What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly have Tom Turbo who is top 3 player in the game. and if Cleary is the top 7. DCE is 2 and they can't get it done against the top sides due to no hooker or spark from backrow.

They will be a totally different side when Schuster is back doing his thing on the edge there

Manlys issue for mine is the forwards. Theyd all need to be fit to be good. This year Okoloutu, Schuster, Tapau, Alioi all been missing along with others who are less important .
Once they are all fit along with Turbo its a different side. They just lack depth and once have a few injuries they can't over come that.

Iamback

Coach
Manlys issue for mine is the forwards. Theyd all need to be fit to be good. This year Okoloutu, Schuster, Tapau, Alioi all been missing along with others who are less important .
Once they are all fit along with Turbo its a different side. They just lack depth and once have a few injuries they can't over come that.

You saw last night the difference Schuster makes granted. The issue last year was too one dimensional to trouble top teams.

They need someone in the spine with x factor. Too easy to shutdown

hindy111

Post Whore
You saw last night the difference Schuster makes granted. The issue last year was too one dimensional to trouble top teams.

They need someone in the spine with x factor. Too easy to shutdown

You don't think Turbo has x factor? Interesting.

I feel Manlys problem isn't attack. Its just defense and patience. Even last night they could of went into halftime ahead but Marty pops a dumb ball.

Alioi, Davey and Okolotutu add a bit to the side I feel. They have some good young talent also. I like that Koula kid and the young winger also. Saab needs to go.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There a reason he the 3rd choice halfback for the kangaroos

he’d make a alright hooker but as a halfback he is so far behind DCE and Moses

Oh darling, are mummy and daddy allowing you to have some 'screen time'. Now just remember stay on sites which are G rated. In keeping with your cognition level.

DinkyDi

Juniors

Nathan defecates on both DCE and Moses, from a considerable distance. DCE, and Moses, are both flat track bullies.

Iamback

Coach
You don't think Turbo has x factor? Interesting.

I feel Manlys problem isn't attack. Its just defense and patience. Even last night they could of went into halftime ahead but Marty pops a dumb ball.

Alioi, Davey and Okolotutu add a bit to the side I feel. They have some good young talent also. I like that Koula kid and the young winger also. Saab needs to go.

Turbo does but is too easy to keep a fullback out of play.

BxTom

Bench
In saying this I think Burton would’ve been an excellent choice next to Cleary if we didn’t have Luai. Burton is still very new to playmaking, not just in FG but in his whole footy career. Next to Cleary I think he would‘ve done well.
He would have benefited playing next to Cleary just as Cleary did playing next to Maloney. Cleary, I would think, would be a good mentor - especially discipline wise.

Pomoz

Bench
The strategy of Soward/Wallace/Maloney to run the team while Cleary learns his trade was a sound one. Cleary now plays in a dinner suit, picking his moments to make a play. It takes time to get good enough to always seem to have time on your hands.

Likewise, Burton really needed an experienced player to partner him, instead he has a revolving roster of newbies. He has been thrown in the deep end and chucked an anvil.

Smug Panther

First Grade
The strategy of Soward/Wallace/Maloney to run the team while Cleary learns his trade was a sound one. Cleary now plays in a dinner suit, picking his moments to make a play. It takes time to get good enough to always seem to have time on your hands.

Likewise, Burton really needed an experienced player to partner him, instead he has a revolving roster of newbies. He has been thrown in the deep end and chucked an anvil.
I wouldn't describe Nathan's game that way at all, puts his body on the line at all times. The opposite of Jimmy and Soward. Nathan wouldn't even stop running or hitting with full force with his shoulder hanging by a thread last year

Pomoz

Bench
I wouldn't describe Nathan's game that way at all, puts his body on the line at all times. The opposite of Jimmy and Soward. Nathan wouldn't even stop running or hitting with full force with his shoulder hanging by a thread last year
Well Maloney always put his body on the line. The trouble was he weighed less than my missus and she is probably stronger. Its line ball who talks the most......

As for Cleary, I was referring to attack not defence. He is aggressive in defence and probably the best half in defence in the NRL. But in attack, Cleary is now playing in a dinner suit, languidly and cooly making plays. In the last two weeks he has basically won us both games and playing as though he has all the time in the world. The defences have tried to rush him in the last two weeks, charging up on the outside cutting of his options. He has just dissected them with perfectly placed kicks. He looks like he is playing a game of chess.

Well Maloney always put his body on the line. The trouble was he weighed less than my missus and she is probably stronger. Its line ball who talks the most......

As for Cleary, I was referring to attack not defence. He is aggressive in defence and probably the best half in defence in the NRL. But in attack, Cleary is now playing in a dinner suit, languidly and cooly making plays. In the last two weeks he has basically won us both games and playing as though he has all the time in the world. The defences have tried to rush him in the last two weeks, charging up on the outside cutting of his options. He has just dissected them with perfectly placed kicks. He looks like he is playing a game of chess.
He’s definitely playing well the last few weeks having taken a little while to work out the rust.

I actually think he is taking on the line more this year; shows can we all watch the same game and see different things.

age.s

First Grade

I always saw the term "playing in a dinner suit" to have an element of the other team not laying a finger on the player. Luke Walsh played in a dinner suit, because he would only run the ball when he was guaranteed to not get hit. Nath will get dirty in attack and although his running game isn't as threatening as his other skills, using it as regularly as he does keeps the defense watching, which in turn gives him a bit more time.

I see what you mean though and I agree. Cleary has developed into someone who always seems to have a lot of space. Yeo and Api contribute a great deal to that, but Nath routinely making good decisions amplifies the effect.

mxlegend99

Referee

Moses got schooled by Chad Townsend.

He would be a good fit for Australia against the lesser nations as he's a flat track bully.

But he would go missing against the tier 1 nations just like he did when he lost NSW game 3 last year after Cleary and Luai had already covered the for and against for the most dominant origin series victory ever.