's brought to account, although with the passing of time extremely unlikely.

Original Name

Juniors
I don't think he's style we need, Sorensen plays the same and is cheaper
Sorenson is not as big as Sims. The quicker play style has (in part) brought Sorenson into the game and allowed him to really shine, before that he was a journey man. Whereas Sims has always been big and aggressive enough to be a pretty upper tier second rower. It's a bit of a difference, between Sorenson a journeyman with an incredible work ethic but wasn't talented enough to be a regular first grader previously and Sims a guy who was a standout for NSW in the last Origin series.

Last edited: