What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Nah, I pay attention to the Tigers because I have a few good friends who are fans. I remember watching them 2-3 years back and remarked that none of their forwards - not even their starters would make our bench. Funnily enough Matt Eisenhuth was one of them.

The Tigers fans were particularly scathing of Garner who at the time was more interested in fixing his hair after a tackle then getting back into the line. It was hilarious because as soon as they pointed it out, he actually did it 2 seconds later.

Of course our pack has since gotten weaker due to cap concerns so we aren't so good that we'd reject all their forwards but Garner is no gun and is not close to one either.

Then again this current culture under Ivan/Ciro might do him a world of good. They turned fringe 1st graders like Capewell and Sorenson into good players and even M.Eiso is now a serviceable forward so I hope that is the case with Garner.

Whilst he is no Kikau he has good physical attributes and is a capable attacker, so maybe some extra fitness and attitude adjustment is all he needs?
I’d be hanging onto Matt Eusinhuth see no benefit in letting him go if we can avoid it, he does his job every time he is called upon. If he leaves it’s just another player who has to be replaced.

Kilkenny

Coach
Hassett & Teague have signed with Dolphins sorry to break the news guys…It was hinted at in last wks papers & those are the 2.
But of a blow really, along with Katoa, we have lost our three best players from Ball to the Dolphins. Can’t be too critical of the club in this instance given they are going to a new franchise So probably not much we could do. Still disappointing, Teague to me looked very similar in style to the Bunnies Cameron Murray, not a big body but just everywhere in attack and defence.

Black Panther

Juniors
But of a blow really, along with Katoa, we have lost our three best players from Ball to the Dolphins. Can’t be too critical of the club in this instance given they are going to a new franchise So probably not much we could do. Still disappointing, Teague to me looked very similar in style to the Bunnies Cameron Murray, not a big body but just everywhere in attack and defence.
Why wouldn’t the club be able to identify him as a must keep then? Yes I do understand you can’t keep them all.

Iamback

Coach
I’d be hanging onto Matt Eusinhuth see no benefit in letting him go if we can avoid it, he does his job every time he is called upon. If he leaves it’s just another player who has to be replaced.

Because he wants to play FG

Kilkenny

Coach
Because he wants to play FG
Understandably, but there isn’t the money in the ESL there once was, the good money is available to the very best while the rest ex Pat Aussies earn pretty much what they earn here. Other than replacing him with a player from the junior ranks were not going to get someone of equal quality from the NRL. It is clear we are pretty much stretched to the max on our cap and that is even allowing for not tipping in for certain players.

Iamback

Coach
Understandably, but there isn’t the money in the ESL there once was, the good money is available to the very best while the rest ex Pat Aussies earn pretty much what they earn here. Other than replacing him with a player from the junior ranks were not going to get someone of equal quality from the NRL. It is clear we are pretty much stretched to the max on our cap and that is even allowing for not tipping in for certain players.

How much do you think he is on though? I doubt he is on much

Plenty of other guys around to do the fringe FG role

ESL is basically a paid Holiday though. Sign a couple of year deal and travel through Europe on your days off

betcats

Referee
Bennett is just out here pillaging other teams juniors id like to fly kick the old fella. Anyway If we are keeping May, Tago and Turuva along with Jenkins and the Puru boys we have done well. Lisati, Henry and Mav all locked in also hopefully Fearnley. Its a good mix of young talent across most positions. Would be nice if a back rower or two could come on fast but for the rest we have the luxury of bringing them in slowly.

Kilkenny

Coach
How much do you think he is on though? I doubt he is on much

Plenty of other guys around to do the fringe FG role

ESL is basically a paid Holiday though. Sign a couple of year deal and travel through Europe on your days off
I have no idea of what he is on, probably more than we think thou.

The lifestyle in the ESL is pretty good if you play for Catalans if you play for a club in England’s north it can be pretty dire. A relative of mine has done it, spent a number of seasons there for Leeds, Hull and Bradford and day to day life can be pretty miserable when you are used to our way of life. trust me Given his experience it is not as glamorous as you think.

Iamback

Coach
Bennett is just out here pillaging other teams juniors id like to fly kick the old fella. Anyway If we are keeping May, Tago and Turuva along with Jenkins and the Puru boys we have done well. Lisati, Henry and Mav all locked in also hopefully Fearnley. Its a good mix of young talent across most positions. Would be nice if a back rower or two could come on fast but for the rest we have the luxury of bringing them in slowly.

Another pre-season to hopefully get Martin a passing game can bide some time for the young ones

Iamback

Coach
I have no idea of what he is on, probably more than we think thou.

The lifestyle in the ESL is pretty good if you play for Catalans if you play for a club in England’s north it can be pretty dire. A relative of mine has done it, spent a number of seasons there for Leeds, Hull and Bradford and day to day life can be pretty miserable when you are used to our way of life. trust me Given his experience it is not as glamorous as you think.

I don't think he'd be on more than $200k with how the rest of the cap is spent

Kilkenny

Coach
Bennett is just doing his job I guess.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think he'd be on more than $200k with how the rest of the cap is spent
$200 maybe $250 would be fair pay. He probably could get similar money in the ESL, maybe a bit more. Depends on his family situation I guess which I know nothing about. Maybe if he is single with no kids it would be a no brainer if he could get more money but with a family it is a tough gig, it really is.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
$200 maybe $250 would be fair pay. He probably could get similar money in the ESL, maybe a bit more. Depends on his family situation I guess which I know nothing about. Maybe if he is single with no kids it would be a no brainer if he could get more money but with a family it is a tough gig, it really is.
A little bit more even a $100k more to pack up and move across the world is not worth it in my opinion. If I was him for $250k I'll try get an extra year in the contract to stay in Australia

Kilkenny

Coach
A little bit more even a $100k more to pack up and move across the world is not worth it in my opinion. If I was him for $250k I'll try get an extra year in the contract to stay in Australia
If you’ve ever been to Hull in the North East you’d want half a million a season to play and live there. Apologies to anyone on here who may have originated from there but even they may acknowledge it is not exactly glamorous.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
If you’ve ever been to Hull in the North East you’d want half a million a season to play and live there. Apologies to anyone on here who may have originated from there but even they may acknowledge it is not exactly glamorous.
I have a cousin in York, I couldn't deal with the extreme cold, this current weather is a bit much for me.

Iamback

Coach

You don't go for England.

You go for the rest of Europe. Same reason as people take bar tending jobs over there

Kilkenny

Coach
I have a cousin in York, I couldn't deal with the extreme cold, this current weather is a bit much for me.
York is a beautiful city. Inside the old wall, it has a special vibe, the cobblestone streets, restaurants, bars great place to visit but yes the weather for much of the year is dire. I was last there in 2014 in April so the weather was acceptable I really enjoyed the couple of days there. They have a great comedy club , underground for anyone who may be visiting.