What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Correct but I'd have taken the money.
I remember posting at the time I thought they had gone too early. $500k is a good earn but $700k would have been much sweeter. Another investment property in the portfolio. They took the money on offer at the time, and the choice of club, so it is what it is.

Iamback

Coach
Two year deal with a player option before a ball was kicked in 2021.

Excellent deal for a guy who had played six NRL games at the time of signing.

He was not guaranteed to start in 2021 either, it would have been madness to turn it down.

Ash Taylor got $1m in similar circumstances

Kilkenny

Coach
Two year deal with a player option before a ball was kicked in 2021.

Excellent deal for a guy who had played six NRL games at the time of signing.

He was not guaranteed to start in 2021 either, it would have been madness to turn it down.
It would have been interesting to know what sort of proposal Panthers could have put together, they asked him to hold off, but he elected to take Dogs offer. I don’t expect our offer could have got anywhere near the $500k but would have been interesting none the less, particularly given we ended up not retaining Api and Viliame as well.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It would have been interesting to know what sort of proposal Panthers could have put together, they asked him to hold off, but he elected to take Dogs offer. I don’t expect our offer could have got anywhere near the $500k but would have been interesting none the less, particularly given we ended up not retaining Api and Viliame as well.
Kikau is the one I'd have willingly let go. Good player but we have got the best out of him I think

Kilkenny

Coach
Kikau is the one I'd have willingly let go. Good player but we have got the best out of him I think
Kikau has been an integral part of our success, at the same time I don’t think he has ever quite reached the heights he could or should have. Great player, don’t get me wrong, but there are games during the season where he just doesn’t quite deliver. Even for his flaws, occasional quiet games I still think he will be hard to replace.

Munky

Coach
Ash Taylor got $1m in similar circumstances

Taylor signed in October 2017 after 47 games.

Quite a few more than Burton had played.

Will also be the poster boy for not signing young halves on huge contracts for the next few years.

Iamback

Coach
Taylor signed in October 2017 after 47 games.

Quite a few more than Burton had played.

Will also be the poster boy for not signing young halves on huge contracts for the next few years.

The one before that was crazy money to go from Broncos. Then got the $1m on the back of Rookie of the year

Someone would of offered more than $500k if waited and in a better setup too

Kilkenny

Coach
He is the one we can replace from within easiest too
Who are the candidates though. No like for like given Kikau size and power.

Riki, Geyer, Smith were the NSW Cup second rowers/edge players is you want to call that. Lisati didn’t play Flegg on Saturday, don’t know whether he was injured or suspended.

Riki looks like a bit of a prospect, has some potential, Maverick no where near Kikau in size, again has potential and Chris Smith is just borderline NRL/borderline NSW Cup.

Its not going to be easy.

Kilkenny

Coach
Of the forwards who played on Saturday in Flegg Fearnley, Lipowicz and Hihepa Puru will certainly transition to NSW Cup. How much further they progress is anyones guess. I like Fearnley I think he has something* about him. I like Mason Teague in the Ball side, while not overly big in size has a bit of Cameron Murray/Victor Radley about him just all action. I was disappointed Lisati didn’t play on Saturday for whatever reason it would have been good to see him.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I suspect your right, could Ryan Matterson be worth looking at, off contract, strong player in attack and defence, not Kikau but 118kg athletic edge forwards are hard to come by.
Nah that bloke just chases cash and good on him. He'll end up elsewhere

Latest posts