What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
Do we realistically lose any of the games so far this season with Api out? I doubt it. Not to say Api hasn’t been huge but I think the gap to all those teams is pretty large. Maybe one of them gets us. Do we feel confident against the Eels next week (without Mahoney/Papali’i) or the Chooks (with B Smith)? I’d say quietly confident. Melbourne without B Smith, a new backrow and likely no Munster? Probably quietly confident also.

We definitely come back to the pack but hard to imagine we’re not top 2 still. If we can’t pick up an upgrade at hooker, we definitely need one on an edge though, just to maintain our advantage up front. I’m sure the club are also starting to get a solid idea for what they have in 20s/Cup that could hit the NRL side by the time the whips are really cracking in 2023 so hopefully they make the right calls as this is the next big test of our club becoming a perennial juggernaut.

Iamback

Coach
Do we realistically lose any of the games so far this season with Api out? I doubt it. Not to say Api hasn’t been huge but I think the gap to all those teams is pretty large. Maybe one of them gets us. Do we feel confident against the Eels next week (without Mahoney/Papali’i) or the Chooks (with B Smith)? I’d say quietly confident. Melbourne without B Smith, a new backrow and likely no Munster? Probably quietly confident also.

We definitely come back to the pack but hard to imagine we’re not top 2 still. If we can’t pick up an upgrade at hooker, we definitely need one on an edge though, just to maintain our advantage up front. I’m sure the club are also starting to get a solid idea for what they have in 20s/Cup that could hit the NRL side by the time the whips are really cracking in 2023 so hopefully they make the right calls as this is the next big test of our club becoming a perennial juggernaut.

With him and Kiks out. Yep we lose a couple. Dragons one comes to mind

WestyLife

First Grade
Tell him we accept he had to go on a journey of self discovery and welcome him home with open arms to replace Kikau for the steep price of a pie and coke.

snickers007

Juniors
Moses win rate at the Eels is 72.32%

Creative accounting at it's finest. Lol.
64 wins, 49 losses since he switched to the Eels midway through 2017.
Win rate is 56.6%

Maybe Burton and his manager, realizes that money is not the be all and end all. He may return.

Burton may think this way, but his manager does not. It's all about the Benjamin's for those grubs.
Best move for Burton would be to wait and see what Munster does. If he leaves Melbourne, you go to Melbourne. Otherwise, I'd be looking at the Broncos or Sharks - teams on the rise, but lacking an established 5/8 (Broncos), or looking for a more long term solution (Sharks).

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Win rate is 56.6%
Wow good catch. I took him at his word but he hasn't even had a season with a win rate above 70%.

He's actually worse than i thought. Nathan has won 90%+ for 3 seasons in a row now and Moses is sitting at about 65% across the same period.

Nathan would've been undefeated last year if he wasn't injured in Origin and required to change how he played for the rest of the season.

Whino

Bench
Win rate is 56.6%

Burton may think this way, but his manager does not. It's all about the Benjamin's for those grubs.
Best move for Burton would be to wait and see what Munster does. If he leaves Melbourne, you go to Melbourne. Otherwise, I'd be looking at the Broncos or Sharks - teams on the rise, but lacking an established 5/8 (Broncos), or looking for a more long term solution (Sharks).

Agree with this. Melbourne would be the perfect club for him.
I think he would go alright next to Reynolds too.

Win rate is 56.6%

Burton at Melbourne will excel, But we dont want Melbourne winning everything.

Kilkenny

Coach
Bulldogs got Burton in the first place rather cheaply, I don’t think his manager he is going to make the same mistake again. Riolo should have backed his client, they took the dogs deal way too early.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Bulldogs got Burton in the first place rather cheaply, I don’t think his manager he is going to make the same mistake again. Riolo should have backed his client, they took the dogs deal way too early.
That deal set him up for life. His career could end tomorrow in this sport

Latest posts