What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
He is no better than what we have.

The Dolphins only signed him after missing out on Smith, Mahorny, and Grant. It was either him or Liddell as their 2nd hooker.
A fit Ray Stone probably starts ahead of him.
If he goes well there good luck to him.
I think he will surprise you next year. Wayne going to make him the player he is capable off, right now he is in a very bad team.

Iamback

Coach
He is no better than what we have.

The Dolphins only signed him after missing out on Smith, Mahorny, and Grant. It was either him or Liddell as their 2nd hooker.
A fit Ray Stone probably starts ahead of him.
If he goes well there good luck to him.

We have got a lock that has played a bit of hooker
Some one that played 40 mins of FG

Having a 3rd option isn't a bad idea

The yak

Juniors
Garner is a trash forward, shouldn’t even make our bench. I have no idea where he will fit in our team since his defence is by far his worst attribute. Lazy player who is the opposite of what this current Panthers culture is.

He hasn't even had the chance to play for us and some are running him down. Give him his chance here than judge him.
He has been at a shit club with a bad quitter culture.
Whatever improvement he has in him will happen here. One pre-season here will make a big change.

snickers007

Juniors
He hasn't even had the chance to play for us and some are running him down. Give him his chance here than judge him.
He has been at a shit club with a bad quitter culture.
Whatever improvement he has in him will happen here. One pre-season here will make a big change.

Gotta be born at Nepean Hospital to be worthy of donning the jersey :rolleyes:

Iamback

Coach
so thats 20 right contracted next season?

Edwards
May
Tago
Crichton
To'o
Staines
Turuva
Jenkins
Luai
Cleary
Kenny
Luke
JFH
Leota
Leinu
Sorensen
Mav
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Lisati
Henry
Puru

Development deals

So yeah 20.

Guys like Eisenhuth
Smith etc you usually re-sign late because they see if another club or England are better options

The Realist

Juniors
Gotta be born at Nepean Hospital to be worthy of donning the jersey :rolleyes:

Nah, I pay attention to the Tigers because I have a few good friends who are fans. I remember watching them 2-3 years back and remarked that none of their forwards - not even their starters would make our bench. Funnily enough Matt Eisenhuth was one of them.

The Tigers fans were particularly scathing of Garner who at the time was more interested in fixing his hair after a tackle then getting back into the line. It was hilarious because as soon as they pointed it out, he actually did it 2 seconds later.

Of course our pack has since gotten weaker due to cap concerns so we aren't so good that we'd reject all their forwards but Garner is no gun and is not close to one either.

Then again this current culture under Ivan/Ciro might do him a world of good. They turned fringe 1st graders like Capewell and Sorenson into good players and even M.Eiso is now a serviceable forward so I hope that is the case with Garner.

Whilst he is no Kikau he has good physical attributes and is a capable attacker, so maybe some extra fitness and attitude adjustment is all he needs?

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Edwards
May
Tago
Crichton
To'o
Staines
Turuva
Jenkins
Luai
Cleary
Kenny
Luke
JFH
Leota
Leinu
Sorensen
Mav
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Lisati
Henry
Puru

Development deals

So yeah 20.

Guys like Eisenhuth
Smith etc you usually re-sign late because they see if another club or England are better options
Sounds like Chris and Matt will be off then...

Black Panther

Juniors
Edwards
May
Tago
Crichton
To'o
Staines
Turuva
Jenkins
Luai
Cleary
Kenny
Luke
JFH
Leota
Leinu
Sorensen
Mav
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Lisati
Henry
Puru

Development deals

So yeah 20.

Guys like Eisenhuth
I hope we re-sign Lindsay Smith, going to be a cracking player I think. Been in the Junior system for a long time now.

Iamback

Coach
Sounds like Chris and Matt will be off then...

Matt was the forward linked to ESL.

If they do go. Plenty of others will be in the same boat and who wouldn't want to come and play here on minimum wage for 12 months. Put yourself in the window to go elsewhere

Iamback

Coach
Just what we have been waiting for, another Junior talent locked and loaded. Has had an amazing start to his NRL career, easily our 2nd best Winger now. And I do think Staines is a good player also, it May has taken his chances and jumped him on the pecking order now.

As I said earlier. Probably before your time posting

I am not worried about the guys from the area going. It is the the others that have no ties to the area that will go

Iamback

Coach
Nah, I pay attention to the Tigers because I have a few good friends who are fans. I remember watching them 2-3 years back and remarked that none of their forwards - not even their starters would make our bench. Funnily enough Matt Eisenhuth was one of them.

The Tigers fans were particularly scathing of Garner who at the time was more interested in fixing his hair after a tackle then getting back into the line. It was hilarious because as soon as they pointed it out, he actually did it 2 seconds later.

Of course our pack has since gotten weaker due to cap concerns so we aren't so good that we'd reject all their forwards but Garner is no gun and is not close to one either.

Then again this current culture under Ivan/Ciro might do him a world of good. They turned fringe 1st graders like Capewell and Sorenson into good players and even M.Eiso is now a serviceable forward so I hope that is the case with Garner.

Whilst he is no Kikau he has good physical attributes and is a capable attacker, so maybe some extra fitness and attitude adjustment is all he needs?

I'd back Ivan to fix Fitness and defence

I don't trust them to build up a players attack. Garner can attack the rest can get worked on

Latest posts