What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

DinkyDi

Juniors
I think we need to get a cheap solid half as a fill in for Cleary and Luai as Burton's going and T May is a shocking half.. Maybe someone like Lachlan Lewis or even Benji?

Kikau will go and Capewells gone so that leaves massive attack and hard hitting in our backrow. They really should be turning Spencer Leniu into a backrower! Some reason the bloke struggles to keep his fitness up but he runs it harder and more aggressive than Martin Lang.

If we don't win the title this year or next year I think our window will slowly close! We will be competitive but the next two years it's ours to win.
Due to the infamous speaker fiasco, the NRL has threatened not to register any future contract for Lachlan Lewis.

TheRiff

Juniors
Exactly. Also have the world's best winger and Critter on overs (at this point)

I don't see us re-signing all 4 off contract, Crichton may end up in the 1. At which case the need for an ex factor edge backrower will be less. That said our premiership window is the next 2 years, We will be a Top 8 side though

TheRiff

Juniors
This is our year to win the comp, it's going to get harder and harder with our rep players now. I'd be looking to steal a few gun juniors for Kikau. This is how we stay in the top 4 long term
There is a few potential guns, Just need another pre-season to re-assess

Who are you going to get who’s half as effective as Kiks? There’s a real lack of quality edge back rowers in the comp at the moment. Other then the young Manly pair, there’s no one else I’d consider in place of Kiks.

No Kiks and Burton on that left hand edge next year and Luai will be swamped everytime he gets the ball.
There will be no incentive to move Kiks on next year unless we get something in return.

This is our year to win the comp, it's going to get harder and harder with our rep players now. I'd be looking to steal a few gun juniors for Kikau. This is how we stay in the top 4 long term
The cows have some really athletic, young backrowers if they want to do a swap and get Kilauea early.

The Saints have this young guy called Billy Burns; he seems to go alright.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
What about a straight swap Kikau for Simms? Pretty sure that's been stated already. I'd take Simms and maybe a young up and coming back line player off them, they have afew good young players coming through atm the drags

What about a straight swap Kikau for Simms? Pretty sure that's been stated already. I'd take Simms and maybe a young up and coming back line player off them, they have afew good young players coming through atm the drags
Unless Sims is going to stay beyond 2022 (which I don’t think will happen as he will get much better money elsewhere) my view would be just run with what we have (ie Kiks for at least 2022).

mxlegend99

Referee
Regardless that’s the market as witnessed by Reynolds getting $800k+ and Townsend getting $750k+.
Reynolds at $800k is fair. Well below the $1.2m Ben Hunt signed.

Townsend getting anything more than minimum wage just blows my mind. I know he's experienced. But experience counts for nothing when you can't manage a game... Even when you have a winnable lead with no time on the clock.

But in general the halves market for $1m players has stabilised a bit. Probably thanks to a few flops on that money.

Atleast until Nathan is on the market again. Can see desperate clubs throwing $1.4m+ at him.

Girds89

Bench
Bj leilua at a cheap enough price for a 12 month contract could be worth a shot.

He knows its his last oppurtunity.

Hasnt been at his best at the tigers but who has under madge!!

Ivan has showed he can get the best out of these sorts of guys and it was only 3 or so years ago that he was killing it every week for the raiders.

I think you could play him at 2nd row to give kiks and martin a break. Obviously hed need to get fit but as i say, for the right price (under 200k),could be worth the risk given the possible reward.

Hes a very experienced nrl player who i think would buy into what our teams about. he is strong, has an offload and when he gets it right hes almost unstoppable.

Only 29. Could be worth a shot and if he goes ok in the 2nd row might be able to take kiks spot if we lose him?

I know hes a bit of an idiot and can do a few stupid things on the field but for a one year deal on minimum money it might be worth a risk given what he is capable of and i think panthers would be one of the better clubs to get the best out of himself. Hes samoan so should fit in with luai and co and if he can buy in to their positive attitude who knows.

If it doesnt work out could get rid of him but if he has a good year and really does well in the 2nd row it could make losing kiks a bit easier to take given he is a similar sort of player.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Bj leilua at a cheap enough price for a 12 month contract could be worth a shot.

He knows its his last oppurtunity.

Hasnt been at his best at the tigers but who has under madge!!

Ivan has showed he can get the best out of these sorts of guys and it was only 3 or so years ago that he was killing it every week for the raiders.

I think you could play him at 2nd row to give kiks and martin a break. Obviously hed need to get fit but as i say, for the right price (under 200k),could be worth the risk given the possible reward.

Hes a very experienced nrl player who i think would buy into what our teams about. he is strong, has an offload and when he gets it right hes almost unstoppable.

Only 29. Could be worth a shot and if he goes ok in the 2nd row might be able to take kiks spot if we lose him?

I know hes a bit of an idiot and can do a few stupid things on the field but for a one year deal on minimum money it might be worth a risk given what he is capable of and i think panthers would be one of the better clubs to get the best out of himself. Hes samoan so should fit in with luai and co and if he can buy in to their positive attitude who knows.

If it doesnt work out could get rid of him but if he has a good year and really does well in the 2nd row it could make losing kiks a bit easier to take given he is a similar sort of player.
God no

Girds89

Bench
I still think theres good footy in bj.

You dont just lose ability.

I just dont think he ever bought into what madge was about and hes struggled there like virtually every player under madge. Look at tamou. Wss in career bewt form at penrith and turned to shit under madge.

You dont play 225 nrl games and score almost 100 tries without being a good footy player.

I know its a risk but for minimum coin i think the reward is huge if he can get back to where he wws at canberra in 2019 etc.

DinkyDi

Juniors

I just dont think he ever bought into what madge was about and hes struggled there like virtually every player under madge. Look at tamou. Wss in career bewt form at penrith and turned to shit under madge.

You dont play 225 nrl games and score almost 100 tries without being a good footy player.

I know its a risk but for minimum coin i think the reward is huge if he can get back to where he wws at canberra in 2019 etc.
He is a lose cannon.

snickers007

Juniors

I read somewhere recently that he plans on putting on 5kg+ and transform himself into a front-rower.
Honestly don't think he has the mental or physical attributes to play prop.

And we're also flush with front-rowers in our squad.

Maybe if he lost 5kg+ he could get back to his best, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
BJ could work and probably worth a risk to see what he can do for minimum pay...his brothers a gun backrower. Unfortunately though you don't want to put a bad apple in a happy winning squad.
Panthers I think could make anyone look good with Cleary and Luai in the halves, Kenny, Sorenson, T May and Eisenuth look alot better under our system but if they go somewhere else they'll flop.

That macgoooooolias fella from the sharks would be a good buy.. shame TPJ doesn't just stay on.

Girds89

Bench
TPJ hasnt exactly been a saint in his career.

Was it last year he got fined massivley for multiple covid breaches putting the game at risk? Including going to hang out with his bikie mates...

BJ does some dumb stuff on the footy field but i tend to think hed fit in well with all our samoan boys here and i reckon under ivan itd be worth giving him a crack for cheap or even better if the tigers will foot some of the bill.

At his best he is extremley difficult to handle and has a good offload. He can score a try and has a lot of experience.

Could be worth a shot for 1-2 seasons until Geyer comes through.

maple_69

Bench
One guy that I think could be a good fit for us is Billy Magoulias. Heap of talent, hasn't put the performances on the field yet but might just need the right environment to realise the potential. If he wants to put himself into a good situation to kick start his career we could probably get him cheap. Cronulla has been a good hunting ground for value edge pick ups for us lately.

Latest posts